2011 Pca Main Event

The PCA Main Event starts today at noon at the Atlantis Resort in The Bahamas.Day 1A is Saturday and I want to wish good luck to any FCPers who are playing. Daniel won't be starting today of course since he'll be at the Super High Rollers Final Table.I guess it's too much to ask that Gibler matches last year but let's hope he and other FCPers have saved up some of their run good for what is expected to be a record PCA field with over 1500 entrants.Updates will be available at the Poker Stars Blog and Poker News and Daniel will send updates when he's playing.http://www.pokerstarsblog.com/http://www.pokernews.com/live-reporting/20...ure/main-event/http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/daniel-negreanu/twitter.phpDaniel's Twitter Updates9 January 2011, 11:00 amRealKidPoker: About to start play in the PCA main event. At my table so far I see Luca Pagano don't recognize anyone else yet.9 January 2011, 1:16 pmRealKidPoker: 19,175 started with 30k bad start. Bet 3 streets board was 35678 guy called me with KK oops!9 January 2011, 2:09 pmRealKidPoker: Win a million one day steamed up the next. Taking some beats early down to 11,750 blinds 100-2009 January 2011, 3:04 pmRealKidPoker: This will sound whiny. Haven't hit a str/flush draw in ages. Just went broke with 88 vs AK. Ran awful today. Beach time @mandaleatherman ?

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GL Rose, tid
thx, starting to get a little nervous. I fly out Wednesday morning and got a letter today with the line up of events and parties, looks like tons of fun. Get there at 2:10 est, and hoping that Gibler is still in so I can watch him play. My Event is January 14, at 2pm est. I will try to twitter my stacks in between levels but can't promise too much of course I am listed as a PokerStars Qualifier and should be easy to find on PokerNews etc. my Twitter is rcgs59. http://twitter.com/#!/rcgs59 2. Come to the PokerStars Welcome Desk at the entrance to the Conference Center, between the Coral and Beach Towers. You can pick up your player bag there, along with the wristbands you'll need to get into the PCA party on the 14th January.3. Go to the Registrations Room opposite the Tournament Room from the 7th January at 10.00am and you can collect your Main Event Tournament Ticket as well as your Bootcamp Ticket. The times this desk will be open are as follows;January 13th - 11.00am to 8.00pmJanuary 14th - 11.00am to 8.00pm January 15th - 11.00am to 9.00pm4. Eat, Play Love* PokerStars Women has teamed up with Beth "Betyamama" Gains a writer on PSWomen.com who will share some of her original concepts from her very popular Eat, Play Love women's poker seminars. Any registered female player (and guest) attending the PCA can chose to attend one of two sessions. The purpose of these seminars is to teach women poker players how to manage the emotional roller coaster of being a poker player. Participants will meet on the beach of the Beach Tower and be taken through a series of exercises to strengthen one's mindset in preparation for tournament play. Beth's concepts teach players how to get in touch with certain characteristics within themselves that sabotage their game. These no-pressure sessions are designed for women players to relax and clear their heads. Participants need only show up in comfortable beach attire. All participants will receive an Eat Play Love goody bag upon completion of their session. So come and join us at this FREE bootcamp which will be held between 4.30pm and 6.00pm on January 13th. For further information, please contact pca@pokerstars.com 5. PokerStars Women Cocktail* The PCA is the biggest poker festival in the World outside of Las Vegas and PokerStars likes to celebrate it in style, so any registered female player (and guest) is invited to come along to our cocktail reception, where you will be able to get to know your fellow players over a nice glass of bubbly as well as meet some of our PokerStars PROs. It is being held at the Dragon's Patio between 8.00pm and 9.00pm on January 13th, we would love to see you there!!6. Vanessa Rousso's BootcampWe are excited to welcome you to the Bahamas and eager to be a part of what will likely be an unforgettable experience! Vanessa won the ladies tournament here at the PCA last year right after teaching her signature bootcamp to some lucky qualifiers. She can't wait to do it all over again this year! Join Vanessa and the rest of the Big Slick Boot Camp team on January 14th, bright and early at 8:30am for check-in and registration at the Hera Meeting Room. The camp will run from 9:00 am until 1:30 pm and will cover Intermediate Poker Tournament Theory. There will also be plenty of time for autographs and pictures with Vanessa. As for pens and other materials, we've got you covered, so just bring your A game! We can't wait to meet you all!*Player BagsPokerStars Qualifiers Direct Buy In's through the PokerStars client or through PokerStars accounts will be able to collect their PCA Player Bag from the Welcome Desk from the 12th January. * PokerStars PCA PartyYou are cordially invited to the PokerStars PCA Party on Friday 14th January 8.30pm to 10.30pm at the "Royal Deck". You can bring 1 adult guest with you (children do not require a wristband but must be accompanied by an adult over 18). The Royal Deck is just outside the Royal Tower and there will be signposts.If you lose your wristband or you require more than the two given to you (SuperNova Elite players get 3 wristbands) then you will need to go to the PokerStars Welcome Desk from 7.00pm on the 14th. There is NO guarantee that additional/replacement wristbands will be issued SO KEEP THEM SAFE!Anyone wearing a PokerStars party wristband will also get into the Atlantis nightclub, Aura, after the party.* Hotel RoomsPlease note that PokerStars has paid for your room, including taxes, gratuities, and a tip for your bellman. Further gratuities are completely at your discretion.* Poker ActionThe poker room will open on Monday 6th January at 11:00AM for the Super High Roller tournament. Live games, sit'n'gos and other scheduled tournaments begin from 12.00PM on January 7th. The Tournament Room will be open at 11.00AM each day and close 4.00AM (Sit and Go tournaments will stop at midnight).Make sure you get a PCA magazine from the PokerStars Welcome Desk situated at the entrance to the conference center for details on everything which is happening.Don't forget that your friends and family can follow the action from the Bahamas on PokerStars.TV. Visit www.pokerstars.tv for more information.* Other ActivitiesWe are pleased to have even more on offer this year. We will have a Player Lounge where you can come and relax when you are not playing. We'll have Wii, PlayStation, foosball and a pool table. We will also have many activities which will give you a chance to meet Team Pros, make sure you drop in and see the full players lounge schedule for details.One final thing: if you have any questions, problems, or comments, don't hesitate to find any of the PokerStars staff and ask us. Our sole purpose at the Atlantis is to make sure that you have a wonderful time. If there's some way we can make the PokerStars Caribbean Adventure better for you, just tell us.Now go pack the suntan lotion and the camera - we'll see you soon.Warmest regards, PCA Event Team

