my buddy was playing the USA COOP the other night. $320 buyin 20mins levels 10k starting stack. My buddy played it at my house. his ABI is about $6. he rarely plays anymore and an interesting hand came up in this tournament against NNB.i dont have the HH, but if i recall correctly, my boy was in the sb with AKs. He had about 19-21bbs, and NNB opened from EP. My boy shipped pre, and NNB tank called with A10o. I assume any mtt player will agree that this is never a solid call. (ill try to find the exact HH) The actual hand itself is irrelevant. I didnt grind tuesday night, i decided to drink with some friends and let my buddies play at my house. I had posted on twitter, " @nonotbaxter might have made the worst call ever with A10o in the usa coop...gl sir"I apologize if this is in bad taste, i honestly didnt think it was that big of a deal. I came home wednesday night to this:NNB:yoNNB: wanna crossbook?NNB: or we can do most plbsNNB: idcNNB: well if you want maybe you can tweet about itNNB: ya and maybe u should check pokerstoveNNB before u are extremely unclassy and talk shit about someones game on twitterNNB: never liked youNNB: just wanna take ur $NNB: so lets put some $ upNNB: and gable on somethingme: hahahhhahahaha you serious?NNB: about what?me: all the shit you just talked?NNB: ya of courseme: damn bull you are way too serious about one hand. haha thats awesomeNNB: lol its not the hand, its the fact u would post something like that on twitter obviouslyme: on MY twitter, mentioning youme: ill take the under on 4 people seeing that postme: you way too hype cuz. that was my boy with the AK..his abi is like $6..i wasnt trying to disrespect you haha but plain and simple the A10 is beyond a terrible callme: i cant believe you really took it to heart like thatNNB: i just think its stupid to say shit like that on twitter w/eme: okay, fold next timeI just cant even begin to explain his thought process. I am amused at his response to a simple hand, and a simple jab at his play. grow up, bc its not that big of a deal. Im curious if i am way out of line here. Please tell me your 2cents on the situation.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My thoughts are that the only possible reason to post this is to take a bet of some sort.
im cool with that. my numbers compared to his this year embarass him. id be more than willing to crossbook him
if you talk bad on someones game they're obv gonna be offended and you'll have to back it up
It shouldn't matter what other people think of you (general you), but for some reason it always does.
My thoughts are that the only possible reason to post this is to take a bet of some sort.
yeah so what's the bet?

I think you guys should both stake me in the Sunday Majors, one of you on Stars and the other on FTP.Whichever site I do better on will determine the winner.In all seriousness though, maybe it was obvious to you that you were kidding around and giving NNB a little jab since it was your friend in the hand with him. However, it's hard to read tone through the interwebs, and NNB took it the wrong way. That's why you should've ended the sentence with "lol". This lets the reader(s) know you're only joking.There's a huge difference between:You fucking piece of shit! I hope you fucking die and go to hell. Then the fucking devil can shit down your throat for all eternity while making you give birth to an excited porcupine out of your dick hole.andYou fucking piece of shit! I hope you fucking die and go to hell. Then the fucking devil can shit down your throat for all eternity while making you give birth to an excited porcupine out of your dick hole. lol

honestly, the post here, esp with the copy/pasted convo is highly inappropriate. I can't comment on the underlying tweet and response itself, because IIRC you guys both do this for a semi-living. I know this would be a non-issue for me...but if someone did a 'tweet equivalent' of calling me shitty at my job, I'd also probably have words too.It's not like he "tweet responded" though (don't have twitter, not sure how it works). He privately showed his displeasure. I have no problem with your response of keeping a strong bravado, but also trying to explain that you meant no ill will by it. Posting it publicly here though is in poor form.

I think you guys should both stake me in the Sunday Majors, one of you on Stars and the other on FTP.Whichever site I do better on will determine the winner.In all seriousness though, maybe it was obvious to you that you were kidding around and giving NNB a little jab since it was your friend in the hand with him. However, it's hard to read tone through the interwebs, and NNB took it the wrong way. That's why you should've ended the sentence with "lol". This lets the reader(s) know you're only joking.There's a huge difference between:You fucking piece of shit! I hope you fucking die and go to hell. Then the fucking devil can shit down your throat for all eternity while making you give birth to an excited porcupine out of your dick hole.andYou fucking piece of shit! I hope you fucking die and go to hell. Then the fucking devil can shit down your throat for all eternity while making you give birth to an excited porcupine out of your dick hole. lol
Agreed 100%
Im curious if i am way out of line here. Please tell me your 2cents on the situation.
You're out of line here. I'm not going to waste my time saying why because it is obvious.
im cool with that. my numbers compared to his this year embarass him. id be more than willing to crossbook him
you'd think with those amazing numbers you could pay back the $9k you owe people.

You're definitely in the wrong for making that comment on twitter. At the same time, NNB has said some douchey things in the past as well, but that doesn't make you right. You were out of line.

If you had left it on Twitter and then the private message thing I think that would have been ok. The mistake was to bring it to a public forum. Whether it was meant in jest or not it seems that NNB didn't like it and unless this is some angle the whole thing should have been left on twitter.

I still can't believe you passed up a 320 sick structure tourney w like 400k overlay to drink with your friends apparently @ your house on a Tuesday while your friend who had an avg buyin of $6 radomly decided to play it at your house and buyin to a tourney 54x the size of his regular game.

I still can't believe you passed up a 320 sick structure tourney w like 400k overlay to drink with your friends apparently @ your house on a Tuesday while your friend who had an avg buyin of $6 radomly decided to play it at your house and buyin to a tourney 54x the size of his regular game.
I think is pretty gross that you are trying to insinuate that he multi accounted with very little proof I doubt he would be dumb enough to multi account and than post about it.Plus I do think NNb over reacted to a jab about a bad call. you where also 100% correct in posting it on FCP for two reasons one is FCp needs some fuel to the fire, two is you did the right thing by warning unsuspecting innocent twitter posters, never to twitter about NNB bad calls in the future. Thaks for that lol.
I think is pretty gross that you are trying to insinuate that he multi accounted with very little proof I doubt he would be dumb enough to multi account and than post about it.Plus I do think NNb over reacted to a jab about a bad call. you where also 100% correct in posting it on FCP for two reasons one is FCp needs some fuel to the fire, two is you did the right thing by warning unsuspecting innocent twitter posters, never to twitter about NNB bad calls in the future. Thaks for that lol.
I don't think I've ever disagreed more with so few words...