I Suck With Queens Facing Threebets

feral_cow_icon.gifA pack of feral cows chewed their cuds for .0043 seconds to convert this handFull Tilt No-Limit Hold'em $0.10/$0.25 - 9 playersButton: $26.45 SB: $29.46 (Hero)BB: $12.06 UTG: $12.50 UTG+1: $23.77 MP: $18.36 MP2: $16.55 HJ: $36.26 CO: $22.47 Preflop: ($0.35) Hero is SB with Qh.gifQd.gif (9 players)3 folds, MP2 raises to $0.75, 2 folds, Button raises to $2.75, Hero calls $2.65, BB folds, MP2 calls $2Flop: ($8.50) Th.gif8s.gifJs.gif (3 players)Hero checks, MP2 checks, Button checksTurn: ($8.50) Qc.gif (3 players)Hero ?Comments on all streets appreciated. Both villains are 14/12/3ish tags
feral_cow_icon.gifA pack of feral cows chewed their cuds for .0043 seconds to convert this handFull Tilt No-Limit Hold'em $0.10/$0.25 - 9 playersButton: $26.45 SB: $29.46 (Hero)BB: $12.06 UTG: $12.50 UTG+1: $23.77 MP: $18.36 MP2: $16.55 HJ: $36.26 CO: $22.47 Preflop: ($0.35) Hero is SB with Qh.gifQd.gif (9 players)3 folds, MP2 raises to $0.75, 2 folds, Button raises to $2.75, Hero calls $2.65, BB folds, MP2 calls $2Flop: ($8.50) Th.gif8s.gifJs.gif (3 players)Hero checks, MP2 checks, Button checksTurn: ($8.50) Qc.gif (3 players)Hero ?Comments on all streets appreciated. Both villains are 14/12/3ish tags
LOL. Can we 4 bet fold PF? Like to 7.75? Anyone like? Why or why not?As played, I think we prob need to bet the flop. If we had 4 bet and been flatted, I think we could check the flop around. I don't know if there's any value vs undersets and flush draws on turn or not. I think we can check to the river and see if there's any value there.
LOL. Can we 4 bet fold PF? Like to 7.75? Anyone like? Why or why not?
Yeah I kind of almost never cold-4bet except special situations with AK. Partially cuz I like to trap in those spots with KK/AA, and partially bc I have no clue what to do with QQ/JJ
Yeah I kind of almost never cold-4bet except special situations with AK. Partially cuz I like to trap in those spots with KK/AA, and partially bc I have no clue what to do with QQ/JJ
If we're never 4 betting AA KK PF in this spot, we're burning $$$ IMO tho
If we're never 4 betting AA KK PF in this spot, we're burning $$$ IMO tho
I dunno I make a lot of money check-shoving on the 100bb stacks who auto stack off with any piece of the board be it overpair or whatever, and often we get the original raiser to come along or 4bet it himself.Not too many people screw around with cold 4bets except total retards, and people hate folding anything in 3bet pots especially when there's multiple people because there's soooo much already in.
I dunno I make a lot of money check-shoving on the 100bb stacks who auto stack off with any piece of the board be it overpair or whatever, and often we get the original raiser to come along or 4bet it himself.Not too many people screw around with cold 4bets except total retards, and people hate folding anything in 3bet pots especially when there's multiple people because there's soooo much already in.
Prob is I don't like playing 3 ways with QQ, I'd much rather go heads up with QQ. People bitch alot about QQ, but it's one of my most reliable hands.

cold 4betting over reps our hand for sure... I like flatting. Are we gonna cold 4/fold bc we're only getting jammed on by AA and KK... maybe we can make KK fold. I'd consider it if I was MP2.as played check/eval... that's a nice easy answer

cold 4betting over reps our hand for sure... I like flatting. Are we gonna cold 4/fold bc we're only getting jammed on by AA and KK... maybe we can make KK fold. I'd consider it if I was MP2.as played check/eval... that's a nice easy answer

as long as the plan was check call the flop i like this line and would bet $5 OTT

• 2 weeks later...
I fold pre most times
I fold pre most times
It would be more profitable to burn your money.I like the cold call because imo it really under-reps your hand. I'm betting the turn, something like $6, if you face a raise I think we have to fold. The only hands we can fear are 99 and AK and maybe A9(if MP is a donk or if Button likes to be very aggro). I would just hate to see it checked around and watch the Ks bink the river. Because that's what always happens when I check this turn.