Main EventDays: * 1a Chip Stats Last update on 3 minutes agoBernard Lee 173,000 -4,000 negBryan Colin 165,000 30,000 posBlair Hinkle 125,000 95,000 posDmitry Stelmak 125,000 45,000 posFaraz Jaka 122,000 -4,000 negChino Rheem 116,000 46,000 posHarry Kaczka 100,000 70,000 posOlivier Busquet 90,000 48,000 posOwen Crowe 90,000 17,000 posJames Obst 87,000 5,000 posPieter de Korver PokerStars PokerStars Team Pro (Netherlands) 85,000 5,000 posFelipe Ramos 80,000 Nacho Barbero PokerStars PokerStars Team Pro (Argentina) 80,000 25,000 posPhil Ivey 80,000 -10,000 negHarrison Gimbel 20,000 -12,000 negRead more: http://www.pokernews.com/live-reporting/20...event/chips.htm

sounds like lots of fun Rose..Have fun and TID
ty :club: just need to bring some good running juice with me lolJust got home from Niagara playing 1/2 only up $225.00 today the table was much more tighter, but not bad for a 4 hour session.
Harrison Gimbel finished day 1 with 22,700. 800/1600 200 on monday. lazy rive and waterslidesr all day tomorrow

from Wandigo45,000 on dinner break from 30k starting. returning to 300-600-50edit just posted by Kenmade it to day2 of PCA with 34,000. bad last 2 levels was up to 100k then i wasn't. o well, hittin the lazy river and maybe some waterslides in the morning with gib before we start back at noon

gg Wandigo and gibler Is there any one still in from FCPCya tomorrow

Last I heard "Eat, Play, Love" is cancelled.
not according the email I got yesterday and today
Rose are you still going to the pca?!?!
Yes I fly out I the morningwill be there at 2:10 my event is on the 14thbooked an extra night for the 12th, thus will be there from the 12-17th