2011 Pca - $100,000 Super High Rollers

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6.32pm: Negreanu doublesA period of calm and then boom, a double up for Daniel Negreanu, pegging him back to 2,260,000. After a bet from Eugene Katchalov, Negreanu moved all-in for a little more than a million and was called straight away by Katchalov who showed A♣5♣ to Negreanu's A♠K♦. With Negreanu calling for some good natured drama the two players stood to watch the board dealt A♦9♠4♥3♦4♠. Negreanu's hand held. We play on. - SB

6.44pm: Nuts out-nuttedDaniel Negreanu must have thought it was his moment to swing this heads up back in his favour. Eugne Katchalov had raised to 120,000 from the button and Negreanu had called. Katchalov c-bet a 120,000 on the 4♣8♠5♦ flop and Negreanu called before leading into the 6♥ turn for 325,000. Katchalov made the call.The river paired the board and Negreanu, sat with 7♥9♠, was understandably worried. He checked over to Katchalov who bet 550,000. Negreanu made the call and was shown the bad news; pocket sixes from Katchalov for quads. Literally a brutal turn of events. Negreanu is down to around a million. "I was going to call it all. That's the second time you could have busted me," Negreanu taunted. Katchalov still way out in front with 8 million. -- RD

Dinner BreakPosted 7 minutes ago by FerricRamsium Neither player wanted to take an extended break, but the television crew must eat. As such, they've agreed to shorten it to about a half hour, and play will resume at 7:40.Chip Counts Eugene Katchalov 7,565,000 -810,000 Daniel Negreanu PokerStars Team Pro (Canada) 1,965,000 840,000 Read more: http://www.pokernews.com/live-reporting/20...er-high-roller/

Five in a Row for NegreanuPosted 3 minutes ago by donpeters • Level 20: 40,000-80,000, 10,000 ante Daniel Negreanu raised to 160,000 from the button and won the pot.Katchalov raised from the button to 160,000 and Negreanu reraised to 380,000. Katchalov folded and Negreanu won the pot.Negreanu raised to 160,000 from the button and won the pot.Katchalov raised to 160,000 from the button and Negreanu called to see the flop come down . Negreanu checked and Katchalov fired 160,000. Negreanu raised to 400,000 and Katchalov mucked.Negreanu raised to 160,000 and won the pot.That's five in a row for Negreanu and he's back up to 2.6 millionRead more: http://www.pokernews.com/live-reporting/20...er-high-roller/

GG Daniel8.40pm: Eugene Katchalov wins the $100,000 Super High Roller eventDaniel Negreanu opened for 160,000. Eugene Katchalov looked down the table; "I'll put you all in, Daniel."Negreanu tanked for a while, making a series of elaborate gestures as if about to call but suddenly changing his mind. Eventually he took a chance and called, turning over 5♠5♥. It was a good call, with Katchalov showing 4♥4♦ for a 3,280,000 pot.The flop came A♣8♠T♠ and Negreanu was still ahead, but the turn 4♠ swung the advantage to Katchalov. The river card 2♣ ewas neither the spade or five that Negreanu needed, and Eugene Katchalov becomes the $100,000 Super High Roller Champion, earning $1,500,000.

2011 Poker Goals04 Jan 2011In January of 2010 I wrote a blog laying out some lofty goals for the year 2010 Blog.Now, often people write in January how they are going to share their results for the year, but as soon as things go south, they don't want to talk about it anymore. I'm not that guy. I'm more than willing to point at my failures just as often as my successes, and 2010 saw me miss my goals by a large margin.1. $1 million in tournament earnings in 2010. Well that didn't happen. I didn't get that big score I needed to cross the $1 million mark and finished the year with $683,825 in cashes. The goal in 2011 remains the same, and I'm very confident I'll be able to achieve this goal, starting out with some big events at the PCA in just a few days.
So, he can pretty much take the year off?

gg Daniel, wtg and now your back on top of the money leader boards :club:

getting coolered for that much money is kinda sick. gg. gj. and make this only the start daniel. POY?

2011 Poker Goals04 Jan 2011In January of 2010 I wrote a blog laying out some lofty goals for the year 2010 Blog.Now, often people write in January how they are going to share their results for the year, but as soon as things go south, they don't want to talk about it anymore. I'm not that guy. I'm more than willing to point at my failures just as often as my successes, and 2010 saw me miss my goals by a large margin.1. $1 million in tournament earnings in 2010. Well that didn't happen. I didn't get that big score I needed to cross the $1 million mark and finished the year with $683,825 in cashes. The goal in 2011 remains the same, and I'm very confident I'll be able to achieve this goal, starting out with some big events at the PCA in just a few days.
He came too soo, I think he needs to up it to $2,000,000 now.