2011 Fcp Weight Loss Challenge

serge, good luck! I'd like to lose that much weight too. I'd be happy to start a competition to make it easier for us. I had a double down from KFC last night for the first time. It was amazing but back on the subject. I've wanted to lose weight for a while but it's hard when you don't feel like making meals after work or really feel like doing anything but relaxing. Let's do this!
I would be willing to start a new FCP Weight Loss challenge.No money, just so we can record our progress.
  • Replies 828
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would be willing to start a new FCP Weight Loss challenge.No money, just so we can record our progress.
I don't think you should start a new weight loss challenge. You should start a lifestyle change challenge. Everyone discusses what they ate, including fast food, junk, etc... Also, discuss physical activities and such.
I don't think you should start a new weight loss challenge. You should start a lifestyle change challenge. Everyone discusses what they ate, including fast food, junk, etc... Also, discuss physical activities and such.
Dale is correct on this.

Good call Dale, on both counts. The portion size stuff amazes me. More specifically, it amazes me how much of something good I'll plop onto my plate. Lately we've been really trying to give ourselves small portions. Like, our plates look weird, the portions are so small. Sometimes we go back for more, but often we find that we're fine after. And we have lunch for the next day!It's hard, but I'm trying to force myself to really think about how much food I want to shove down my maw, not just how much looks about right on a plate.I'm not really trying to lose weight right now - normal eating is pretty impossible with a pregnant wife who hates to eat alone. Just trying to pay attention to that kind of thing. Happy to report I'm down a couple pounds over the last few months, and my wife is only up a very healthy couple pounds at 16 weeks.

Smaller than average plates are an excellent investment for an lifestyle change undertaking. Most plates today are huge and can hold three appropriate servings.

Smaller than average plates are an excellent investment for an lifestyle change undertaking. Most plates today are huge and can hold three appropriate servings.
I also find that dishing things into serving bowls/platters helps. I probably eat twice as much sour cream with nachos or perogies (holy crap, I love perogies) if I just bring over the container, rather than spooning some out into a bowl. I'll just conserve what is in the bowl, too lazy to get up.

good luck Serge.Im in if you want to start anything here. I like Dale's idea of a lifestyle challenge. I need to make some smarter choices and stop with my yo-yo weight loss.One thing I really want to do but have no willpower at all for it....weight train. I can play sports 7nights a week, but Ill be bored lifting weights in 10min.

Im in if you want to start anything here. I like Dale's idea of a lifestyle challenge. I need to make some smarter choices and stop with my yo-yo weight loss.One thing I really want to do but have no willpower at all for it....weight train. I can play sports 7nights a week, but Ill be bored lifting weights in 10min.
You need to do the Rocky IV workout. Chopping wood, lifting people in wagons...that kind of stuff.Also, serge, remember this?
PM me if you guys want a lifestyle to lose weight and keep it off..
im interested
PM sent.

My name is Serge and Im a food a holic.The first two days have been pretty good. I find just getting into the swing of things the hardest.This is going to sound very gay, but I was at the mall and I bought the Biggest loser Wii game. I have been doing the workouts the last two days and its amazing the workout I get.Starting weight 232Current weight 228(wont be waying myself everyday as its pointless, but the beginning just wanted to see that water go away)

My name is Serge and Im a food a holic.The first two days have been pretty good. I find just getting into the swing of things the hardest.This is going to sound very gay, but I was at the mall and I bought the Biggest loser Wii game. I have been doing the workouts the last two days and its amazing the workout I get.Starting weight 232Current weight 228(wont be waying myself everyday as its pointless, but the beginning just wanted to see that water go away)
That is gay, but many gays are thin...look at Biatch. HAHAAnyway, whatever works, man!
That is gay, but many gays are thin...look at Biatch. HAHAAnyway, whatever works, man!
Not true. There is this big gay male nurse that works with my wife. He is at least 300lbs.Funny thing is I saw him at Costco last week (keeping with the Costco Hotdog thing going on).

i was very gun ho about the hole lisfestyle change earlier this year then at one point I just changed back, about 4 months in. I put back on a bit of what I lost but mostly i regret having given up what was really working for me. The weight loss chalenge helped keep me accountable. Lets do a weight loss chalenge over the entire hockey season, from asap to the last regular season game.

• 3 weeks later...

