Fcp Player Of The Year For 2010

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I will say I never in my life expected 2010 to play out as incredibly as it has. Maybe a week or two before 2010 I had dropped out of college to pursue poker full time mainly online. Previously I was never fully committed as I never had the necessary time to put in. I came into the year planning on playing my first ever $10k at PCA and somehow I held my own against some recognizable faces and won the tournament. I was definitely nervous in the days leading up to the tournament as I had imagined what it would be like to win. At that point I had already accomplished something that I had wanted to do for some time and wow what a feeling... just like everything you worked for previously had come together and everything was clicking. I knew after the tournament that it would be really hard for me to have a negative 2010 and it was only January. I kind of don't remember exactly what I did after but I didn't put in an insane amount of volume pokerwise but I became a minicelebrity whenever I would walk into the local card room. I've never really dealt with being known so it was a change of senerary but it's still kind of cool to be noticed like that. It was kind of confusing as to what to do with my life after PCA because now I was a young kid with some money. There were plenty of people in my ear telling me to do this or do that with and give them $x but lucky for me I have a great family who is experienced in the real estate business, so I was able to invest in some properties down here in south fl and I also put money away for a rainy day. The big tournaments I played after PCA were San Remo (39th) and Monte Carlo (gg) and I didn't put in too much of a live volume. In July, Florida finally upped their limits for cash games and tournaments and I would play maybe 2 or 3 times a week for the 1st month and finished around breakeven. Then in late November the Seminole HardRock Hollywood held a $5k which attracted a lot of out of town people and I got HU and chopped it for $330k. I'm still kind of in shock it's really unbelievable what I accomplished in 2010. But I do plan for 2011 to be fun. I'm starting with PCA so if anyone is going say hey to me I'm really a nice guy. Oh and I met DN @ Monte Carlo and he said something like "oh your gibler?" and gave me a smack on the cheek lol. Seemed like a cool guy. This is all over the place and I'm defiantly rambling but I do enjoy FCP even though my post count has been down a lot. I still talk with a lot of people from this forum and I'm not afraid to make new friends. Congrats to Mr. Sparco, dinkdonk, and everyone else nominated for having great years too. Who's the next FCPer to breakout?

I will say I never in my life expected 2010 to play out as incredibly as it has. Maybe a week or two before 2010 I had dropped out of college to pursue poker full time mainly online. Previously I was never fully committed as I never had the necessary time to put in. I came into the year planning on playing my first ever $10k at PCA and somehow I held my own against some recognizable faces and won the tournament. I was definitely nervous in the days leading up to the tournament as I had imagined what it would be like to win. At that point I had already accomplished something that I had wanted to do for some time and wow what a feeling... just like everything you worked for previously had come together and everything was clicking. I knew after the tournament that it would be really hard for me to have a negative 2010 and it was only January. I kind of don't remember exactly what I did after but I didn't put in an insane amount of volume pokerwise but I became a minicelebrity whenever I would walk into the local card room. I've never really dealt with being known so it was a change of senerary but it's still kind of cool to be noticed like that. It was kind of confusing as to what to do with my life after PCA because now I was a young kid with some money. There were plenty of people in my ear telling me to do this or do that with and give them $x but lucky for me I have a great family who is experienced in the real estate business, so I was able to invest in some properties down here in south fl and I also put money away for a rainy day. The big tournaments I played after PCA were San Remo (39th) and Monte Carlo (gg) and I didn't put in too much of a live volume. In July, Florida finally upped their limits for cash games and tournaments and I would play maybe 2 or 3 times a week for the 1st month and finished around breakeven. Then in late November the Seminole HardRock Hollywood held a $5k which attracted a lot of out of town people and I got HU and chopped it for $330k. I'm still kind of in shock it's really unbelievable what I accomplished in 2010. But I do plan for 2011 to be fun. I'm starting with PCA so if anyone is going say hey to me I'm really a nice guy. Oh and I met DN @ Monte Carlo and he said something like "oh your gibler?" and gave me a smack on the cheek lol. Seemed like a cool guy. This is all over the place and I'm defiantly rambling but I do enjoy FCP even though my post count has been down a lot. I still talk with a lot of people from this forum and I'm not afraid to make new friends. Congrats to Mr. Sparco, dinkdonk, and everyone else nominated for having great years too. Who's the next FCPer to breakout?
I can't wait for you to turn 21 and play the WSOP, NAPT and WPT events. Harrison you will be a rising Star your insane good luck and knowledge of this game will take you far. gl to you in the future and see you at the PCA. :)I have also met and spoken with Daniel and like Serge said he comes across like he does on TV, funny, and down to earth.
psshWe'll let Rose decide if you are a nice guy or not after you two party together in the Bahamas
it will be a honor railing gibler at the PCA, well for partying it will be low key but fun. We will get together for lunch or something for sure.
ouch sorry bro, bad beat

Thought more about it. Impossible decision.One guy who ships a top 5 yearly tourney (size + buy in), and then follows it up with the first FL state title EVER.Another guy who ships about the same field size for a coveted WSOP bracelet.And a 3rd guy grinding at nosebleed cash with huge successes.It's like putting up a picture of reese witherspoon, jenn sterger and marisa miller. You can 1,2,3 it any way you want.....in the end they are all number one's to me.

Rose. I have this sick feeling she's gonna win that PCA event.The beginning of the year is like the first week of the football season. EVERYONE hopes to have that big year that has everyone talking. I sure know I hope this year turns into that for me, but for now I'll just stick to my gameplan and hope my shipment of "run good" juice comes in ASAP.
Rose. I have this sick feeling she's gonna win that PCA event.The beginning of the year is like the first week of the football season. EVERYONE hopes to have that big year that has everyone talking. I sure know I hope this year turns into that for me, but for now I'll just stick to my gameplan and hope my shipment of "run good" juice comes in ASAP.
thx for the confidence vote :)plan is to play my best 1st goal is to set to cash, 2nd goal once I'm ITM go for glory. Be patient, play somewhat aggressive as I usually do, read the board and player tells.Bring the run good juice with me
Kingjames obv. He gave us the 6 max cash micro thread.http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poker-foru...howtopic=140799I'm just saying this is kinda a big deal.