2011 Negreanu Open Discussion

Originally when we started the Neg-O, Daniel was extremely active with the site and would play with us often (hence the name). I think his interest began to wane after the FCP Poker Room failed. Then he sold the site to others, and eventually became a ghost. It's too bad - lots of us that have been here since 04/05 had a ton of interaction with Daniel and that's why we (or I, at least) fell in love with the site. The site wasn't started with a poker room in mind, it was started as Daniel's personal site. Just wanted to clear that up.As for the turbos, PLEASE don't make them every week. I personally don't enjoy turbos and I hope to soon have the bankroll to play the Neg-O regularly.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lot's of great idea's here, and if I can help out at all, I am willing to do so. turbo's blah but will play it if only once a month but perhaps the main goal is to build it up again and keep it with NL and 8 game instead of horse.The idea of lowering to $5.50 on the 8 game night sounds good.since people liked the HU tourney I can post and make one once a week if they want it. Maybe after Christmas.emails, radio, facebook page are great ways to promote the game.Getting back to the old days when we had great #'s would be nice, and Daniel played under another name which helped deter the railbirds.

Originally when we started the Neg-O, Daniel was extremely active with the site and would play with us often (hence the name). I think his interest began to wane after the FCP Poker Room failed. Then he sold the site to others, and eventually became a ghost. It's too bad - lots of us that have been here since 04/05 had a ton of interaction with Daniel and that's why we (or I, at least) fell in love with the site. The site wasn't started with a poker room in mind, it was started as Daniel's personal site. Just wanted to clear that up.As for the turbos, PLEASE don't make them every week. I personally don't enjoy turbos and I hope to soon have the bankroll to play the Neg-O regularly.
Just want to correct your statement a bit.Daniel sold FCP before it became a card room and now that there is no longer a card room Daniel is again the owner of FCP.It's really hard these days for the Nego to work with Daniel's schedule but he isn't against playing. If I see him online on a Wednesday I'll often see if he can play but every time I've asked he's had something else on his plate but I will try and nudge him more often.

I think Yoda hit it, Not sure who said it but just having Negreanu blast out a tweet with the password or where to find the password so they setup a FCP account would help a ton I don't think DN ever tweets about being on FCP I mean thats the real goal to get more members.

there something too adding a chat room or chat board here would be funFlash chat lol

I think if we take anything that holdemfreaks has and we don't (like radio and "flash chat") and just agree to never implement it we'll be fine

I think if we take anything that holdemfreaks has and we don't (like radio and "flash chat") and just agree to never implement it we'll be fine
some of Yoda's idea's are quite good, but then you don't play the Neg Open very often TylerEach forum has good and bad things about it. There are good idea's through out this thread, coming across that negatively really doesn't suit you. We need to improve the Neg Open attendance and perhaps look at ways to move FCP more into the future, by adding, giving or changing some things. Bob asked for idea's , it's a good thing other people don't always agree with you.
There are some big differences and some similar problems on both sites...HF has games 7 days a week twice nightly and had over 10,000 players games last year, but very little forum discussion. AT FCP, there is a ton of forum discussion and a better quality of players in general. I guess having a game every night of week makes for easy access. I love the amount of games we play, but FCP and other sites definitly have a better quality of poker talk.I never really cared about the flash chat, but it does help members communicate with each other. The radio really depends on who is hosting. Some are definitly better then others. Alot of new players came because of it, but I think some of the older players are getting bored with it.Master Yoda
Bounty on your Butt there Serge in tonight's game lolNever old to play poker , and yes Serge I know that 75% are younger than me but who caresif you play the mix games you will find the older ones.
75%???

For what its worth the Wednesday night doesn't work for me, even taking into account the time difference I still have work the next day. The occaisional Friday-Sunday tournament would mean I would probably play more often.

Originally when we started the Neg-O, Daniel was extremely active with the site and would play with us often (hence the name). I think his interest began to wane after the FCP Poker Room failed. Then he sold the site to others, and eventually became a ghost. It's too bad - lots of us that have been here since 04/05 had a ton of interaction with Daniel and that's why we (or I, at least) fell in love with the site. The site wasn't started with a poker room in mind, it was started as Daniel's personal site. Just wanted to clear that up.Agree with this post -- in the beginning the field was routinely over 100 players, DN was the attractionStill a fun weekly tourney, and dig the leaderboard concept -- I suck at Horse that's pretty much what drove me away, but might try to start up again

I don't mind lowering the buy-in but I don't think that will increase the number of entrants significantly. If we could get DN to play once or twice a quarter I think that will generate more traffic both to NegO and FCP (especially if it's also advertised/promoted/approved by PokerStars). Perhaps DN could play in the TOC at the end of each quarter like the old days?Also in favor of 8 Games over HORSE.

If it were an hour later I would be more likely to play. But then, no one else would have a chance to win, so maybe that's not "good for the game".
Register in advance and you should still have 50~66% of the starting stack (if it remains at 3k) even after an hour worth of blinds. This would allow you to play in NegO but with a 1/2 to 2/3 stack which should give the rest of us a better chance. Win-Win situation imo :club:

I like the buy the way it is . I also like the fields the way they are but I mostly play 45 sng.I do not like large fields.The reason I like smaller fields in the open is because almost all of the people post and you see them all the time on FCP.It is always a fun time when I sit down to play . My only problem is that the prizes do not make it out faster.Now I know that it is alot of time and work for the people who put in the work here at FCP and I am thankfull for all there hard work. If we start getting larger fields I think that the closeness of all the people that post and play will be hurt.But just my stupid drunk thoughts for the moment.

Doesn't address the OP, but moving it to Friday or Saturday-or adding a trny on Friday or Saturday works for me.

Thanks for the feedback everybody.It seems that changing the HORSE days to 8-Game is something that people want as well as some Knockout tourneys.I just sent Bryan at Poker Stars the request for the 1st Quarter of 2011. I've requested that some of the tournaments be Knockout but I don't know if that will be possible since in the Private Tournaments set up Knockouts aren't one of the options.I've also requested that we have some weeks be $5.50 buyin as an experiment as I think there are some forum members who might like to play at $5.50 who won't at $11.It will be the same 2 weeks of NL Holdem , 1 week of Mixed Games rotation as in the past and I'll let everybody know the exact schedule once Bryan has confirmed things with me next week but the 9:00 PM ET on Wednesdays is the same.