Zakuraz Tournaments Thread

After being severely shortstacked im back in the 12/180, woot!feral_cow_icon.gifConverted by a herd of feral cowsPokerStars No-Limit Hold'em ($11+$1) t1500/t3000 ante t300 - 9 playersUTG McCarnuts84: t11,055 UTG+1 Hero: t10,178 MP greybeard36: t23,549 MP2 ZYX 55: t48,232 HJ cbmezz: t16,154 CO ROCKHENRY: t21,430 Button Blair1337: t14,678 SB twelver1232: t29,771 BB fernythrills: t94,953 Preflop: (t7,200) Hero is UTG+1 with Kd.gifJd.gif (9 players)McCarnuts84 folds, Hero raises to t9878 and is all-in, 6 folds, fernythrills calls t6878Flop: (t23,956) Kh.gifAh.gif8c.gif (2 players)Turn: (t23,956) 3d.gif (2 players)River: (t23,956) 3h.gif (2 players)
standard shove but if you didnt just lose a big pot i would say you probably waited too long to ship it in pre
  • Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sigh..... open shoved with 55 and ran into AA, just my luck 6 handed. Out in 11th.
what was your stack size. sounds like a cooler. it happens. dont let this make you think shoving your face off short isnt correct.
what was your stack size. sounds like a cooler. it happens. dont let this make you think shoving your face off short isnt correct.
I had about 15 BBs if I remember correctly. I was immensely frustrated. There were a couple guys at the table that raised basically every hand. One guy would raise a good 7-8 BBs everytime which pissed me off. I finally took a stand and shoved UTG with 55 to pick up the blinds and villain #1 picks up AA, so sad.Last night's tournament brought me to the realization that I'm an extremely weak player in late play - which is pretty much the worst case scenario imo. I played smallball the whole tourney, usually 2x or 3x raises pre and playing well post. That's the way I got through the whole 860 person field. Then, with about 40 players left, I get put on a table with thebirdman84. He's a great player and he played hyper aggressive at my table. Everytime I raised 2/3x, he would reraise to 5/6x or even more. I don't like the thought of basically committing my stack should I choose to call the raise preflop, so I end up folding. This musta happened to me 5 or 6 times by him and a couple other people. So basically I folded way more hands and had a shove/fold mentality. That's when I ran my 55 into AA.So my question is this. How do I adjust to players who always reraise my 2/3x preflop raise? Assuming villain's range is very wide, do I just reshove allin pre and hope I don't run into AA again? Do I start making 5/6x raises pre instead of 2/3x? Basically what was happening to me is I would get it in good with like AK vs AQ all in preflop and double up to a good stack. Then I would start leaking chips because I was constantly getting reshoved preflop. I NEED to get this fixed if I want to make steady deep runs and be able to control my stack in late play. I KNOW I need to play more aggressive. It's just tough for me when I'm so close to the big money to just risk it all on one hand with a big raise preflop. But I know that's probably what I have to do...Thoughts would be appreciated!
fold pre
Do I really? I find people shove late game turbos with just about any two cards. I figured often I would be up against marginal hands at best. I ended up being up against a lower pair and an ace rag, which gave me very good odds. Do you really fold 99 preflop late in a turbo when blinds are gigantic, even if a couple other people shove?
Perhaps you may want to avoid the all day rail thread then because tbh, nobody cares.
Great advice. I'll be sure to incorporate that into my game next time. Thanks man.
Perhaps I can be of some assistance. First, it is ok to post some of the HH (Hand History) that you posted here, but as far as posting what position you are in, it is really unnecessary. The only time this is OK to do this is when you are at a final table of some big tourney. Since you are new here, it is going to have to be a FT (Final Table) of a really big tourney to start a thread and get some rail birds. Now, on Sundays there is a thread in the General section where you can post your position/stack size of some of the bigger Sunday tourneys (i.e. 1/4 Mill, Sunday Millions, etc.) but that is about the only time that you want to post your position, unless someone else starts a thread and is doing stakes or trying to get a group of people to play in 1 particular tourney. Here, just post strat hands.
