2011 Fcp Weight Loss Challenge

If anyone out there, I guess Arp and Wayne, is interested in joining us for Ball hockey for some exercise let me know and Ill send details..The thing is its hard if you have a real job..Maybe Arp you can get away not sure if you are too busy..We play in a Scarborough community centre, every Tuesday and Thursday from noon to 1pm..Its fun.
Noon to 1 pm?Does anyone work?
  • Replies 828
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Noon to 1 pm?Does anyone work?
Mostly people who have their own business , or who take longer lunch breaks.
If anyone out there, I guess Arp and Wayne, is interested in joining us for Ball hockey for some exercise let me know and Ill send details..The thing is its hard if you have a real job..Maybe Arp you can get away not sure if you are too busy..We play in a Scarborough community centre, every Tuesday and Thursday from noon to 1pm..Its fun.
cant do it. I gotta be here, even if Im not busy. Thanks for the offer though.Is this at Egl+Kennedy area? I used to play there long ago, but they were pretty cool about us using regular hockey sticks.
I'm jealous of people who can just go out and run, even in high school I had trouble with anything over a short burst. At my peak when I was playing football I was able to finish a required two mile run in about 16 minutes, but that's the only distance run I can remember not having major problems with. My buddy is around 250 and runs ultramarathons...I have no idea how he does it. He used to be bigger than I am but he was in the Army for like 15 years so I'm sure that helps teach your body what it can do.
i've always had a pretty good base level of fitness and played a very high standard of rugby until i was 18 (in the youth setup of a professional team) but since then i basically went to uni, ate and drank a lot and dropped out of playing sport pretty much all together. back then i could have run 5k in my sleep but today it was the first time i'd exercised in 6 months and was a real struggle. i'm hoping that by the end of this 3 months i'll be back to a level of fitness where i dont find a 5k run too taxing.
cant do it. I gotta be here, even if Im not busy. Thanks for the offer though.Is this at Egl+Kennedy area? I used to play there long ago, but they were pretty cool about us using regular hockey sticks.
Yes..We use plastic blades but they are pretty open..i got in with Raffi the dentist..I am sure you know him.Its a good workout.
Yes..We use plastic blades but they are pretty open..i got in with Raffi the dentist..I am sure you know him.Its a good workout.
wow, I think Raf's been running this for years. I think he was the one who booked the night slot for us like 10years ago, and I recall him mentioning he preferred playing during the day. thats a good sized gym, we used to have a lot of good runs there.good call, great exercise.

Well guys, I made it back to regular civilization. If I never go back to Olds, I'll be thrilled. I've never met such unfriendly people in my life. Not one person in a customer service position that I met cracked a smile all weekend. And we ate out a lot.anyways, I had to come straight to work and haven't had access to a scale yet. I am stopping on my way home to pick up a scale and will submit my starting weight this evening.

So far my best weight-losing success has been to gather up all the snacks, cookies, etc I had around the house, and bring them to work to 'share' over the past few weeks. Basically just left them with Christmas food that was out, and let my coworkers eat it.Two part win: get it out of the house AND fatten up my coworkers to make me feel better.

Official weigh in: 251.8I guess I'm not as fat as I thought. I've only put on 10 since Vegas in the summer. My goal weight is 230. I'll upload a pic and ship money tomorrow morning.

F ME. It's crazy how much fitness it requires to casually walk up 8 floors to my apartment. I hit the up button, then the scary elevator opened and I was reminded about my story, so I went and walked up... my quads hurt and I'm almost out of breath. Sigh. Asthma sucks.

F ME. It's crazy how much fitness it requires to casually walk up 8 floors to my apartment. I hit the up button, then the scary elevator opened and I was reminded about my story, so I went and walked up... my quads hurt and I'm almost out of breath. Sigh. Asthma sucks.
You should get an ipod shuffle and make it a routine.

I have the iPhone, but it's not such a big deal that I need music, it just affected my breathing. I use that as my biggest crutch, my asthma. As dumb as it sounds, but it's a good excuse, lol. Going to start to do it every time I come home, and hopefully soon it'll be no big deal.

I have the iPhone, but it's not such a big deal that I need music, it just affected my breathing. I use that as my biggest crutch, my asthma. As dumb as it sounds, but it's a good excuse, lol. Going to start to do it every time I come home, and hopefully soon it'll be no big deal.
I didnt realize you have asthma..That can definetely be a crutch..I also have this crutch which is flat feet..Its really bad that i cant run as much as I like..8 stairs a couple of times a day would be awesome for you if you can manage it.Updated OP with Dubey's weight
i have been pretty good today, had my shake for breakfast and so far thats holding me over..The shake is a product that my wife is involved with(mostly her friend)...Its a mixture of proteins and is a meal replacement...It has worked for me in the past.The idea is you have two shakes during the day, along with snacks and a sensible dinner.Its not a gimmicky product, its totally safe and the company has been around for years..
Serge are you talking about Isagenix?

Chunck tuna is better than flaked tuna. The chunk is a peice of tuna cut off the fish whereas the flaked tuna is all the leftover bits and pieces on teh cutting board. You should only reduce your caloric intake by by 10-20% of what your base level intake is. Here is a caculator to determine your requirements: http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htmCutting your calories more than that will result in unhealthy weight losss, ie: it will be unsustainable because you will be losign muscle mass as part of teh weight loss. The objectives isn<t so much weight loss as it is fat loss. YOu wan tto lose fat and build muscle.Set an attainable heatlthy objective, only expect to lose 1-2 lbs a week. NOw taht I sound like I know what I<m talking I"ll post my weight and lose all credibility:Weigh in: 282lbs.Objective: 220lbs

I'm going skating with my son and his Grade 1 class today. I hope I can tie up my skates.BTW Serge, they are Reebok 5K with Sidney Crosby's name on the back.

I'm going skating with my son and his Grade 1 class today. I hope I can tie up my skates.BTW Serge, they are Reebok 5K with Sidney Crosby's name on the back.
Have fun..Those skates are awful..I have heard from many sources that there are defects and when you wear them you all of a sudden start whining more.

I am down 3.5 lbs this morning...Its very normal for me when I start a diet to lose very quick the first two or 3 days..Also my weight fluctuates +/- 3lbs everyday