Down 8 lbs..Im doing it a little different this time..Not a STRICT diet like I always do, and deprive myself.Im just cutting down in all areas..Less desserts, less take out, less fried stuff..When I go out to dinner order the sensible choice..Instead of ordering fries, I ordered sweet potato fries...When I go to Subway, I get the Turkey with no cheese , instead of the Tuna..Little easy things like this is the way to go, everyone preaches that to me, but I never listen..I am also not deprived of anything..I even had a piece of chocolate the other day. A tiny piece, but a piece none the less.Also I m exercising again.

• 11 months later...

Its been a battle..However I am back at it (hopefully this time for good) since Labour day.

I started with the basics at first..Cut out all pop(soda for the Americans) . I know Diet Coke and Zero have no calories, but it affects your appetite and it just makes you eat bad. THen the obvious stuff like junk food is gone..Now I am on a pretty strict diet.

Its actually a medical diet that I am on..The first phase is very difficult, where you basically cut out all carbs, sugars and salt...Its protein filled , not an Atkins diet but similar..

It goes in phases where you introduce more and more foods as you go along. My goal is to finally drop the extra 40 lbs .

I have dropped about 10 lbs since I started.

Its amazing what happens when you start reading the labels on food. There is so much sugar and salt in our diets that its ridicolous. Its a lifestyle change and hopefully this time its for good.

nice work Serge, keep at it, dont let any setbacks bring you down.

and I agree 100% with you on the diet pops.....Ive realized that drinking them gave me some kind of sugar rush anyway, and wanted food with them, or more food.

good luck.

my experience is that if you strictly watch your calorie intake and keep it below a set amount (my number is 1500 because I do nothing all day) it doesn't really matter what form your calories take (sugar, carbs, whatever). I'd say half of my meals were deli meat sandwiches on wheat bread, which I understand some of those diets consider to be the devil? if carbs are worse than other kinds of calories, my personal experience is that it isn't significant. stop breaking your daily limit and you WILL lose weight.

I'm down another 2 since the last post, and I honestly drank a ton of beer over that time span. so you could say I've been living pretty absurdly unhealthy.

my experience is that if you strictly watch your calorie intake and keep it below a set amount (my number is 1500 because I do nothing all day) it doesn't really matter what form your calories take (sugar, carbs, whatever). I'd say half of my meals were deli meat sandwiches on wheat bread, which I understand some of those diets consider to be the devil? if carbs are worse than other kinds of calories, my personal experience is that it isn't significant. stop breaking your daily limit and you WILL lose weight.

I'm down another 2 since the last post, and I honestly drank a ton of beer over that time span. so you could say I've been living pretty absurdly unhealthy.

I agree with the calorie intake..But If you just use the number it doesnt work(especially for me)

For example if I am eating 1500 calories a day,technically I can eat a big mac deal with large fries...but nothing else..Thats not healthy..

Stuff you learn from reading lables..

One banana has almost as much sugar as a can of coke.

• 2 weeks later...

Its been a battle..However I am back at it (hopefully this time for good) since Labour day.

I started with the basics at first..Cut out all pop(soda for the Americans) . I know Diet Coke and Zero have no calories, but it affects your appetite and it just makes you eat bad. THen the obvious stuff like junk food is gone..Now I am on a pretty strict diet.

Its actually a medical diet that I am on..The first phase is very difficult, where you basically cut out all carbs, sugars and salt...Its protein filled , not an Atkins diet but similar..

It goes in phases where you introduce more and more foods as you go along. My goal is to finally drop the extra 40 lbs .

I have dropped about 10 lbs since I started.

Its amazing what happens when you start reading the labels on food. There is so much sugar and salt in our diets that its ridicolous. Its a lifestyle change and hopefully this time its for good.

We are about 3 weeks in , and I am down 17lbs..

Pretty much done phase 1..In the first phase weight drops off a lot quicker..So while I am about half way to my goal, the next 23 lbs will be a lot tougher and slower to come off..Which is the way I like it.

Also I havent done any exercise yet, and now i will be starting back doing some cardio to go along with diet.

While it has been tough at times(like at the AHL draft where people were eating Nachos and disgustingly good looking Onion Rings, I ate a chicken salad) I am at the stage where its getting easier.

• 2 weeks later...

Down 22 lbs. made it thru a wedding and thanksgiving.

15 more lbs to get under 200. I think last time I was under 200 was when the jays won the worl series

• 3 weeks later...

Last couple of weeks have been very gradual lost another 5 lbs..Had a couple of cheat weekends..But overall eating more stuff now, but just eating healthier..

Down to 209 this morning. I have another 10lbs to go..

THe difference is amazing. I dont care about how I look, but feel a lot better. Dont get tired as quick.

If I can do it, anyone can do it.