Creation Museum

• Replies 962
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I actually believe that, and it's one of the reasons that I've always been a very big fan of yours. You're sincere, and the rarity of sincerity never ceases to amaze me. More importantly, though: you

I looked up that passage and didn't see where it said "salvation is by good works." 14 What good is it, my brothers and sisters, if someone claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save t

I think it's more like, "Without faith, it doesn't matter what you do." Meaning you can't just be a good person to get into heaven.Regarding the first point, if you're standing in the middle of the r

how can they do that if the most influential people in their lives dominate their young minds with the "truth" of god's existence, and furthermore, that your view of god is the only acceptable one?you must see that you're programming them to think as you want them too, and not for themselves.
Are you trying to make the claim that as an adult that I currently have no choice but to follow Jesus because my parents brainwashed me? Otherwise, I don't understand your point.
Are you trying to make the claim that as an adult that I currently have no choice but to follow Jesus because my parents brainwashed me? Otherwise, I don't understand your point.
are you saying that parents play no part in the religious beliefs of their children? otherwise i dont understand your point.
He's saying you very significantly influence the choices they make, that they aren't really "making up their own minds."
are you saying that parents play no part in the religious beliefs of their children? otherwise i dont understand your point.
He's saying that he will do all he can to convince them of his beliefs, but ultimately the decision to accept that is their own.Work with me, people.
Work with me, people.
he knew what i was saying, just as i know what he is saying. the only difference is i am correct. he knows that his kids are going to believe what he believes not becuase they "choose to" but becuase it is all they know and they dont want to make daddy mad. he already said he physically punishes them for not taking god seriously enough. i'm damn sure during those spankings they won't come to realize that dad will still love them if they deny god.
i'm damn sure during those spankings they won't come to realize that dad will still love them if they deny god.
hahahahahaha. You have no idea what you're talking about, but it's really funny for me to imagine what you think happens during any discipline session.Also, what a child thinks and how an adult lives are two totally different things.
hahahahahaha. You have no idea what you're talking about, but it's really funny for me to imagine what you think happens during any disciple session.
why dont you tell us what happens.
Also, what a child thinks and how an adult lives are two totally different things.
you know what else are two totally different things: cheeseburgers and airplanes.
why dont you tell us what happens.
Step 1: Grab unsuspecting child by the throat or ears.Step 2: Drag child into a random bedroom, preferably with the child screaming, "No daddy, not again... I'm so sorry!!! I won't do it again!"Step 3: Take off belt, make sure to grab the end and have the buckle exposed.Step 4: Whip kid until the crying stops.Step 5: Say "Amen." and leave the room.
Yes. However, the situation* you are referring to is very very rare in my church or any church I would attend. The people that go to my church actually care about sin.
I meant your friends who aren't like you. Say, me. You haven't decided to ignore me and my sin, and you also don't try to change me.
He wouldn't say that because of past discipline. However, if what you are specifically getting at is mentioning "God" in the context of a religious discussion, then no, they wouldn't be in trouble. But if in the religious discussion they were flippantly using the name "god" as a throwaway, like "oh my god", then I would be pretty disappointed. My kids know how important it is to respect the creator of the universe.
This is all very interesting to me. Our brains are running on such different wavelengths...I bet vb could tell us all about it.
I meant your friends who aren't like you. Say, me. You haven't decided to ignore me and my sin, and you also don't try to change me.
If you noticed BG's post and my post about BG's post, you would see that I'm only referring to people that are "brothers", that is, believers in Christ. If you don't claim Jesus as your savior, while publicly living in opposition to Jesus, then your behavior is of no concern of mine.
Step 1: Grab unsuspecting child by the throat or ears.Step 2: Drag child into a random bedroom, preferably with the child screaming, "No daddy, not again... I'm so sorry!!! I won't do it again!"Step 3: Take off belt, make sure to grab the end and have the buckle exposed.Step 4: Whip kid until the crying stops.Step 5: Say "Amen." and leave the room.
as if there arent people who actually do that.
as if there arent people who actually do that.
I would guess hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of kids have experienced that. It's what I imagined you thinking happened in my house.
I would guess hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of kids have experienced that. It's what I imagined you thinking happened in my house.
