If You Like Planes...

EDIT: I am bumping this thread to try to redeem myself. The video wasn't good, but I took some photos yesterday that I thought y'all might like. Just scroll down.One of the few things I like about living in Louisiana is getting to see crop dusters do their work. I've had several encounters with them as I drive down the road, but I've never really captured the moment on video. This morning, I heard one working a field close to my house. I grabbed my video camera and climbed up onto my roof. It was going left to right, then right to left, from my point of view, and was basically staying behind some trees. Then it changed course and buzzed my house. Here's the video...Sorry that the quality isn't very professional, but as I said, I was sitting on my roof :club:

One of the few things I like about living in Louisiana is getting to see crop dusters do their work. I've had several encounters with them as I drive down the road, but I've never really captured the moment on video. This morning, I heard one working a field close to my house. I grabbed my video camera and climbed up onto my roof. It was going left to right, then right to left, from my point of view, and was basically staying behind some trees. Then it changed course and buzzed my house. Here's the video...Sorry that the quality isn't very professional, but as I said, I was sitting on my roof :club:
i am not suprised i am the first one to post a response over a day after that EPIC video! i dont know if iver seen a small plane before in real life! i hopt you took stills so i can post them as my wallpaper!.....did you ge the pilot's autograph?..because that thats definitely worth shit! ok im done.
i am not suprised i am the first one to post a response over a day after that EPIC video! i dont know if iver seen a small plane before in real life! i hopt you took stills so i can post them as my wallpaper!.....did you ge the pilot's autograph?..because that thats definitely worth shit! ok im done.
I'll admit I deserved that. The video really doesn't capture how cool these planes and pilots really are. I owe you a beer for wasting your time.
  • 7 months later...

That's bad ass.I used to go hunting on a huge (over 1000 acres) old farm that had been in this particular family for like 8 generations. They had two planes for crop-dusting, one they let their 15 year old son fly :club: That kid was an absolute fearless beast when it came to flying an airplane. Used to watch him do his thing when sitting in the treestand- totally, totally, totally fearless and equally skilled. Wound up getting strung on meth and ruining his life, but if he had joined the airforce, there's no doubt he would've been one of their premier flyers.