Creation Museum

• Replies 962
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I actually believe that, and it's one of the reasons that I've always been a very big fan of yours. You're sincere, and the rarity of sincerity never ceases to amaze me. More importantly, though: you

I looked up that passage and didn't see where it said "salvation is by good works." 14 What good is it, my brothers and sisters, if someone claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save t

I think it's more like, "Without faith, it doesn't matter what you do." Meaning you can't just be a good person to get into heaven.Regarding the first point, if you're standing in the middle of the r

i was thinking about how jesus was the only way to salvation and a question occured to me: considering how tough the rules were before jesus came, did anyone who lived before jesus make it to heaven?
Yes. The Jews had to make a bunch of sacrifices throughout the year.
so the sacrifices were to atone for the sins committed? did it matter if they repented? or was it just about the sacrifices?
It was mainly about the sacrifices. But you have to remember, they didn't have a ton of leeway. I'm sure Randy would jump at the chance to show you 50 cases in which you were stoned to death before you had the chance to offer a sacrifice.
It was mainly about the sacrifices. But you have to remember, they didn't have a ton of leeway. I'm sure Randy would jump at the chance to show you 50 cases in which you were stoned to death before you had the chance to offer a sacrifice.
just seems a little unfortunate for them. i'd bet a lot of people who would have taken jesus into their heart are buring away down in hell because the rules were so damn tough to follow.
There are only 5 reasons you can stone a person in the OT.Disobedience to parentsBlasphemy ( which would include worshiping other gods, cursing God, saying falsehoods about God )Breaking the SabbathAdulteryPracticing sorceryYea the OT clarified that difficulty to cover your sins on your own efforts, making God's plan of sacrificing His Son for the sins of all the world more needed.
Disobedience to parentsBlasphemy ( which would include worshiping other gods, cursing God, saying falsehoods about God )Breaking the SabbathAdulteryPracticing sorcery
I'm sure some Hebrew parent told his children to break the sabbath, just to **** with them.
Is this a translation thing, or are you supposed to believe in witches that can perform dark magic?
Yes, but the magic of Yahweh is more bad-ass.
8 Now the LORD spoke to Moses and Aaron, saying, 9 “When Pharaoh speaks to you, saying, ‘Work a miracle,’ then you shall say to Aaron, ‘Take your staff and throw it down before Pharaoh, that it may become a serpent.’” 10 So Moses and Aaron came to Pharaoh, and thus they did just as the LORD had commanded; and Aaron threw his staff down before Pharaoh and his servants, and it became a serpent. 11 Then Pharaoh also called for the wise men and the sorcerers, and they also, the magicians of Egypt, did the same with their secret arts. 12 For each one threw down his staff and they turned into serpents. But Aaron’s staff swallowed up their staffs. 13 Yet Pharaoh’s heart was hardened, and he did not listen to them, as the LORD had said.
There are only 5 reasons you can stone a person in the OT.Disobedience to parentsBlasphemy ( which would include worshiping other gods, cursing God, saying falsehoods about God )Breaking the SabbathAdulteryPracticing sorcery
I like that murder isn't even on the list. Are you sure murder shouldn't be on the list? It's the 5th commandment, and adultery is the 6th. And wouldn't practicing sorcery fall under the heading of blasphemy already? I.E. worshiping false gods or worshiping nature or some such? Breaking the Sabbath is probably the silliest. "But my crops need to be watered!" DEATH.
I like that murder isn't even on the list. Are you sure murder shouldn't be on the list? It's the 5th commandment, and adultery is the 6th.
The penalty for murder is death, but the law allows latitude in the method. If you really like stoning, you could do that.
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3g6nxzl00qfzrgc.jpg
To the brilliant person who pasted that together: could those people have things in common other than atheism?To myself: You broke your promise to never respond to the more inane posts by BG, which is why you don't respond to BG much these days.