Do I really? I find people shove late game turbos with just about any two cards. I figured often I would be up against marginal hands at best. I ended up being up against a lower pair and an ace rag, which gave me very good odds. Do you really fold 99 preflop late in a turbo when blinds are gigantic, even if a couple other people shove?
On the 99 hand, the reason he told you to fold pre is because you have ~22BBs. You are facing 2 shoves, and 1 shove is your whole stack. You are no where near late game here with the blinds being 250/500. 1500/3000 you are late game (Depending on the tourney. Even this level may not be considered late game). Yes, you got lucky here, but long term this is a huge gamble (Take it from me. I know all about taking this kind of gamble. I have posted similar hands several times around here). Now, if you are under 10BBs, then you have a somewhat valid argument, but really 5bb or under would be an unavoidable shove here. You only knew about your "very good odds" after the fact. Use Poker Stove to get a better idea of more realistic odds you were up against. Unless you knew both of these players were complete spewtards would this be considered a marginal gamble. I am still learning myself, so I could be off a little, but not much.
Uh, don't fold the 99 pre. What are you guys talking about?
You are so confusing. Hard to tell a lot of times if you are being sarcastic or serious. Here is the hand he posted. Can you explain why you would not fold here??
Tripled up after I bluffed off some chips stupidly.feral_cow_icon.gifbeware the feral cow packs. they hunger.PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em ($5.00+$0.50) t250/t500 ante t60 - 9 playersMP2 crackhAAd: t20,359 HJ lazer66: t3,966 CO SrgLalonde: t31,190 Button cayred3: t18,143 SB sambrosie: t9,145 BB Hero: t12,300 UTG NutCrackerAA: t14,852 UTG+1 zabal7: t30,371 MP BiONdAsh: t19,853 Preflop: (t1,290) Hero is BB with 9d.gif9h.gif (9 players)4 folds, lazer66 raises to t3906 and is all-in, SrgLalonde folds, cayred3 raises to t18083 and is all-in, sambrosie folds, Hero calls t11740 and is all-inFlop: (t29,176) Ts.gif2c.gif5d.gif (3 players)Turn: (t29,176) Qh.gif (3 players)River: (t29,176) 5s.gif (3 players)
You are so confusing. Hard to tell a lot of times if you are being sarcastic or serious. Here is the hand he posted. Can you explain why you would not fold here??
Villain 1 has less than 10 BBs and it has been folded to him in the HJ. He shove with just about any 2 cards, probably an Ace with any kicker. The button shoves over the top, usually meaning he is protecting a marginal hand. He doesn't want any more callers. This can usually mean he has a low pair or perhaps overcards. Usually nothing that beats 99, and often times a hand that is crushed by 99.Even if HJ has me beat, I will still gain chips if I can beat the button. And at this point, it is late game in the tourney. A double up or even triple up will setup nicely for the final table.
Villain 1 has less than 10 BBs and it has been folded to him in the HJ. He shove with just about any 2 cards, probably an Ace with any kicker. The button shoves over the top, usually meaning he is protecting a marginal hand. He doesn't want any more callers. This can usually mean he has a low pair or perhaps overcards. Usually nothing that beats 99, and often times a hand that is crushed by 99.Even if HJ has me beat, I will still gain chips if I can beat the button. And at this point, it is late game in the tourney. A double up or even triple up will setup nicely for the final table.
I meant for Tehtoe to explain, but thanks for your thoughts. I see your point about Button trying to make an ISO shove basically, but is he doing this with ATC?? How many people were left and what was the tourney?? 250/500 is late game if you were in a 90 man SNG, but here with ~22BBs, you could probably find a better spot to get it in. Just my thoughts.
