Az Shooter Was An Atheist

Heh.Well, I was being a bit hyperbolic when I said they don't believe it because it's too difficult for them to understand. The issue is really about who and what a person is willing to believe, not necessarily just how much knowledge and intelligence that person has. Basically, does a person believe in the scientific method, or not? What I really meant is that not believing in the scientific method is stupid, and people who think that way are thinking stupidly.There simply isn't any positive evidence that evolution is "designed." There isn't any because it definitively doesn't exist. ID muddies the scientific waters by pretending that it is science, when in fact it is theology, or metaphysical philosophy. Evolution is one thing, and it is factual. Whether or not God exists is another topic, and there's no more (or less) proof of Him in the evolution of species than there is proof of Him in the beauty of nature. 'Evolution is so intricate and incredible that God must have made it,' is no more provable than, 'Women and trees and mountains are so incredible that God must have made them.' It's philosophy, not science. That's why ID is such an embarrassment: because God is irrelevant to the studies of evolution, biology, geology, genetics, etc., as they are dictated by the scientific method. As vb said it's, "an elaborate attempt to make creationism appear to be a scientific theory."
How do you integrate the fact that the guy who 'invented' the scientific method was a christian?
  • Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do you integrate the fact that the guy who 'invented' the scientific method was a christian?
Like I said, it's perfectly irrelevant. Science is one thing, religion is another. Now let's pretend that "one guy" invented the scientific method, and that guy was a christian. So...his learned supernatural beliefs about the afterlife did not interfere with his worldly logic. So what?
Like I said, it's perfectly irrelevant. Science is one thing, religion is another. Now let's pretend that "one guy" invented the scientific method, and that guy was a christian. So...his learned supernatural beliefs about the afterlife did not interfere with his worldly logic. So what?
But you are implying that the latter affects the former.But in reality most of the major findings in science are attributed to Christians.But I do like your explanation of ID as a metaphysical philosophy, which is probably a better description of my beliefs.That and the word 'correct'
Are you referring to Galileo?
But in reality most of the major findings in science are attributed to Christians.
France was once an important country whose opinion meant something.Christians are the France of science.