Unloading The Clip (rush) (fr) (.25/.50)

Not much in the way of reads. Villain is only one-tabling.feral_cow_icon.gifv1.24Feral Cow Poker Hand ConverterFull Tilt No-Limit Hold'em $0.25/$0.50 - 9 playersButton observer527: $56.45 SB old haymaker: $67.95 BB Hot Tub Jonny: $38.20 UTG MOONSHINE22: $32.80 UTG+1 Hero: $183.30 MP bill4895: $224.00 MP2 DACTO: $18.25 HJ GSVIKING: $50.00 CO Conwayetal: $50.00 Preflop: ($0.75) Hero is UTG+1 with :jh: :ts: (9 players)MOONSHINE22 folds, Hero raises to $1.50, 5 folds, old haymaker calls $1.25, Hot Tub Jonny foldsFlop: ($3.50) :5c: :4h: :3h: (2 players)old haymaker bets $3, Hero raises to $9, old haymaker calls $6Turn: ($21.50) :qh: (2 players)old haymaker bets $0.50, Hero raises to $13, old haymaker calls $12.50River: ($47.50) :club:: (2 players)old haymaker bets $0.50, Hero raises to $45

give up on the turn imo he isnt folding

I don't much like raising pot sized donkbets as a pure bluff on the flop. I see bet/3bet here a lot with "i hasses the toppedest pair" or they get sticky with some stupid marginal hand. It is air a decent amount though so I'd probably float.Turn you can get these stupid blockers to fold fairly often as they're asking for a cheap card. I like the raise on what should be a brick for both of you.River is annoying because I don't see blocker/fold often enough. Sizing is a little rough too because you have to get this to work 50% of the time. I'd try it a little smaller if i tried.

give up on the turn imo he isnt folding
So you fold getting 44-1?For you guys wanting to give up, what kind of hand do you put him on?
JT? He should fold to your river raiseI think if you decide to raise this flop, which I don't do, then you're justified in raising his min-bets
This was kind of my feeling also.As for raising the flop donkbet...donkbets are weak...my hand doesn't really have a lot of showdown value or much of a chance to improve, so I raise. I'd be more inclined to flat with something like even 66.
This was kind of my feeling also.As for raising the flop donkbet...donkbets are weak...my hand doesn't really have a lot of showdown value or much of a chance to improve, so I raise. I'd be more inclined to flat with something like even 66.
The donk bet had better be very weak. Since you have next to no chance of improving, meaning this is akin to a pure bluff and as such needs a lot of fold equity. As he keeps on calling our raises, is his range still weak enough to justify this?
The donk bet had better be very weak. Since you have next to no chance of improving, meaning this is akin to a pure bluff and as such needs a lot of fold equity. As he keeps on calling our raises, is his range still weak enough to justify this?
People donk out on flops with A-high, crappy pairs, and absolute air plenty.I'd say his bet-sizing continues to say that he's weak. That said, I'm obviously not quite sure how stubborn he is.

Results:Opponent thought for only a moment before calling with Krablar (:ts:club:).I was quite annoyed since it was one of those situations where I read my opponent's hand strength correctly but couldn't get him to do what I wanted.I actually agree with Ninja that my river sizing could be better...that was my biggest regret. I probably could've gotten roughly the same effect as a shove with a raise in the $25-30 range...and saved money when he decided to station off as he did. In the future, I will obviously not be bluffing this opponent.

I raise donkbets on the flop 100% if the donkbet is small, larger ones like this I give up on quite a few flops, this one probably included.

I raise donkbets on the flop 100% if the donkbet is small, larger ones like this I give up on quite a few flops, this one probably included.
Yeah, honestly, this isn't a terrible approach. I'm much more likely to raise small ones, but I do sometimes raise larger ones. I think this was probably a case of the donkbet not "seeming" large due to my mixture of stakes (I'm playing 2/4 some these days), but it's obviously large in relation to the stakes and pot.

I think that the flop is a trivial fold. There are so many draws that he can/will continue with and that is really a horrid board for your hand vs anyone's range, especially a fish's range here he could be lead/calling crap like QT here. I think closing your eyes and trying to move people off hands on that board when they're not good players is lighting money on fire.

I think that the flop is a trivial fold. There are so many draws that he can/will continue with and that is really a horrid board for your hand vs anyone's range, especially a fish's range here he could be lead/calling crap like QT here. I think closing your eyes and trying to move people off hands on that board when they're not good players is lighting money on fire.
I do agree with this in retrospect. Sometimes I get a little too caught up in my mantra.
Not much in the way of reads. Villain is only one-tabling.feral_cow_icon.gifv1.24Feral Cow Poker Hand ConverterFull Tilt No-Limit Hold'em $0.25/$0.50 - 9 playersButton observer527: $56.45 SB old haymaker: $67.95 BB Hot Tub Jonny: $38.20 UTG MOONSHINE22: $32.80 UTG+1 Hero: $183.30 MP bill4895: $224.00 MP2 DACTO: $18.25 HJ GSVIKING: $50.00 CO Conwayetal: $50.00 Preflop: ($0.75) Hero is UTG+1 with :jh: :ts: (9 players)MOONSHINE22 folds, Hero raises to $1.50, 5 folds, old haymaker calls $1.25, Hot Tub Jonny foldsFlop: ($3.50) :5c: :4h: :3h: (2 players)old haymaker bets $3, Hero raises to $9, old haymaker calls $6Turn: ($21.50) :qh: (2 players)old haymaker bets $0.50, Hero raises to $13, old haymaker calls $12.50River: ($47.50) :club:: (2 players)old haymaker bets $0.50, Hero raises to $45
This is bad flop for you to make a move on. The board has hit a lot of the villains range and in the micros villains don't like folding :D. Also think why bluffing with your given hand may be a bad idea and what other hands may be better for that.
Yeah, honestly, this isn't a terrible approach. I'm much more likely to raise small ones, but I do sometimes raise larger ones. I think this was probably a case of the donkbet not "seeming" large due to my mixture of stakes (I'm playing 2/4 some these days), but it's obviously large in relation to the stakes and pot.
Can you expand??
Can you expand??
Expand on which part?Raising donkbets is generally a very profitable play. Often, the villain is asking, "Did you hit the flop?" You reply, "Yes." Some villains will donkbet with sets or big draws, but there are gobs that will throw a bet out there with trash pairs, A-high, and air.