Official 112th Congress Scorecard Thread

if only there was an actual leftist media outlet of note this applied to....
Well, HuffPo was one of the early Palin-did-it bandwagon jumpers, so they should lead the way back, too.Hint: I'm not holding my breath.
  • Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, HuffPo was one of the early Palin-did-it bandwagon jumpers, so they should lead the way back, too.Hint: I'm not holding my breath.
I think they should too right after Drudge apologizes for all their lies and slander (Obama to visit India for 2 trillion dollars a day!). Welcome to blogger journalism, Henry. Where you been?Hint: I don't consider HuffPo a real news outlet. It's a partisan link site.
I can't wait for the denials that Krugman is a mainstream left commentator and the the NYT is not a mainstream paper.Best comment I've seen so far: the guy's Youtube videos list Mein Kampf as one of his favorite books, and discuss using grammar as currency for mind control.... so it's obvious this guy was.... A Grammar Nazi!

The DailyKos calls to target Giffords::

Well, I'd argue that we can narrow the target list by looking at those Democrats who sold out the Constitution last week....Giffords, Gabrielle (AZ-08) ...
Calling Krugman.... calling Krugman....
I can't wait for the denials that Krugman is a mainstream left commentator and the the NYT is not a mainstream paper.Best comment I've seen so far: the guy's Youtube videos list Mein Kampf as one of his favorite books, and discuss using grammar as currency for mind control.... so it's obvious this guy was.... A Grammar Nazi!
I read some his you-tube stuff, I don't think he really has any coherent political positions, he sounds as if he may be a schizophrenic.
I read some his you-tube stuff, I don't think he really has any coherent political positions, he sounds as if he may be a schizophrenic.
Yeah, it's looking a lot like this. He thinks that grammar is currency and that literacy is awaking from dreaming... or something...imo, people put too much effort into understanding the motivations of insane people. This guy was a nut who got his hands on a gun and shot a lot of people.
Yeah, it's looking a lot like this. He thinks that grammar is currency and that literacy is awaking from dreaming... or something...imo, people put too much effort into understanding the motivations of insane people. This guy was a nut who got his hands on a gun and shot a lot of people.
It would have been a better story if there was more to it than that though! Not a banner day for the NY times.
I can't wait for the denials that Krugman is a mainstream left commentator and the the NYT is not a mainstream paper.
Nope, the huffpost definitely did not count but the NYT obviously does. Very sad---probably want to wait to find out about the guy first before jumping to a conclusion. The use of targets for political adversaries is still poor form though.
The use of targets for political adversaries is still poor form though.
yeah I have a feeling this may be scaled back slightly for a bit
there were initial reports of a 22 yr old white male named jared laughner or something like that. don't see them anymore, but we'll see. saw something else about him being an afghanistan vet.
Jesus, what's a god damn veterinarian from Afghanistan doing in Arizona?

A 'friend' of Loughner said this about him:

"He was a pot head and into rock, like Hendrix, The Doors, Anti-Flag," she wrote. "I haven't seen him in person since 2007 in a sign language class. As I knew him he was left wing, quite liberal and oddly obsessed with the 2012 prophecy. He had a lot of friends until he got alcohol poisoning in 2006 and dropped out of school. Mainly a loner, very philosophical."
oops, looks like Sarah Palin was not on his 'People who most influence me' lists.This is what the left gets when they take a tragedy and try to gain political points off the death of people.Oh no, someone shot a bunch of people, quick, lets spin it so we can focus hate on our political rivals....I feel ashamed of you guys. ( Cane )

read this on some news cnn report about the shooting. quote from some guy in arizona displeased with the level of vitriol and hate:"We have become the mecca of prejudice and bigotry."incidentally, mecca, as a place which accepts no members of other races/religions, is actually the mecca of prejudice and bigotry.

so have we figured out yet which political party is definitively responsible for a psychotic person murdering several people?

