Poker Stars Napt La Bounty Shootout

Daniel will be starting in the second flight and I'll post the starting tables below.The tournament sold out with 81 players having spots.So how does this work? The shootout has a $5,000 buy-in. $4,000 goes into the main prize pool and each player carries a $1,000 bounty on their head. Knock out a player, win $1,000. Five nine-handed tables comprise Flight A, which will begin at 11:00 am and the remaining four will start at 6:00 pm. Today, each first-round table will play down to a winner, who pockets $20,000. Then, the nine Round 1 winners will come back on Thursday to play out the final table where it's winner-take-all for the $134,280 balance of the prize pool. Additionally, PokerStars has added a seat to the PCA Bounty Shootout for the player who collects the most bounties in this tournament. Daniel will provide updates via Twitter and the Poker Stars Blog will also be providing updates. This is being filmed for TV but to my knowledge there isn't any live streaming online.http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/daniel-negreanu/twitter.phphttp://www.pokerstarsblog.com/Daniel's Twitter Updates16 November 2010, 9:52 pmRealKidPoker: I've had AA KK QQ AJ KQ in the first 20 hands of the tournament. Up a little to 29k from 25k start.16 November 2010, 10:02 pmRealKidPoker: Just got AA again and lost to KQ. Pretty sick rush of cards but way too early. Still 9 players left blinds going up in napt bounty shootout16 November 2010, 11:19 pmRealKidPoker: Thru lvl 3 we haven't lost any players! Laak has all the chips at my table. I have 24,825 started with 25k.17 November 2010, 12:00 amRealKidPoker: We finally lost our first player. Barry Greenstien out in 9th with AQ vs Brett Richey's AK. Napt Bounty Shootout.

Here's a look at the Round 1 table draw: FLIGHT A (11:00 am start time)Table 1Seat 1: Sam SteinSeat 2: Scott MontgomerySeat 3: Pat WalshSeat 4: Andy FrankenbergerSeat 5: Greg MuellerSeat 6: Justin YoungSeat 7: Scott ClementsSeat 8: Eric FroehlichSeat 9: William ReynoldsTable 2Seat 1: Sorel MizziSeat 2: McLean KarrSeat 3: Clint CoffeeSeat 4: Bertrand "ElkY" GrospellierSeat 5: Marcello Del GrossoSeat 6: Andy SethSeat 7: Olivier BusquetSeat 8: Faraz JakaSeat 9: Justin BonomoTable 3Seat 1: Jennifer TillySeat 2: Scott SeiverSeat 3: Greg DeBoraSeat 4: Ronnie BardahSeat 5: Dan ShakSeat 6: Annette ObrestadSeat 7: Andrew RoblSeat 8: Tom MarcheseSeat 9: Vanessa RoussoTable 4Seat 1: Michael MizrachiSeat 2: Chance KornuthSeat 3: Shannon ShorrSeat 4: Jason SentiSeat 5: Aaron GustavsonSeat 6: Tyson MarksSeat 7: Jonathan AguiarSeat 8: Lauren KlingSeat 9: Vanessa Selbst Table 5Seat 1: Jason AlexanderSeat 2: David BakerSeat 3: Eric BaldwinSeat 4: Tom KoralSeat 5: Antonio EsfandiariSeat 6: Matt WoodwardSeat 7: Aaron JonesSeat 8: Ali EslamiSeat 9: Chad BrownFLIGHT B (6:00 pm start time)Table 1Seat 1: Joseph CheongSeat 2: Matt KeikoanSeat 3: Michael BingerSeat 4: Jared JaffeeSeat 5: Adam JunglenSeat 6: Nacho BarberoSeat 7: David WilliamsSeat 8: Isaac HaxtonSeat 9: Frank KasselaTable 2Seat 1: Bob LauriaSeat 2: Daniel NegreanuSeat 3: Barry GreensteinSeat 4: Phil LaakSeat 5: Alex KeatingSeat 6: Brett RicheySeat 7: Pat PezzinSeat 8: Darus SuhartoSeat 9: Tim BegleyTable 3Seat 1: Aurel BogdanSeat 2: Todd TerrySeat 3: Dan SuiedSeat 4: Victor RamdinSeat 5: Hasan HabibSeat 6: Michael PesekSeat 7: Dan WoodwardSeat 8: Chad BatistaSeat 9: Moshin CharaniaTable 4Seat 1: Jonathan LittleSeat 2: Nick BingerSeat 3: Ben LambSeat 4: Shaun DeebSeat 5: Jean-Robert BellandeSeat 6: Chris MoneymakerSeat 7: Phil HellmuthSeat 8: Liv BoereeSeat 9: Kevin MacPhee

what was the purpose of capping this event?
It's really a made for TV event and they probably only want to have it be over 2 days. 9 tables by 9 players just works perfectly for them getting it done over 2 days I guess.
So what's up with nonotbaxter being shut out of this event. seems pretty scummy
I don't know all the details but I think they had reserved seats and then a waiting list for the others spots. I would guess the reserved seats would be for Team Poker Stars players and big names like Laak and Hellmuth who aren't sponsored by Stars.Sucks for guys who didn't get in but with only 81 spots a lot of players who would like to play wouldn't be able to register.Now I have no idea how they handled the waiting list.

5:15pm: Flight A complete, Flight B to commence at 7 p.m.With the completion of Flight A, five of the nine final table spots have been filled. Michael Mizrachi, Justin Young, Tom Marchese, Eric Baldwin and Clint Coffee have all secured seats and earned $20,000 for winning their first-round tables. In about ninety minutes' time, Flight B will take off with four more nine-handed tables in play. Stick around, we'll be here all night! For the results thus far, head over to the NAPT Los Angeles Bounty Shootout Round 1 results page.

Daniel was knocked out by Phil Laak and Pat Pezzin won their table.Here's all the results from the first round.NAPT Los Angeles Bounty Shootout: Round 1 ResultsRound 1 of the NAPT Los Angeles Bounty Shootout is complete. The final table will commence at 1:00 pm PST on Thursday, November 19. FLIGHT A Table 1: JUSTIN YOUNG, $23,000 ($20,000 + 3 bounties)Table 2: CLINT COFFEE, $22,000 ($20,000+ 2 bounties)Table 3: TOM MARCHESE, $24,000 ($20,000+ 4 bounties)Table 4: MICHAEL MIZRACHI, $24,000 ($20,000+4 bounties)Table 5: ERIC BALDWIN, $22,000 ($20,000+ 2 bounties)FLIGHT B Table 1: DAVID WILLIAMS, $22,000 ($20,000 + 2 bounties)Table 2: PAT PEZZIN, $22,000 ($20,000 + 2 bounties)Table 3: MOSHIN CHARANIA, $24,000 ($20,000 + 4 bounties)Table 4: KEVIN MACPHEE, $23,000 ($20,000 + 3 bounties)