Tournament Hand Discussion Thread

Problem with setmining here is I feel I'm ahead here like 100% of the time so I don't really need to ever improve. I just know that if i 3bet, I'm getting a call here like 90% of the time and there are a million flops that handcuff me.
So if you 3-bet this:a) How much?b) Assuming you get UTG and MP2 to flat it, what do you do when the flop comes KJ5 rainbow (for example). What is the best way to proceed, since both villains have you covered easily?
  • Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we are going to be pushing smaller edges than this though in this tournament. Seems like a good spot to pick up chips and I'd prefer shoving. Shove>>Flat>3bet>Fold imo.
I think i like this exactly for the prior hwy hand.
I feel like this is a fairly similar spot as Highwaystars AQ hand? WUG thoughts. UTG is 42/5 over 19 and MP2 is 9/5 over 105. $2 cubeferal_cow_icon.gifDont have a cow, heres your converted handPokerStars No-Limit Hold'em ($2.00+$0.20) t1250/t2500 ante t310 - 9 playersBB: t142,280 UTG: t174,076 UTG+1: t139,896 MP: t22,921 MP2: t131,163 HJ: t96,455 CO: t71,955 (Hero)Button: t25,952 SB: t135,844 Preflop: (t6,540) Hero is CO with 9c.gif9s.gif (9 players)UTG calls t2500, 2 folds, MP2 calls t2500, HJ folds, Hero ??
Not sure what all HUD's actually show....but would it be prudent here to ask about our image up to this point, and furthermore our raisePF% and some sort of fold to 3bet% (i may be way off on this second one)....as well as some sort of 3bet% for the stacks behind you.Like I say, I have no clue how detailed this HUD info is. It would probably help to know how you are perceived right now, what your splits are, and the aggression of those to act behind you. I mean we feel we are ahead of these EP limps. There's now like 15% of your stack sitting in the pot looking relatively ripe for the take. I personally feel we are too deep to shove here (esp with the remaining players to act). How about raise to ~13.5k assuming we feel confident we aren't going to get 3bet light behind us? If are flatted one way we'll have position with "some" room having a 2:1 SPR.I mean we could flat here and hope to see a multiway pot in position...but we're basically blindly set mining then and with a 4 way pot, at minimum.99 is too strong to play this timidly here imo.I could be waaaaay off though as well. The stack size is very tough though. If we could standard raise and have a 3:1 SPR if we are flatted I like it more because it's much more plausible to be able to get to showdown being in position without being all in for our tourney life.
I feel like this is a fairly similar spot as Highwaystars AQ hand? WUG thoughts. UTG is 42/5 over 19 and MP2 is 9/5 over 105. $2 cubeferal_cow_icon.gifDont have a cow, heres your converted handPokerStars No-Limit Hold'em ($2.00+$0.20) t1250/t2500 ante t310 - 9 playersBB: t142,280 UTG: t174,076 UTG+1: t139,896 MP: t22,921 MP2: t131,163 HJ: t96,455 CO: t71,955 (Hero)Button: t25,952 SB: t135,844 Preflop: (t6,540) Hero is CO with 9c.gif9s.gif (9 players)UTG calls t2500, 2 folds, MP2 calls t2500, HJ folds, Hero ??
Limp, let the button jam and then iso rejam

Okay we are down to the bubble, I have a decent stack was 10/16 one girl sitting out which would blind out in 2 rounds, should of have played it safe and folded or do what I did. Which cost me the game and put me out on the bubble. Was putting her on Ace something, or small PP. Would people fold because of being close to the bubble or play it to increase and double there stackto clarify it more fold KK or go for doubling the stack.feral_cow_icon.gifFeral Cow Poker Hand ConverterPokerStars No-Limit Hold'em ($5.00+$0.50) t200/t400 ante t50 - 8 playersBB OG Gramma: t12,123 UTG bobdog88: t9,294 UTG+1 Mollypop: t6,259 MP WuvWe1: t5,385 HJ misspuzzle: t1,088 CO diamndgrl1: t7,605 Button giantfanj: t11,653 SB Hero: t5,775 Preflop: (t1,000) Hero is SB with :5c:jh (8 players)2 folds, WuvWe1 raises to t5335 and is all-in, 3 folds, Hero calls t5135, OG Gramma foldsFlop: (t11,470) :ts:D :D (2 players)Turn: (t11,470) :qh (2 players)River: (t11,470) :D (2 players)WuvWe1 showed :club::4h, and won (11470) with two pair, Aces and TensHero showed :3h:D, and lost with a pair of KingsWuvWe1 won t11470

no offense... but I'm having trouble comprehending what you wrote. Are you asking if the villain should get rid of A 10? Or are you really asking if you should fold KK there? Folding KK would be the nittiest thing of all time in that spot. I guess folding would make sense if someone is holding a gun to your head and they would pull the trigger if you bubbled.If you're asking about the A10, I don't like jamming just over 10 bbs with A10 and 5 players left to act. What do others think?