no i dont think you go that far. but if you do spank your children, i doubt what they take from it is that it's okay to go against what you beleive is right (jesus) and that they are to ultimately decide what it is they truly believe about the world.edit: i'm just scoffing at you thinking that your children will decide for themselves. for the most part, they will believe what you teach them to believe - but in this case, considering it is something so essential to who you are, something that you consider to be the most important thing in the world, the only thing that really matters, i can bet they listen pretty close when you talk about it.
no i dont think you go that far. but if you do spank your children, i doubt what they take from it is that it's okay to go against what you beleive is right (jesus) and that they are to ultimately decide what it is they truly believe about the world.edit: i'm just scoffing at you thinking that your children will decide for themselves. for the most part, they will believe what you teach them to believe - but in this case, considering it is something so essential to who you are, something that you consider to be the most important thing in the world, the only thing that really matters, i can bet they listen pretty close when you talk about it.
You could say the same thing about anything that any parents discipline their kids for. If Randy made his kid have a time-out for stealing a candy bar, that is Randy brainwashing his kid into thinking stealing is bad, when his kid might be an excellent thief. Who gets to decide morality for any kids, and why should they? Kids should make decisions for themselves on everything.When my kids are disciplined, it's not because of a deep theological issue that centers on Jesus. It's because they hit their sister.
When my kids are disciplined, it's not because of a deep theological issue that centers on Jesus. It's because they hit their sister.
but what about this:
My kids know that the only "curse" word that gives them a spank is saying "God" "oh my God" or "Jesus.
this is what i'm talking about. you say you spank your kids for this kind of talk. so they arent learning that they need to decide for themselves, they are learnign that they better love jesus or dad will spank me.
Who gets to decide morality for any kids, and why should they?
you say this as though saying "fuck you god," is the same kind of immorality (or even immoral at all) as stealing or punching someone. they are not the same thing. you arent teaching morality, you're teaching adherence to a worldview. morality requires rational thought and analysis of cirucmstances.
but what about this:this is what i'm talking about. you say you spank your kids for this kind of talk. so they arent learning that they need to decide for themselves, they are learnign that they better love jesus or dad will spank me.
Well, to be honest, I've only had to spank one of my five kids for that. And I only spanked her once. None of my other kids have ever said it, because they know that their father has chosen to not have that said in his house, and they are honoring my decision.
you say this as though saying "fuck you god," is the same kind of immorality (or even immoral at all) as stealing or punching smeone. they are not the same thing. you arent teaching morality, you're teaching adherence to a worldview. morality requires rational thought and analysis of cirucmstances.
Its exactly the same for me, because I base my morality on God's commands, not just arbitrarily chosen out of thin air.
Its exactly the same for me, because I base my morality on God's commands, not just arbitrarily chosen out of thin air.
but god's commands are arbitrary and were just chosen out of thin air. my morailty is based on the combined knowledge of all human existence.
You could say the same thing about anything that any parents discipline their kids for. If Randy made his kid have a time-out for stealing a candy bar, that is Randy brainwashing his kid into thinking stealing is bad, when his kid might be an excellent thief. Who gets to decide morality for any kids, and why should they? Kids should make decisions for themselves on everything.When my kids are disciplined, it's not because of a deep theological issue that centers on Jesus. It's because they hit their sister.
I agree with this point.
Right, because the only logical basis of morality is flaming shrubbery.
Well, to be honest, I've only had to spank one of my five kids for that. And I only spanked her once. None of my other kids have ever said it, because they know that their father has chosen to not have that said in his house, and they are honoring my decision.
Or they're afraid of being spanked again.
Or they're afraid of being spanked again.
Well, only that one trouble-making girl can claim that.What was that one TV show, or maybe it was a movie, where the dad would let his kids do whatever they want and would get mad if anyone tried to tell them they shouldn't do something? Anyone? Help me out here.
Well, only that one trouble-making girl can claim that.
Well, fine, remove the word "again" and it applies to all of them.
What was that one TV show, or maybe it was a movie, where the dad would let his kids do whatever they want and would get mad if anyone tried to tell them they shouldn't do something? Anyone? Help me out here.
Big Daddy?
Big Daddy?
Except for PDL, I try not to reference Adam Sandler movies. I liked Funny People, but I don't remember anything in particular about it that I would reference. Happy Gilmore is alright. The Wedding Singer. Spanglish wasn't awful I guess. Listen, it wasn't Big Daddy, ok?