Doesn't the "i'm way overvaluing my hand" range come into play though?Just because the guy is a "competent tag" doesn't mean we can give him credit for being a good player.
On the turn, I think he can maybe have merely trip tens.By the river, I think he's got the straight at minimum.
On the turn, I think he can maybe have merely trip tens.By the river, I think he's got the straight at minimum.
Would a ten really raise the flop in an unraised pot in this spot though? Only hand that you beat that might possibly do this is 109 though.edit: I think river is a trivial fold. It's the turn that's the more interesting spot. I honestly think it's a c/f.
Would a ten really raise the flop in an unraised pot in this spot though? Only hand that you beat that might possibly do this is 109 though.edit: I think river is a trivial fold. It's the turn that's the more interesting spot. I honestly think it's a c/f.
QFT, and imo the turn is any action which involves a '/f' with c/f > b/f
I'm not sure that it would, but I suppose it's possible. He could also maybe have Ah9h or J9 at that point.I agree that the turn is kind of the interesting spot. I think I might've folded if he'd bet more than half the pot and led me to believe that he might possibly check the river. I was a little curious about what I would do if the river was a blank...where I wouldn't be chopping at best.Oh well. As I think you guys surmised, I thought it was an interesting hand. Definitely not often when you flop the nuts and get to 3-bet it and then are supposed to c/f in Hold 'Em.I did end up folding the river.
UTG+1 is a winning reg. I used to think he was a donk, but he seems sort of TAG these days. I probably have a competent/TAG image.feral_cow_icon.gifv1.24Feral Cow PokerHEM/Bodog NL Hold'em $2.00/$4.00 - 9 playersHJ: $803.09 CO: $973.90 Button: $403.50 SB: $615.00 BB: $412.00 (Hero)UTG: $392.00 UTG+1: $613.00 MP: $452.00 MP2: $274.00 Preflop: ($6.00) Hero is BB with :3h: :qh: (9 players)UTG folds, UTG+1 calls $4.00, 5 folds, SB calls $2.00, Hero checksFlop: ($12.00) :jh: :ts: :5c: (3 players)SB checks, Hero bets $8.00, UTG+1 raises to $29.00, SB folds, Hero raises to $89.00, UTG+1 calls $60.00Turn: ($190.00) :club:: (2 players)Hero checks, UTG+1 bets $95.00, Hero calls $95.00River: ($380.00) :4h: (2 players)Hero checks, UTG+1 bets $380.00, Hero ?
What a terrible spot, hes screaming boat. Ah7h, Ah9h, AhJh, QhJh can't think of really any other hands that make much sense. Tough fold.