I notice nobody mentioned how Palin's site was dangerous before..I guess it wasn't very obvious until after?
Yeah nobody noticed...except for the Congresswoman herself.
"For example, we're on Sarah Palin's targeted list, but the thing is, that the way that she has it depicted has the crosshairs of a gun sight over our district. When people do that, they have to realize that there are consequences to that action," Giffords said in an interview with MSNBC.
http://www.boston.com/news/nation/articles...resswoman_shot/Now I'm not blaming Sarah Palin for an insane gunman going on a rampage. I'm just saying, if the insane rampage of an insane man can make the press and the public reconsider the culture of angry-attack-politics and fear-and-anger-based political rhetoric, at least something good can come of it.
Yeah nobody noticed...except for the Congresswoman herself.http://www.boston.com/news/nation/articles...resswoman_shot/Now I'm not blaming Sarah Palin for an insane gunman going on a rampage. I'm just saying, if the insane rampage of an insane man can make the press and the public reconsider the culture of angry-attack-politics and fear-and-anger-based political rhetoric, at least something good can come of it.
I read this too.This was her comment after her campaign headquarters got tagged.It couldn't be that Arizonians disagree with her stance on health care, it's the graphics Sarah used.Ultimately the left who tried to connect this guy with Sarah Palin and the Tea Party are going to be stuck snapping their fingers, shouting 'look over here' while hoping that we forget that they were completely willing to whore out their morality by standing on the dead bodies while they were still bleeding to try to beat their political opponents down as many pegs as they could.We know now that he was an anti religious, pot smoking, left leaning, communist sympathizer...AKA a Democrat.
so have we figured out yet which political party is definitively responsible for a psychotic person murdering several people?
Well, if numbers are your game, than it would be any party based on atheism...They have a commanding lead
I'm just saying, if the insane rampage of an insane man can make the press and the public reconsider the culture of angry-attack-politics and fear-and-anger-based political rhetoric, at least something good can come of it.
We know now that he was an anti religious, pot smoking, left leaning, communist sympathizer...AKA a Democrat.
Well, that thought lasted for 12 minutes.

I love how the partisan douchebags come out to assign partisan blame for a horrific individual act...With bated breath, they sat on the sidelines, waiting for the gunman's political affiliations to crystalize, desperately hoping he wasn't one of them... He's clearly a CONSERVATIVE! She shot at a DEMOCRAT representative! He rambled about the GOLD STANDARD! A TEA PARTIER! THE GUNMAN WAS A TEA PARTIER!NO, HE WAS A LIBERAL! Amongst his favorite books he listed the COMMUNIST MANIFESTO! There were BURNING FLAGS on his youtube page! He had a DISDAIN FOR AMERICA! HE WAS A LEFTIST!You're all pathetic turds.

I love how the partisan douchebags come out to assign partisan blame for a horrific individual act...With bated breath, they sat on the sidelines, waiting for the gunman's political affiliations to crystalize, desperately hoping he wasn't one of them... He's clearly a CONSERVATIVE! She shot at a DEMOCRAT representative! He rambled about the GOLD STANDARD! A TEA PARTIER! THE GUNMAN WAS A TEA PARTIER!NO, HE WAS A LIBERAL! Amongst his favorite books he listed the COMMUNIST MANIFESTO! There were BURNING FLAGS on his youtube page! He had a DISDAIN FOR AMERICA! HE WAS A LEFTIST!You're all pathetic turds.
I agree with you here, and I just want to clarify -- I in no way assign the shooter's political background and responsibility for the shooting. I have been harping on his background to show the stupidity of the people who immediately blamed it on Palin, and find it funny that, once again, it was a leftist who did it. You'd think they would've learned with the guy who flew a plane into the IRS building, and they immediately blamed small-government tea party rhetoric. Oops, that one was a Bush-hating Obama contributor.Some people never learn.
I feel ashamed of you guys. ( Cane )
assigning things to me (even though I never made the Palin connection---I just said it was only a few liberal blog-tards---then the NYT made me look bad) while pretending this guy was a Democrat even though there is no evidence of that either other than your raving delusions that Democrats like communism. You're no better than Paul Krugman. fun times.

oh good, cnn's doing it too.main page link to the story's title: "Ticker: Victim's history with Palin""yeah, I mean we're not saying that Palin is responsible, no not at all, but here's this story anyways, just for funsies."this sheriff blaming the "political vitrol" is a pretty huge ass too.

"When you look at unbalanced people, how they respond to the vitriol that comes out of certain mouths about tearing down the government, the anger, the hatred, the bigotry that goes on in this country is getting to be outrageous," Dupnik said.
jesus, just fuck off dude. how ridiculously unprofessional of this guy.at least obama and (as far as I've seen) the rest of the high level politicians have kept from trying to politicize the whole thing, so far at least.
assigning things to me (even though I never made the Palin connection---I just said it was only a few liberal blog-tards---then the NYT made me look bad) while pretending this guy was a Democrat even though there is no evidence of that either other than your raving delusions that Democrats like communism. You're no better than Paul Krugman. fun times.
This is low.I may have to reconsider how much I like you.Send me back my interesting story :angry2:And you sure you want to use as your defense that 'there is no evidence' of his political leanings? Because I know one of us was touting things that fit that description, but I don't think it's who you think it is.
But but but, Scram.The right create this atmosphere of hatred by campaigning and not compromising all their opinions.Its their fault that people on the left have reacted to it by shooting one of their own.It's Bush's fault that Major Hasan shot and killed 13 people while screaming 'Allahu Akbar' If Bush hadn't overreacted to the planes being flown into the twin towers, then Major Hasan would still be just talking bad about his country while drawing a paycheck.It's always the rights fault, BECAUSE THE LEFT CARES MORE AND MEANS WELL.