Creation Museum

He's saying that he will do all he can to convince them of his beliefs
I think this is not something parents should do. At all. A parent's job should be to teach their children how to find out what's true and what isn't. If brvheart does a good job of that, and if his beliefs correspond to the truth, then his children are likely to share them.
  • Replies 962
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I actually believe that, and it's one of the reasons that I've always been a very big fan of yours. You're sincere, and the rarity of sincerity never ceases to amaze me. More importantly, though: you

I looked up that passage and didn't see where it said "salvation is by good works." 14 What good is it, my brothers and sisters, if someone claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save t

I think it's more like, "Without faith, it doesn't matter what you do." Meaning you can't just be a good person to get into heaven.Regarding the first point, if you're standing in the middle of the r

Well, only that one trouble-making girl can claim that.What was that one TV show, or maybe it was a movie, where the dad would let his kids do whatever they want and would get mad if anyone tried to tell them they shouldn't do something? Anyone? Help me out here.
She is a trouble maker. She's pretty and spunky and she's going to be trouble in high school.Also, there is no way it's not Big Daddy. That's the movie where the kid stays up unutil like 2am and eats ketchup all day.By the way, my kids don't cower in fear, ever. Spankings are always proceeded with a long talk and immediately followed up with a long snuggle.

I'm just trying to figure out which part is the biggest punishment: the spanking, the long talk ("I'm not mad, I'm disappointed"), or the post-punishment snuggle. I think we just found a new poll question!

She is a trouble maker. She's pretty and spunky and she's going to be trouble in high school.
I almost just made the most inappropriate joke of all time. I think I only stopped myself because of the .0001% chance that someday someone I love might see it and never look at me the same way again.
By the way, my kids don't cower in fear, ever. Spankings are always proceeded with a long talk and immediately followed up with a long snuggle.
SUPER CREEPY!Is that really how spankings work? I thought parents just got really pissed, did the spanks while yelling about what the kid did wrong, then had the talk after.
12, 10, 8, 5.
7, 5, 4.
I almost just made the most inappropriate joke of all time. I think I only stopped myself because of the .0001% chance that someday someone I love might see it and never look at me the same way again.
Hi
man that sounds so damn creepy.
It's creepy to hang out with your kids?
I'm just trying to figure out which part is the biggest punishment: the spanking, the long talk ("I'm not mad, I'm disappointed"), or the post-punishment snuggle. I think we just found a new poll question!
My kids actually love me, so it's not a punishment to hang out.
pussy.
SUPER CREEPY!
Whatever, weird-o.
Is that really how spankings work? I thought parents just got really pissed, did the spanks while yelling about what the kid did wrong, then had the talk after.
I actually love my kids. I made my wife promise that we would never ever spank our kids angry. So if we're ever angry, they have to sit on their bed and wait for mom to calm down.
12, 10, 8, 5. I don't even know if he has 4 kids but that seems about right.
7, 5, 4.
25995921884759555941357.jpg
Correct. I think that it would be obvious that that person wasn't serious about following Christ. If you are following Christ you are going to change your lifestyle. I have had TWO different friends who gave their life to Christ only AFTER making a long decision to quit drinking. It wasn't because drinking was bad, but it was because they were alcoholic drunks and knew that they wouldn't be able to not get drunk if they continued to drink. They were "all-in" as it were, and were willing to quit drinking entirely in order to avoid the temptation to get drunk.The answer to the exclusion question is absolutely yes. It's Biblical that if your brother (in Christ) continues to live in sin that you shouldn't associate with him. This is because if you show him that you are complacent with him living in sin, then it will not only infect you and your family, but it will look very hypocritical to the outside world. We are supposed to hate sin, so how can we willingly ignore it? I can find verse on it, if you need me to.This is one of the main issues that "real" Christians have with other detonations, like Catholics or Episcopalians or whatever. Catholics have almost no issue with being drunk or with living with a girlfriend. I have witnessed a Catholic priest telling a guy that he should move in with his girlfriend so that he knows so sure that they were a match. And yet they are staunchly anti-birth control... WHICH ISN'T EVEN IN THE BIBLE. It's ridiculous. Most pastors I know will refuse to marry two "Christians" that are living together. My kids know that the only "curse" word that gives them a spank is saying "God" "oh my God" or "Jesus. Anything else is just a talk. (I don't think any of them have ever cussed). HOWEVER, the "taking God's name in vain thing" is OT and not repeated in the NT, therefore, I think you could make a case that it's not a sin. I however, am teaching my kids to be extremely respectful of God, since I think he deserves it.I'm trying to be patient with you SA, I really am... but we have been over this ad nauseam, and you are so hateful of religion in general, that it's really affecting your mental abilities in this area. The entire point of him saying that was to reinforce the impossibility of us saving ourselves. In the face of the impossible, the only option is turning to Christ.Again, Jesus didn't "change" any of the standards. God standards are exactly the same. The justification of our sins is what changed. We no longer have to know and understand all the rules perfectly. We just have to have a heart to follow Christ and we can let Him take care of all that stuff.
So, are they going to hell for this? If other faiths are doing it wrong is there any repurcussions?
So, are they going to hell for this? If other faiths are doing it wrong is there any repurcussions?
I definitely think it's possible for them to still be saved, however, it definitely calls lots of things into question. Like... do you read the Bible? Do you just ignore stuff you don't like? Why not just start a new religion, instead of using the "Christian" name, if you don't care what Jesus CHRIST actually said? Also, I have never said, and never implied, that committing a certain sin will send you to hell.
if you do it like that it is.
If you seriously think that, I immediately feel terrible for you.It's not your fault, SuitedAces21. It's not your fault.

don't fuck with me brvy. not you.[maybe i find it creepy because i'm reminded of a tv show where this serial rapist targeted old women and made them cuddle with him afterwords]{probably also has to do with how strongly i abhor spanking}<perhaps>

I definitely think it's possible for them to still be saved, however, it definitely calls lots of things into question. Like... do you read the Bible? Do you just ignore stuff you don't like? Why not just start a new religion, instead of using the "Christian" name, if you don't care what Jesus CHRIST actually said? Also, I have never said, and never implied, that committing a certain sin will send you to hell.
So, you hear that BG? Brv thinks you are doing it wrong and are going to hell.btw, I've always thought you had really cute kids.
So, you hear that BG? Brv thinks you are doing it wrong and are going to hell.btw, I've always thought you had really cute kids.
I'm not sure what you think BG believes, but he and I see eye-to-eye on almost everything related to the Bible.Thanks.
don't fuck with me brvy. not you.[maybe i find it creepy because i'm reminded of a tv show where this serial rapist targeted old women and made them cuddle with him afterwords]{probably also has to do with how strongly i abhor spanking}<perhaps>
Yeah, if you are comparing rape to spankings (in your head), you have a really skewed view of discipline.