Creation Museum

Gillard was brought up in the Baptist tradition, but is not religious. In a 2010 interview when asked if she believed in God, Gillard stated: "No I don't ... I'm not a religious person ... [i'm] a great respecter of religious beliefs but they're not my beliefs
If you have a point here, I'm missing it.
  • Replies 962
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I actually believe that, and it's one of the reasons that I've always been a very big fan of yours. You're sincere, and the rarity of sincerity never ceases to amaze me. More importantly, though: you

I looked up that passage and didn't see where it said "salvation is by good works." 14 What good is it, my brothers and sisters, if someone claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save t

I think it's more like, "Without faith, it doesn't matter what you do." Meaning you can't just be a good person to get into heaven.Regarding the first point, if you're standing in the middle of the r

Peter Hitchens from his book The Rage Against God

Hitchens concludes the chapter by writing "in all my experience in life, I have seldom seen a more powerful argument for the fallen nature of man, and his inability to achieve perfection, than those countries in which man sets himself up to replace God with the State"
Seems the brother of Christopher Hitchens was also an atheist, the book describes Hitchens's journey from the militant atheism of the far political left and bohemianism to Christianity, detailing the influences on him that led to his conversion. The book is also partly intended as a response to God Is Not Great, a book written by his brother Christopher in 2007. Peter Hitchens, with particular reference to events which occurred in the Soviet Union, argues that his brother's verdict on religion is misguided, and that faith in God is both a safeguard against the collapse of civilization into moral chaos and the best antidote to what he sees as the dangerous idea of earthly perfection through utopianism.

Oh, look, one guy has an opinion.I will say this: society on this planet currently is not ready to safely give up on religion. There are too many jackasses out there who need to be told what to do and fear magical consequences of their actions. For as crazy and dangerous as religion makes some people, they'd probably be crazy and dangerous regardless, and many other people do need the crutch that god can be. I'm not referring to people like brv and bg, they'd be fine people regardless, I'm sure.

Oh, look, one guy has an opinion.I will say this: society on this planet currently is not ready to safely give up on religion. There are too many jackasses out there who need to be told what to do and fear magical consequences of their actions. For as crazy and dangerous as religion makes some people, they'd probably be crazy and dangerous regardless, and many other people do need the crutch that god can be. I'm not referring to people like brv and bg, they'd be fine people regardless, I'm sure.
I agree with this completely. Except the first line, I can only give that like 80%I think I have a nagging fear that no matter how many good people we make, the bad one's numbers are growing too fast for us to ever hope to..I don't know, contain them maybe?Of course everyone should be judged by their own actions, not their titles etc. I've met a lot of good people who did not believe in God, and many Christians who make me ashamed.I honestly don't think we as a race have seen the worst atrocities by man yet, which is pretty sad.
  • 1 year later...

Being a good person isn't what causes you to get into heaven. Being a good person is like a by product of your faith. Think of it this way. You're driving a hydrogen car to heaven. The engine is christ, the fuel is faith. Good works is water. IF you put faith into the car, you're going to get to heaven, and it's going to jizz out good works as a by product of that faith fuel on the way to heaven. But, if you pour good works into the engine, all you're going to do is sit in Satan's Quik-e-Mart parkinglot waiting for AAA to tow you to hell. What I don't think you get about this whole thing, is faith is not an intellectual event. Thinking christ died for your sins isn't the same as having "Faith" that christ died for your sins. Accepting the idea that christ is your L&S is supposed to be a transformative spiritual, not intellectual, event. The act of accepting it, you bring "christ into yoru life" and the holy spirt and what not. So, from then on you have a "relationship with christ", you have capital F Faith, which is spiritual thing, and the by product of that faith is you're a kinder, nicer person, that you become more and more christ like. You won't be perfect, but you'll be better and better, and christ will forgive you of your sins, based on that relationship, that faith you now have in him. That's what people mean when they say they are "Born again".Or so the theory goes. I can't imagine what an unbearable ******* brv was before he had faith, if this is him post-christ's love in his heart.

Man, that was a good analogy. I really need to become a cynical televangelist

Why did you bump this thread? It's actually insane that you did. I read all 48 pages of this thread last night. To see it bumped today made me really weirded out.

• Like 1

I bumped it because you liked that post, you rube.

Oh ok. That makes sense. I don't get notifications, so I have no idea when people like my posts.