If the button is known for 3 betting his button like crazy I'd like the 4 bet. If not I'd probably just flat it, x/c the flop and then see what happens on the turn. As it ran out we know the button didn't have any thing on the flop but AK is probably solidly in his range. MP2 is the question mark really as he could have been going for a c/r although I think he might donk a fair amount with a strong but vulnerable hand on that board too. I think I would probably x/c again here because you most likely have them smashed or they have you smashed with AK. You can either get them to bet where they wouldn't call or probably get good odds to boat mine against a stronger hand? Also worth considering that if we bet we are commited against MP2 due to his stack size.

Lol wut?
No lol, think about.MP raiser was 14/12, who was than than 3bet by another 14/12/3. I assume that the 3 is the 3 betting %, which is low. Calling oop position puts you in a bad spot, if the button had a wide 3b% or the original raiser was looser my answer def. changes.My fold to 3 bet% is somewhere in the low 70's.
No lol, think about.MP raiser was 14/12, who was than than 3bet by another 14/12/3. I assume that the 3 is the 3 betting %, which is low. Calling oop position puts you in a bad spot, if the button had a wide 3b% or the original raiser was looser my answer def. changes.My fold to 3 bet% is somewhere in the low 70's.
Nice fold to 3bet%.
Not sure what your getting at
How often does someone have to fold their original raise so that your opponent can 3bet any two cards and show an immediate profit ?
How often does someone have to fold their original raise so that your opponent can 3bet any two cards and show an immediate profit ?
It depends on your opening size; 3x 3.5x 4x or even 2.5x, and the size of their 3bor the 24x fake misclick otb w/ AAgo to type in .60 (at 25nl) and type 6.00 and then say oops in the chat box... works best with fish in the blinds who love to call
Nice fold to 3bet%.
Maybe Im reading into this post wrong but you come across like a huge dick here, and I am not quite sure why you would do that. And not just you but a lot of people in this forum have been pretty douchey to the new guy Jbird since he started posting here. And for some reason it kind of struck a nerve with me. Yeah most of his post thus far have been pretty LOL but that doesn't mean we all should be a bunch of dick heads. Every single one of us posted some LOL shit back in day when we started talking strat in these forum or others. We all got better cause better players than us took the time and gave us constructive criticism to our games and not some short condescending post like the one i quoted. Its not like there are a bunch of people posting in here, so there no need to gang up on the new guy and push him away. Id like to think this place was better then 2+2.
Maybe Im reading into this post wrong but you come across like a huge dick here...
TNWSS! :PIn all seriousness, I have to agree with Drew here. Fighter, you probably could have worded that in a more productive manner... and this is coming from a guy who has enjoyed trolling FCP for the past year or two.
Maybe Im reading into this post wrong but you come across like a huge dick here, and I am not quite sure why you would do that. And not just you but a lot of people in this forum have been pretty douchey to the new guy Jbird since he started posting here. And for some reason it kind of struck a nerve with me. Yeah most of his post thus far have been pretty LOL but that doesn't mean we all should be a bunch of dick heads. Every single one of us posted some LOL shit back in day when we started talking strat in these forum or others. We all got better cause better players than us took the time and gave us constructive criticism to our games and not some short condescending post like the one i quoted. Its not like there are a bunch of people posting in here, so there no need to gang up on the new guy and push him away. Id like to think this place was better then 2+2.
I don't think it's so much about the LOL content, but more the arrogance behind his explanations. I could be wrong, but he seems to get all defensive when his play is questioned. Not that he has to agrees with the vets, but it's as if he's not even willing to look at the other side of coin. Again, i might be misinterpreting, but i don't seem to be only one.
I fold pre most times
It would be more profitable to burn your money.I like the cold call because imo it really under-reps your hand. I'm betting the turn, something like $6, if you face a raise I think we have to fold. The only hands we can fear are 99 and AK and maybe A9(if MP is a donk or if Button likes to be very aggro). I would just hate to see it checked around and watch the Ks bink the river. Because that's what always happens when I check this turn.
If thats the case welcome to Value town :club: IMO fold>raise>call
I don't think it's so much about the LOL content, but more the arrogance behind his explanations. I could be wrong, but he seems to get all defensive when his play is questioned. Not that he has to agrees with the vets, but it's as if he's not even willing to look at the other side of coin. Again, i might be misinterpreting, but i don't seem to be only one.
I'm with Nashtak. I'm not even sure what JBird meant by the bolded, but it came off as pretty arrogant (not to say my burning money comment wasn't). I feel like some new person comes around like this once a month. Posts in about 15 threads with his opinion and won't even accept being disagreed with.