http://www.nytimes.com/2010/12/01/us/polit...ml?ref=politicsWASHINGTON — The Pentagon has concluded that allowing gay men and women to serve openly in the United States armed forces presents a low risk to the military’s effectiveness, even at a time of war, and that 70 percent of surveyed service members believe that the impact on their units would be positive, mixed or of no consequence at all.
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How ridiculous is it that you're not even allowed to be a tough-ass lesbian in the armed forces? I mean come on. Or I guess you're actually allowed to be it, but you're not allowed to say it. Or have anybody ever find out about it.

Clearly it was a study conducted by liberals, and therefore too biased to be considered legitimate.
yeah, bunch of liberals.The report, by Jeh C. Johnson, the Pentagon’s chief legal counsel, and Gen. Carter F. Ham, the commander of the United States Army in Europe, also found that much of the concern in the armed forces about openly gay service members was driven by misperceptions and stereotypes. Leaving aside those with moral and religious objections to homosexuality, the authors said the concerns were “exaggerated and not consistent with the reported experiences of many service members.” At a news conference on Tuesday announcing the release of the report, Defense Secretary Robert M. Gates said repeal “would not be the wrenching, traumatic change that many have feared and predicted.” He said it was a “matter of urgency” that the lame-duck Senate vote in the next weeks to repeal the law. If not, Mr. Gates predicted fights in the courts and the possibility that the repeal would be “imposed immediately by judicial fiat.”

This will also put a end to the problem the military has had where a person claims they are gay after getting the schooling/training they get so they can avoid paying back the 4-5 year commitment they signed up for.As Goldwater once said: You don't have to be straight, to shoot straight.And I'm sure the motivational speeches before battle will be laced with more references to American Idol and Sex in the City then ever before.

WASHINGTON — The Pentagon has concluded that allowing gay men and women to serve openly in the United States armed forces presents a low risk to the military’s effectiveness, even at a time of war, and that 70 percent of surveyed service members believe that the impact on their units would be positive, mixed or of no consequence at all.
haha
I cant imagine a more terrifying sight for the enemy, would be a battalion of pmsing lesbians overrunning their position.Especially if they are backed up by manly gays in full leather regalia.
Men..I don't want to lie to you....this hill will be hard to take, some of you may die. But the first 10 of you that make that ridge get free manicures and pedicures.
How ridiculous is it that you're not even allowed to be a tough-ass lesbian in the armed forces? I mean come on. Or I guess you're actually allowed to be it, but you're not allowed to say it. Or have anybody ever find out about it.
That is a solid point. Entry to the military should be based on toughness. Lesbians and tops should be allowed in.
Submarines are long, hard, and full of sea men.just sayin...
Technically most submariners are firemen.
[Edited to a working link] Republicans block don't ask don't tell repealShameful shit. After kissing Republican ass all week, Obama needs to strongly push back against this nonsense. By 'needs to' I mean he's an asshole if he doesn't. Obviously not even close to the level of assholery of the people who voted against the repeal, but still.According to the nytimes editorial,
The defense bill would also have raised pay for soldiers, improved their medical care and provided troops in Iraq and Afghanistan with additional equipment and support. It would be the first time in 48 years that Congress did not approve such a bill.
Fucking unconscionable cunts, Republicans are.
Fucking unconscionable cunts, Republicans are.
Ahh, but ass raping the american people in the form of the Health Care bill and Trillion Dollar defecits is clearly the better party to side with.Hey, I have an idea ... why don't we look beyond party lines and try to solve problems instead of casting stones back and forth. It's like a bunch of four year olds bickering over the last oreo in the bag. Fucking unconscionable cunts, Politicians are.
Fucking unconscionable cunts, Politicians are.
While I don't agree with the beginning of your post, I'll admit that you're right about the quoted part. I think that Democrats generally have less unreasonable beliefs and philosophies than Republicans do, which is why I would pick them if I absolutely have to choose one or the other. But the methods and/or lies used by each side are often similarly reproachable.

So you don't agree that the health bill was raping america? Okay I can live with that.You agree that Trillion dollar defecits are the way back to a healthy america? I got major problems with this, but I felt the same way when good ol Bush was defecit spending to finance a war we shouldn't have been in and bailing out companies. Basically I am a fiscal conservative and any defecit to me is bad news. I understand that sometimes you have to borrow money to get things going, but the way things have been going for the last 10 years is pretty rediculous.Also, don't you agree that we should start to look beyond party rhetoric and maybe look to solve problems, or was that a part that you also agreed with me.Not really looking to efight or anything just trying to get your position.I have stated before that I usually vote libertarian and I have an unhealthy thought that with enough talks we can actually solve things.

Also, don't you agree that we should start to look beyond party rhetoric and maybe look to solve problems, or was that a part that you also agreed with me.
That was something I agreed with. The part I quoted makes it clear that Republicans and Democrats are both getting it wrong, and like I said I agree with that.
And it passed and is awaiting Obama's sig. DADT is now a thing of the past.
Thank dog, now we can move on to things that matter.