Creation Museum

To the brilliant person who pasted that together: could those people have things in common other than atheism?To myself: You broke your promise to never respond to the more inane posts by BG, which is why you don't respond to BG much these days.
Hey, he didn't include Hitler this time. Give him credit for improvement.
  • Replies 962
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I actually believe that, and it's one of the reasons that I've always been a very big fan of yours. You're sincere, and the rarity of sincerity never ceases to amaze me. More importantly, though: you

I looked up that passage and didn't see where it said "salvation is by good works." 14 What good is it, my brothers and sisters, if someone claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save t

I think it's more like, "Without faith, it doesn't matter what you do." Meaning you can't just be a good person to get into heaven.Regarding the first point, if you're standing in the middle of the r

Obviously he just misses the point that those guys aren't basing their politics on atheism, per say, but on trying to make themselves be considered god. I still consider that to be theistic.

'No true atheist' is a cop out.All those leaders hunted and killed religious people for being religious to wipe out religion from their country.All those leaders claimed humanistic goals as justification for their murder sprees.All those leaders are the natural result of atheist thought applied to government, as shown by the fact that that's the result that always comes about.Arguing that they aren't doing it right is just deflection from historic reality.

'No true atheist' is a cop out.
What do you mean? That's the issue...can a government based on atheism do well? If it's not really based on atheism, it's a moot point. "You shall not subscribe to any religion that does not worship me as being all-powerful" IS religion. Sorry, those guys were deists, just with themselves as the deity.
What do you mean? That's the issue...can a government based on atheism do well? If it's not really based on atheism, it's a moot point. "You shall not subscribe to any religion that does not worship me as being all-powerful" IS religion. Sorry, those guys were deists, just with themselves as the deity.
Baloney. You want to try to try to say those people aren't 'true atheist' is what the 'no true atheist' deflection is based on.You can argue all day long that real atheist are this way or that way, but the facts are every time an atheist is in charge, people die en masse.Many atheist worship themselves, why wouldn't they want to project that self focus outward anyway?
All those leaders are the natural result of atheist thought applied to government, as shown by the fact that that's the result that always comes about.
Or...not...?(Not that any of this has to do with whether atheism is true or not. I mean, to anyone but a complete dimwit, Christianity as an actual description of real events is obviously and laughably false. But I guess it could be a somewhat interesting tangent to describe whether governments are better off if they are based on feeding their people lies. Is that what this discussion is about?)
Or...not...?(Not that any of this has to do with whether atheism is true or not. I mean, to anyone but a complete dimwit, Christianity as an actual description of real events is obviously and laughably false. But I guess it could be a somewhat interesting tangent to describe whether governments are better off if they are based on feeding their people lies. Is that what this discussion is about?)
How many times does a scientist need to have the same results before they change their opinion and accept that these results are predictable?I guess more than 6 times and 500million peopleBut maybe you guys will be successful in concentrating your efforts to remove Christianity from the face of the earth....while ignoring the true threat to your freedom to be wrong
Baloney. You want to try to try to say those people aren't 'true atheist' is what the 'no true atheist' deflection is based on.
This makes no sense. If someone's policies aren't based on atheism, they can't be judged as such. I also would look at one of this country's pseudo-christian-just-for-elections politicians and say that everything they do is a reflection on christianity.
You can argue all day long that real atheist are this way or that way, but the facts are every time an atheist is in charge, people die en masse.
Do you really need us to prove that this is false? Do you REALLY think that every time an atheist has been in charge, people have died en masse? There's no way you're THAT misinformed and intellectually, uh, uncurious, if that's a word.
You can argue all day long that real atheist are this way or that way, but the facts are every time an atheist is in charge, people die en masse.
Really? Can you please provide actual instances of this. More than one please since you stated "every time". Thanks. I am not doubting you it's just that I can't really think of any and would be very interested in learning more about this.
it just looks weird to "me". because the period doesnt look attached to the sentence. it's just out there on its own, like a lonely dot.
Yeah, well, it doesn't make sense to me to have the punctuation inside the quotes when the interior of the quotes is not a full sentence on it's own.

The period outside the quotation marks is ridiculous.I don't like it when I'm asking a question about a quote and the quote in question isn't a question, but the rules of punctuation dictate the question mark stays inside? Man, I think I just confused myself.

Really? Can you please provide actual instances of this. More than one please since you stated "every time". Thanks. I am not doubting you it's just that I can't really think of any and would be very interested in learning more about this.
Communism as tried every time in every country has had one of its core tenants the removal of religion from their state, They espouse a consistent mantra that religion is wrong, that scientific evolution is correct, and all religion is to be wiped off the face of the planet.Hence the argument that all atheist societies have been murderous disasters.
This makes no sense. If someone's policies aren't based on atheism, they can't be judged as such. I also would look at one of this country's pseudo-christian-just-for-elections politicians and say that everything they do is a reflection on christianity.
? If a political system seeks to destroy all religion, how can that fall into any other column other than atheist. Hitler used evolution to justify his superior race. That was the foundation for their entire rise to power, and the underpinning of all their actions. Therefore I do not lump Nazis in with atheist because they were just Darwinian evolutionist, they are merely a subset of atheist.But again, your argument that 'their policies aren't based on atheism' falls short of the requirements of a debatable point, All the people in those pictures were atheist, all of them committed atrocities in line with the stated policy of all atheist movements to remove religion from society. Just because you disagree with their methods does not give you the right to claim they are not 'true atheist'
Do you really need us to prove that this is false? Do you REALLY think that every time an atheist has been in charge, people have died en masse? There's no way you're THAT misinformed and intellectually, uh, uncurious, if that's a word.
I should have clarified that every time an entire system of government takes over that is atheist, people die en masse. Of course individuals can be atheist, raised in a Judeo-Christian community, and be good leaders. Hypothetically of course, since I do not know of any avowed atheist who rose to the level of leadership, but I'm sure someone will link us to some country, founded by Christians, where an atheist won an election to try to prove this incorrect.
I don't like it when I'm asking a question about a quote and the quote in question isn't a question, but the rules of punctuation dictate the question mark stays inside? Man, I think I just confused myself.
RIGHT!?!?
?
You're reading my premise but ignoring my explanation, so I'll just be done here I guess. Which is fine.
Hypothetically of course, since I do not know of any avowed atheist who rose to the level of leadership, but I'm sure someone will link us to some country, founded by Christians, where an atheist won an election to try to prove this incorrect.
Julia Gillard

Of the top five least religious countries, three are also in the top five list of the world's happiest countries. In Sweden, less than 15% identify as believers. Why isn't that country on your wall of shame, BG?

Of the top five least religious countries, three are also in the top five list of the world's happiest countries. In Sweden, less than 15% identify as believers. Why isn't that country on your wall of shame, BG?
Sweden was a Christian nation, that slowly devolved into its current state.Crime rate has risen 61% at a steady rate since 1951
Julia Gillard
Gillard was brought up in the Baptist tradition, but is not religious. In a 2010 interview when asked if she believed in God, Gillard stated: "No I don't ... I'm not a religious person ... [i'm] a great respecter of religious beliefs but they're not my beliefs

But they reduced the crime level while remaining Christian, then the atheist came...and now the streets aren't safe.And apparently kept extremely good records of crime statistics on their papyrus during the 1400's.