I Think I Got Bitten By A Spider Or Something.

On my left wrist there is what appears to be some sort of bug bite. This morning it was just a little itchy and much like a small mosquito bite. By the afternoon it was still a small bump, but surrounded by a red area about the size of a quarter. The redness is gone and there isn't any swelling, but my entire forearm, especially my wrist is increasingly sore. I cant make a fist and bend my wrist forward more than a fraction of normal movement.It isn't warm and I took a Benadryl. Am I gonna die?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm gonna go taunt my Pitbull. Maybe she'll rip it off for me.Or pee on it.
pee on your pitbull, that should take care of it
Do people really not call a doctor when something like this is happening?
I am a bit Doctor Phobic. My elbow is feeling a little stiff. If this persists into tomorrow I may have to see a Doctor. I really have a high pain threshold but this actually hurts more than a little.
I am a bit Doctor Phobic. My elbow is feeling a little stiff. If this persists into tomorrow I may have to see a Doctor. I really have a high pain threshold but this actually hurts more than a little.
I think you should call one now, but I'm just a lowly animal doctor student. But I'm guessing that it's pretty bad to allow ascending pain and stiffness to reach, you know, the area of your body that houses your heart.Edit: Oh, now I see you already thought of the whole heart thing.

When you got that spider bite on your handI thought we would have to break up the bandTo lose your arm would surely upset your brainThe poison then could reach your heart from a veinI was glad that it didn’t destroy youHow sad that would beCause if it destroyed youIt would destroy me

When you got that spider bite on your handI thought we would have to break up the bandTo lose your arm would surely upset your brainThe poison then could reach your heart from a veinI was glad that it didn’t destroy youHow sad that would beCause if it destroyed youIt would destroy me
Is that Kanye West?
Yeah. I went thru the whole self-diagnosis thing and concluded that I was going to die. This morning the bite has improved significantly. Pain is much more tolerable and the affected area has shrunk by about 70% Redness and swelling going away too.
Yeah. I went thru the whole self-diagnosis thing and concluded that I was going to die. This morning the bite has improved significantly. Pain is much more tolerable and the affected area has shrunk by about 70% Redness and swelling going away too.
I know you're afraid of doctors, but just so everyone is clear (in case there are any kiddies reading), you understand that it was pretty fucking stupid not to seek a real medical opinion, right?
I know you're afraid of doctors, but just so everyone is clear (in case there are any kiddies reading), you understand that it was pretty fucking stupid not to seek a real medical opinion, right?
Oh absolutely. Don't try this at home kids: I'm a trained professional in a field that has nothing to do with Medical Science.
Oh absolutely. Don't try this at home kids: I'm a trained professional in a field that has nothing to do with Medical Science.
After reading this thread yesterday, I was actually relieved/surprised just now when I saw your name as the most recent poster in this thread, as I sort of assumed that you'd be in the hospital today.I probably avoid the doctor as much as anyone, but this is a situation where I almost certainly would have been seeking medical attention.
I sort of assumed that you'd be in the hospital today...
Me too.In the middle of the night I woke up with mild heartburn resulting from a tasty but spicy dinner experiment. Of course I was certain I was having a heart attack from bacterial plaque build up on my heart valves resulting from the subcutaneous infection.A little knowledge can be dangerous.So I drank a glass of water and went back to bed.

hey speedz, I just want to point out how horribly wrong you are here: the only poisonous spiders in the u.s. are the black widow and the brown recluse, and there is very little that a doctor can do to treat the bite from either one, save for some pain pills, so you might as well stay at home and tough it out, you know, like a man. FUCKING DUMBASS.