no offense... but I'm having trouble comprehending what you wrote. Are you asking if the villain should get rid of A 10? Or are you really asking if you should fold KK there? Folding KK would be the nittiest thing of all time in that spot.
folding the KK, to make the money and get 5 points for the last night of the league. I agree it's nitty but to make the money and the 5 points I wondered. I looked at it as a chance to double my stack and head for the FT. oh wellthe 5 points and Ft would of given me top 3-4 in the league, now maybe top 10
folding the KK, to make the money and get 5 points for the last night of the league. I agree it's nitty but to make the money and the 5 points I wondered. I looked at it as a chance to double my stack and head for the FT. oh wellthe 5 points and Ft would of given me top 3-4 in the league, now maybe top 10
still... you are trying to make as much money and points as you can right? How often are you going to be dealt hands as strong as KK late in a tournament? Is min-cashing and min-pointing that important? If you even pause to think about folding KK there you need to call Fluff immediately for emergency help.
I guess folding would make sense if someone is holding a gun to your head and they would pull the trigger if you bubbled.
lol, yea if it's life or death then fold.AT shove is borderline but okay.

Serious question because I suck at this part of MTTsWhat's a decent resteal shove range with like 15-20bbs from the blinds against a typical HJ/CO/BTN open with no limpers?Follow up question...I play mostly micro/low stakes where the majority of players play like 38/10 or 17/3. Against these players, should I be retealing only with the top of my range?

Never even consider folding kings there, ever.
I didn't obviously because I was aiming to double my stack and get to the final table, it was just unlucky. I also wondered if others would of thought of it.

In regards to Rose's KK hand: I'm not folding KK here and if someone is holding a gun to my head it better be a really big gun or I'm still not folding KK here, Did I say I'm NEVER folding KK here?As for the AT shove, close but okay imo. She's lose and would probably be shoving KJs+ A2+ and any pair here so no way this is EVER a fold!!! You're in this to win it and get 20 points not 4 more for a min cash. You played it correctly!!!To make this even clearer against her, I'm calling here with JJ+ AQ+

AT shove is pretty much awesome and apparently her shoving range could be way way way wider if the players actually consider folding KK. I'm guessing she's taking advantage of the bubble and has the bonus of a short stack sitting out. It's like she knows she's playing against girls or something. OH NO HE DIDN'T!You can fold KK or even AA for that matter if the 5 points for a cash places you high enough in the league to win a lot more than first place nets you in this mtt. I'm not sure what those 5 points mean to your payout in the league but it's certainly part of the equation.

You could icm and include the league payouts. Adding those payouts would be very tedious unless everyone left in the tourney besides yourself isn't in the running to cash in the league.

AT shove is pretty much awesome and apparently her shoving range could be way way way wider if the players actually consider folding KK. I'm guessing she's taking advantage of the bubble and has the bonus of a short stack sitting out. It's like she knows she's playing against girls or something. OH NO HE DIDN'T!You can fold KK or even AA for that matter if the 5 points for a cash places you high enough in the league to win a lot more than first place nets you in this mtt. I'm not sure what those 5 points mean to your payout in the league but it's certainly part of the equation.
of course I was aiming for the final table and the 20 points for the win. min cash would of given me 5 points. In the league 1st pays 300, 2nd 200 3rd 100, 4th 80 5th 60 6-10 40 . the win would also boost me in the yearly ranks, for a little more cash. I was currently in 4th 3 points back of 3rd, but the rankings have not been update for 2 days. So I could of slip down a touch. Most likely remain in the top 10 but not top 5. But top 25 in the yearly considering I missed a few months. As for being result orientated you have a point. I guess I wanted to remain in the top 5. Plus if this hand did come up again I would still call with KK. 1st place was $105 last night it was a small showing because of NYE. But to me it's not just the money it's the ranking in the league lol oh well
or you could just make two clicks and go to the mtt strat forum where everything has a nice layout
Apparently it's too hard to navigate a forum so that would be a bad idea. Cause it's hard to post in strat sections.
or you could just make two clicks and go to the mtt strat forum where everything has a nice layout
this ^^^
Компания Строймаркет предлагает вашему вниманию Дверная фурнитура, изделия из металла (коньки отливы водостоки), краски, грунтовки, затирки, пена, пропитки, крепеж(метизы), легкий приспособление, продукция Момент, сухие смеси, гипсокартон, профиля, стеклоткань, Товары из пластика, утеплители подложка изоляция, Фанера, Электроды, Электротовары (розетки.ю кабеля, выключатели, расходники). Дверная фурнитура
SPAM