2011 Pca Main Event

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.pokerstarsblog.com/pca/2011/2011-pca-ladies-eventAn early hand ended the tournament for satellite player Rose G when her full house (tens over jacks) was beaten by a bigger full house. Another satellite player from Finland, Veronica Engberg, pushed in with jacks over tens and Rose called with what is normally a lock hand. Rose, who has recently made poker a major focus in her life by logging several hours a day playing satellites and playing in the PokerStars Women's League, took the bad beat in stride, but the early end to her tournament was obviously a devastating loss. When she realized however, that she had the rest of the afternoon to relax and get ready for the party tonight, she seemed to brighten visibly.
All in all, the experience I would not trade it in. It was awesome all the way around. Met a ton of cool people, Wandigo, Gibler, NNB, and many many more. Met and hung out with POY 2nd place guy by the name of Dwight Pilgram. Met a few of the ladies and some other friends. Railed Wandigo and Gibler a little in the 1k. We partied +++ in the lounge and Daniel hung out in our lounge. Talked with Daniel, Amanda and Melissa Castello, Melissa and I play in the Women's league. Daniel was teasing me as I was drinking mojoto's the night before my event. I only had 2 that night. PokerStars hosted 2 parties which were super awesome. Partied, dance and drank. The pools, slides and resort were unbelievable. It started with a goodie bag, a new piece of luggage carry on bag filled with goodies, got 4 T-shirts, a hoodie, hat and a polo shirt. 2 Decks of cards and a card button. They gave a ton of perks plus provided food and drinks at the 2 parties. Will post my pics in a few days. Got one of me, Daniel, Amanda and Melissa. One with Elky, 1 with Vanessa Russo , her boot camp was awesome, plus a few other pro's. Met Chen and a few other people like The Stein. What can I say it was fun, party central and poker could not be done any better. I will definitely be doing this every year. Next year I plan to play a few more events. I also played 3 sng's there and cashed in 2 of the 3, so I learned a lot, met a great group of people, and enjoyed myself. Like I said a great experience.
sounds like pokerstars does an awesome job with taking care of their players to make sure they have a positive experience even away from the poker table. Other sites should do more of this stuff.pics Rose?
good stuff Rose..Looks like you had a blast.
I most certainly did have a blast. I truly recommend this to all, there were some cheap events but the place is expensive hotel and food and drink wise
you look great sweetie, glad you had a great time!
:)won a few bets from Dwyte Pilgram as I was betting on some of his Sunday game coin flips took him down for some $, you would of been so proud of that Sky, it was funny, I told him the guy would call him and he put a big raise thinking he would fold. He pops 20 to the table and I counter the same. Well it got to be fun cause I out beat him on a few :club:
won a few bets from Dwyane Pilgram as I was betting on some of his Sunday game coin flips took him down for some $, you would of been so proud of that Sky, it was funny, I told him the guy would call him and he put a big raise thinking he would fold. He pops 20 to the table and I counter the same. Well it got to be fun cause I out beat on a few :club:
Who's that guy? Is he a poker player?
Who's that guy? Is he a poker player?
http://www.cardplayer.com/poker-players/78302-dwyte-pilgrimhttp://www.pokerpages.com/player-profile/dwyte-pilgrim.htmhe is on the cover of January's Card Player Mag, he gave me a signed copy.poy # 2 man last year, winner of Bogota's WPT event
plus he's black so it's an added incentive for rose.you look good rose keep up the good work.
Ian be niceDwyte is a nice kid, and not the man of my dreamsespecially when my man is in Fairfield

double post blahhhhhh

• 2 weeks later...