lol, a guy is jamming 8 bbs from the HJ and the button is isoing. He's prob doing this with like 66+, A9o+, A7s+, KTs+, KJo+, QJs. That's if he's fairly competent (which most people in a $5 turbo are not!) I don't know how to do the crazy sidepot math (Sparco?) but you fare excellently against his iso range. lol @ you can find a better spot, terribleeeee logic.These ranges are on the tighter side, but you get the idea.Text results appended to pokerstove.txt 68,185,416,222 games 95.474 secs 714,177,851 games/secBoard: Dead: equity win tie pots won pots tied Hand 0: 37.884% 37.48% 00.41% 25552884216 278910796.33 { 99 }Hand 1: 26.969% 26.09% 00.88% 17787746294 601770722.83 { 22+, A2s+, K8s+, Q8s+, J8s+, T9s, 98s, A5o+, KTo+, QTo+, JTo }Hand 2: 35.147% 34.17% 00.98% 23299440786 666034160.83 { 66+, A7s+, KTs+, QJs, A9o+, KJo+ }
lol, a guy is jamming 8 bbs from the HJ and the button is isoing. He's prob doing this with like 66+, A9o+, A7s+, KTs+, KJo+, QJs. That's if he's fairly competent (which most people in a $5 turbo are not!) I don't know how to do the crazy sidepot math (Sparco?) but you fare excellently against his iso range. lol @ you can find a better spot, terribleeeee logic.These ranges are on the tighter side, but you get the idea.Text results appended to pokerstove.txt 68,185,416,222 games 95.474 secs 714,177,851 games/secBoard: Dead: equity win tie pots won pots tied Hand 0: 37.884% 37.48% 00.41% 25552884216 278910796.33 { 99 }Hand 1: 26.969% 26.09% 00.88% 17787746294 601770722.83 { 22+, A2s+, K8s+, Q8s+, J8s+, T9s, 98s, A5o+, KTo+, QTo+, JTo }Hand 2: 35.147% 34.17% 00.98% 23299440786 666034160.83 { 66+, A7s+, KTs+, QJs, A9o+, KJo+ }
Thank you for the explanation!! I am running things through stove now and I was using about 40% range (little wider than yours) and coming up with about 27/28/43 so this was correct. I am confused because I have been yelled at before for calling off my stack in similar situations, but I guess the difference is both of these are doing this from a late position, not early. Thanks again for the explanations of why. Sorry for my wrong thought process, but at least it got the wheels turning in here :club:
In the similar situation you had 22....
Damn, you are not going to let me forget that hand are you!! :club: I thought I got yelled at for another hand similar too. IDK. I get yelled at all the time, it is hard to keep up. Anyway, this thread is not about me. Carry on FaTa10ne, Good Luck, and glad that there is another person here to discuss hands with!!
hows it going tonight?
I'm actually playing the Negreanu Open right now. Not doing too well. Thanks for asking though.

Sigh... out in 6th, picked up AJ in SB, just called, hyperaggro BB shoves, I call.feral_cow_icon.gifMilked from the teat of a feral cowPokerStars No-Limit Hold'em ($5.00+$0.50) t3000/t6000 ante t600 - 6 playersCO: t227,240 Button: t90,615 SB: t102,163 (Hero)BB: t210,492 UTG: t298,691 UTG+1: t258,799 Preflop: (t12,600) Hero is SB with Ac.gifJd.gif (6 players)4 folds, Hero calls t3000, BB raises to t209892 and is all-in, Hero calls t95563 and is all-inFlop: (t206,726) Ts.gif7d.gifAd.gif (2 players)Turn: (t206,726) Kh.gif (2 players)River: (t206,726) Kc.gif (2 players)Hero showed Ac.gifJd.gif, and lost with two pair, Aces and KingsBB showed Th.gifKs.gif, and won (206726) with a full house, Kings full of TensBB won t206726

Still good for $250 which is a solid cash for my level, just over $1k for first. It's terribly annoying to call down a hyper aggressive player and get sucked out on though, so frustrating.

One observation I will make though: I do much better just 1-2 tabling instead of trying to 4-5 table. When I try more tables, I'm almost always focusing on just my two cards. When I just have 1 table going, I'm able to get some reads and establish a feel for the range of hands my opponents are raising with. I think that is a big part of why I was able to get 2 deep runs the last 2 nights.