Negreanu Open Wednesdays At Poker Stars

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So Highway, are you saying that DNA's fold of 99 was good vs these 2 players?

this is about as homoriffic as anything I've seen tonight ....PokerStars Game #55831296743: Tournament #345122701, $5.00+$0.50 USD Hold'em No Limit - Level I (10/20) - 2011/01/12 21:12:48 ETTable '345122701 3' 9-max Seat #1 is the buttonSeat 1: stugots76 (1664 in chips) Seat 2: dna4ever (3545 in chips) Seat 4: Blue Baboon (2368 in chips) Seat 5: MaxStPolish (2490 in chips) Seat 6: BIGRICKY2413 (2693 in chips) Seat 7: kosintrouble (3730 in chips) Seat 8: *MELINA 07* (4410 in chips) is sitting outSeat 9: TrueAce13 (3100 in chips) dna4ever: posts small blind 10Blue Baboon: posts big blind 20*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to dna4ever [9h 9c]MaxStPolish: folds BIGRICKY2413: folds kosintrouble: folds *MELINA 07*: folds TrueAce13: raises 40 to 60stugots76: folds dna4ever: calls 50Blue Baboon: raises 160 to 220TrueAce13: raises 335 to 555dna4ever said, "WTF"kosintrouble said, "lol"dna4ever: folds Blue Baboon: raises 595 to 1150TrueAce13 said, "gtfo"TrueAce13 said, "phil"TrueAce13: raises 595 to 1745Blue Baboon: calls 595

MP+1 raises to 375.00, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to 900.00900 is a decent 3 bet and with my stats (23/13 with 9%3betting) you should assume my 3 betting range here definitely crushes KJ, so despite your argument for implied odds your call was loose at best but with the short MP1 raiser (whose stats were 7/4 so tight as hell) left to act it was just bad imo and why I didn't put you on KJ. While I should have c/f on that turn my misplaying this hand isn't as bad as you calling here with KJo in the first place. Seriously what are you beating against a short tight MP1 raiser and a SB 3 bet, nothing. I made my raise the size I did thinking the original raiser would come over the top here and with my stack vs his I was happy to get it all in against him with AK.I think Creed is Dirty Poker Forum so are Paula and Melina. And CovairShaggy I see exactly where you're coming from with your line and I might have played your hand exactly the same way.Edit: calling in this scenario with KJo is a losing play over the long run. You can be result oriented and say it paid off here but it's a losing play overall.

MP+1 raises to 375.00, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to 900.00900 is a decent 3 bet and with my stats (23/13 with 9%3betting) you should assume my 3 betting range here definitely crushes KJ, so despite your argument for implied odds your call was loose at best but with the short MP1 raiser (whose stats were 7/4 so tight as hell) left to act it was just bad imo and why I didn't put you on KJ. While I should have c/f on that turn my misplaying this hand isn't as bad as you calling here with KJo in the first place. Seriously what are you beating against a short tight MP1 raiser and a SB 3 bet, nothing. I made my raise the size I did thinking the original raiser would come over the top here and with my stack vs his I was happy to get it all in against him with AK.I think Creed is Dirty Poker Forum so are Paula and Melina. And CovairShaggy I see exactly where you're coming from with your line and I might have played your hand exactly the same way.Edit: calling in this scenario with KJo is a losing play over the long run. You can be result oriented and say it paid off here but it's a losing play overall.
Hey now. Actually MP+1 is probably only reading as a 7/4 cause I sat out for the first 20 minutes... prolly more like a 9/6