At Some Point People Will Stop Being Morons

But since I still see a great many people of various "faiths", "beliefs" and "spiritual" persuasions invoking their particular boogey-men, shamans, absurd texts and rituals I don't think it will be any time soon. I know, I know, "oogy boogy, fuzzy feelings, haha I'm going to live forever riding golden dolphins with my magic sky peoples".I know.(No time soon.)

how soon is any time soon? fundamentalist religous belief of all kinds will be thoroughly marginalized within the next several generations in the USA. age demographics clearly indicate this is coming. it's just that a lot of old people and balloon sellers have to die first.

how soon is any time soon? fundamentalist religous belief of all kinds will be thoroughly marginalized within the next several generations in the USA. age demographics clearly indicate this is coming. it's just that a lot of old people and balloon sellers have to die first.
The problem is that even though it is being marginalized and their are increasing numbers of our youth choosing "undecided" or basically not interested or convinced, their will be some new religon that will pander to them and twist a theology to fit thier values in order to get money out of their pockets. Don't think I haven't thought of it. It's ready made get rich scheme to be had.

Lol. Religious beliefs have taken quite a blow in modern societies, this past centuary. I'm actually amazed at how fast it's declining for something that has been around for milliniums.

Lol. Religious beliefs have taken quite a blow in modern societies, this past centuary. I'm actually amazed at how fast it's declining for something that has been around for milliniums.
It shouldn't be surprising, the Bible predicted this would happen.
Does this mean you think we're in the end times?
As long a you dont tether yourslf to a specific date, you can claim that we are currently in the end times and all the horrors in the world are evidence of that.christwin
And yet the US still leads the world, along with Turkey, as having the highest percentage of its population who do not believe in evolution. Religion is still doing alot of damage, even though it is less than it was 200 years ago. Society would still greatly benefit by religion being erased, instead of its current state, which is being relegated to the old, the mentally deficient, and those that believe they can fly (without assistance).Too many people are still like Fox Mulder; they want to believe (so they do). Rationality is not nearly as fun.