How America Will Collapse (by 2025)

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the link, I found it an interesting read. Of course it's all gloom and doom speculation but the reality that the US is a declining power in relation to others is a fact that shouldn't be ignored.This is just one of the reasons.

Add to this clear evidence that the U.S. education system, that source of future scientists and innovators, has been falling behind its competitors. After leading the world for decades in 25- to 34-year-olds with university degrees, the country sank to 12th place in 2010. The World Economic Forum ranked the United States at a mediocre 52nd among 139 nations in the quality of its university math and science instruction in 2010. Nearly half of all graduate students in the sciences in the U.S. are now foreigners, most of whom will be heading home, not staying here as once would have happened. By 2025, in other words, the United States is likely to face a critical shortage of talented scientists.
If your population isn't smart and well educated you had better corner the market on some natural resources of some sort. Here in Canada our natural resources can help to make up for any relative decline in our innovation but we're only 33 million people.
. Here in Canada our natural resources can help to make up for any relative decline in our innovation but we're only 33 million people.
I didn't think there was that much demand for pelts anymore.
Thanks for the link, I found it an interesting read. Of course it's all gloom and doom speculation but the reality that the US is a declining power in relation to others is a fact that shouldn't be ignored.This is just one of the reasons.If your population isn't smart and well educated you had better corner the market on some natural resources of some sort. Here in Canada our natural resources can help to make up for any relative decline in our innovation but we're only 33 million people.
Yeh that was about the only thing I strongly agreed with in the whole thing.
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/china-debut...ory?id=12336108Is there any chance this results in more money for education?Probably not. :club:
I hope not, inflation-adjusted per-student spending has more than doubled since 1980 while test scores are flat. Throwing money at failed systems just creates more failure.
I hope not, inflation-adjusted per-student spending has more than doubled since 1980 while test scores are flat. Throwing money at failed systems just creates more failure.
I mean spending money the right way, not funneling it into the No Child Left Behind Act. Burning NCLB, teacher improvement programs, updating inner-city schools would be some better options.

Some say the world will end in fire,Some say in ice.From what I've tasted of desireI hold with those who favor fire.But if it had to perish twice,I think I know enough of hateTo say that for destruction iceIs also greatAnd would suffice.

Thanks for the link, I found it an interesting read. Of course it's all gloom and doom speculation but the reality that the US is a declining power in relation to others is a fact that shouldn't be ignored.This is just one of the reasons.If your population isn't smart and well educated you had better corner the market on some natural resources of some sort. Here in Canada our natural resources can help to make up for any relative decline in our innovation but we're only 33 million people.
I agree. That and the economics is getting fairly obvious. Though it's doom and gloom, it has a ring of truth to some of it.What we need is a good movie starring Matt Damon about this,
As the Chinese virus spreads uncontrollably through the F-6 satellite architecture, while those second-rate U.S. supercomputers fail to crack the malware's devilishly complex code, GPS signals crucial to the navigation of U.S. ships and aircraft worldwide are compromised. Carrier fleets begin steaming in circles in the mid-Pacific. Fighter squadrons are grounded. Reaper drones fly aimlessly toward the horizon, crashing when their fuel is exhausted. Suddenly, the United States loses what the U.S. Air Force has long called "the ultimate high ground": space. Within hours, the military power that had dominated the globe for nearly a century has been defeated in World War III without a single human casualty.
Only we lose. That will wake people's shit up. They'll be like, OMG! Even Matt Damon couldn't save us!
Thisthe system is broken and so are many of the homes. parents need to take charge of the children. how do you expect a kid to do well when he has two crack head parents and a teacher that doesn't give a damn...not sure of the solution but it needs to start at home with values.
not even a mention of zombies. heads up your asses people, heads up your asses.
Oh, so I can quote a Robert Frost poem, but if we don't talk about zombies, it's not worth your time, eh?
There is so much truth in this, but it goes against every bit of demagoguery spewed by the AFLCIO and Media that people can't accept it.
Thisthe system is broken and so are many of the homes. parents need to take charge of the children. how do you expect a kid to do well when he has two crack head parents and a teacher that doesn't give a damn...not sure of the solution but it needs to start at home with values.
So how are you going to give everyone the correct values?
how do you expect a kid to do well when he has two crack head parents and a teacher that doesn't give a damn
How do you seem to grasp this idea well but then in other threads keep saying "ANYONE CAN GET A JOB!"
Not for nothing but at first I could only see the top third or so of this image and I thought it was a snake until I scrolled down. Coincidence? I THINK NOT.
Must be the southern Baptist version, they hunted satan down, skinned him and used his hide for a Bible cover.Cause that's how they rollDSC01353.JPG
So how are you going to give everyone the correct values?
i wish i knew... not sure correct is the word, mine may not be the same as yours but i would guess many of the important ideas would be the same.
How do you seem to grasp this idea well but then in other threads keep saying "ANYONE CAN GET A JOB!"
if a bad poor paying job was a better option then staying home on welfare and government support you would see more urgency. the reason we have the crisis in the inner cities is because there are generations of people who have never needed fend for themselves...they collect the monthly check, sell drugs, have another kid to recieve more money etc and the next generation does the same or worse and repeat and repeat and here we are. it may be considered cold to say it but welfare has done more to harm the poor and keep them reliant on the government then anything else…it is a classic example of the cure being more deadly then the disease

I'd actually be okay with changing however many laws it'd take to make welfare conditional on drug testing. the idea's been floated here before by SB. there are lots of people who hate it but I've never seen the reasoning behind it.

Also conditional, fwiw, on shitloads of parenting classes, job training, etc. Conditional as all get-out. Literally, conditional until they can't stand it anymore, but absolutely there for when they need it -- I don't go with the conservative idea of banning it.On the one hand, I agree with the article that we are dangerously overextended on just about every level (debt, oil, militarily) and a serious shock to anything will bring the whole house of cards down.On the other hand, in 2000 we (well, some of us) were talking about paying off the national debt. Things can turn quickly. In 2000, back when we had the Trade Centers and international goodwill and a healthy economy, did we see today coming? Not even imaginable. So what we see coming ten years from now says more about where we are today than where we'll actually be then.

i wish i knew... not sure correct is the word, mine may not be the same as yours but i would guess many of the important ideas would be the same.
Well, while you're figuring it out and BG is peddling snake (skin) oil how about..developing a game plan which includes,1. Teaching kids "how" to learn.2. Teaching kids why it's "important" to learn.3. Developing a cheap national basic curriculum, (ridding schools of expensive books), in science, math, history and language skills (reading, writing, etc.)4. Use computer technology to invent new improved learning techniques5. Invest in the actual infrastructure of the schools.off the top of my head...