Ok...? I don't see what that has to do with anything...
The story you linked had this:
Not a chance. “I probably won’t even vote for the guy,” Bush told the group, according to two people present.“I had to endorse him. But I’d have endorsed Obama if they’d asked me.”
And Bush was talking about how he wouldn't comment on this stuff because its not what he would do, but he knows people have made claims that he said things about Palin etc and they are not true.Seems to be much more likely that these 'sources' are not reliable than Bush 'would have supported Obama'.
  • Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The story you linked had this:And Bush was talking about how he wouldn't comment on this stuff because its not what he would do, but he knows people have made claims that he said things about Palin etc and they are not true.Seems to be much more likely that these 'sources' are not reliable than Bush 'would have supported Obama'.
Your story has nothing about Obama, just a rumor that he didn't like the choice of Palin (which isn't unique amongst Republicans). It's two different stories and he hasn't denied this one yet.I think it's entirely possible he privately voted for Obama, or at least thought McCain was a worse candidate for the job. Doesn't make him a commie liberal, it would just mean that he's capable of independent thought. I love when politicians cross party lines based on their own beliefs.
Your story has nothing about Obama, just a rumor that he didn't like the choice of Palin (which isn't unique amongst Republicans). It's two different stories and he hasn't denied this one yet.I think it's entirely possible he privately voted for Obama, or at least thought McCain was a worse candidate for the job. Doesn't make him a commie liberal, it would just mean that he's capable of independent thought. I love when politicians cross party lines based on their own beliefs.
The point of your story was that Bush would just do whatever he was told to do including endorse Obama. My point is that Bush is like his father, after he left office, he had too much class to bad mouth the next president. To say that 'some people' heard him bad mouth McCain etc and its on the internet is suspect because it flies in the face of what he has done for the last 2 years, which is stay out of controversy regarding the Obama administration.Bush has class.
The point of your story was that Bush would just do whatever he was told to do including endorse Obama.
No it wasn't. The point of the story is that Bush publicly towed the party line (like every politician ever), but privately thought Obama > McCain. Which is an interesting premise that I wish had more explanation (why he thought that way, how he thought they were different, etc).Or that Bush is a secret commie muslim. Either way...
My point is that Bush is like his father, after he left office, he had too much class to bad mouth the next president. To say that 'some people' heard him bad mouth McCain etc and its on the internet is suspect because it flies in the face of what he has done for the last 2 years, which is stay out of controversy regarding the Obama administration.
Would it have more validity in a newspaper?
Would it have more validity in a newspaper?
I heard a couple people say that they heard that Bush said your mother is hot.
BG said that Bush was good because only 100,000 people were killed rather than 500,000 during SaddamAlchohol kills more people than Pot does ... so Pot is good.Sources:Alchohol Death: http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/alcohol.htmPot Death: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_many_deaths_...ue_to_marijuana
bush destroyed an entire country, one of the most progressive and modern in the mid-east. before the first gulf war the biggest concern with children was rising obesity rates. then the first war which destroyed much of iraq's infrastructure, and the massive embargo (which the US was a part of, no matter what that liar BG says) created a life of misery...children were now starving to death and dying of diseases that were practically eradicated before.then the illegal invasion buy the other bush...which effectively destroyed what little was left...even now there's no reliable water or electricity, security is much worse than when saddam was in power...if america was really about overthrowing dictators, why aren't they swarming africa? some of the most vile and backwards shit happens there (ie congo)...
My wife tapes Oprah, and Bush is on there now. I've got two main impressions. First, he is a total dork. Second, he seems way more thoughtful and smart than I've ever seen him. I don't know how much of him to believe, but he seems like a really good guy.
this perfectly illustrates the lack of logic by the idiot clique that destroyed these forums.
bush destroyed an entire country, one of the most progressive and modern in the mid-east. before the first gulf war the biggest concern with children was rising obesity rates. then the first war which destroyed much of iraq's infrastructure, and the massive embargo (which the US was a part of, no matter what that liar BG says) created a life of misery...children were now starving to death and dying of diseases that were practically eradicated before.then the illegal invasion buy the other bush...which effectively destroyed what little was left...even now there's no reliable water or electricity, security is much worse than when saddam was in power...if america was really about overthrowing dictators, why aren't they swarming africa? some of the most vile and backwards shit happens there (ie congo)...
Holy crap you are delusional. The bolded is like saying the best smelling turd. Except this turd is in the middle of a sewage treatment plant.As for Bush I's illegal invasion is laughable. Do you not remember Saddam trying to take over Kuwait?

I think the thing that was interesting about the Bush interview was that if you took his dorkiest statements and strung them together into a one-minute clip, John Stewart would have enough material for the rest of the year.If you took his most statesman-like statements and made a one minute clip, he'd look like Martin Luther King combined with Thomas Jefferson.Of course we know which side the MSM chose.(Not that I'm a fan of Bush, I still think he was terrible, but I don't think he was the incompetent ninny he was portrayed as. I think he was an honest guy whose policies are the opposite of what I believe is good for the country.)

(Not that I'm a fan of Bush, I still think he was terrible, but I don't think he was the incompetent ninny he was portrayed as. I think he was an honest guy whose policies are the opposite of what I believe is good for the country.)
I actually think that the above is correct, except I think the policies that you would have liked, he was not able to get passed. I think that was the downfall of his presidency, is ineffectiveness at getting anything resolved. The only things he got done, were ones the democrats were OK with.
I actually think that the above is correct, except I think the policies that you would have liked, he was not able to get passed. I think that was the downfall of his presidency, is ineffectiveness at getting anything resolved. The only things he got done, were ones the democrats were OK with.
his record, even the stuff he pushed for, is very anti-henry. he was pro-bailouts, pro-war, pro-heavy handed anti-terrorism stuff, pro-deficits, and probably a bunch of stuff I'm forgetting.
No it wasn't. The point of the story is that Bush publicly towed the party line (like every politician ever), but privately thought Obama > McCain. Which is an interesting premise that I wish had more explanation (why he thought that way, how he thought they were different, etc).Or that Bush is a secret commie muslim. Either way...
I think you misunderstood the article you linked to. The quote is:I probably won’t even vote for the guy. I had to endorse him. But I’d have endorsed Obama if they’d asked me.which is most obviously read asI probably won’t even vote for the guy. I had to endorse him. But I’d [even] have endorsed Obama if they’d asked me.And means: I didn't really like mccain but I had to endorse him, because I have to endorse whoever they tell me even if it were an outrageous choice like Obama. He was not expressing support for Obama.
I think you misunderstood the article you linked to. The quote is:I probably won’t even vote for the guy. I had to endorse him. But I’d have endorsed Obama if they’d asked me.which is most obviously read asI probably won’t even vote for the guy. I had to endorse him. But I’d [even] have endorsed Obama if they’d asked me.And means: I didn't really like mccain but I had to endorse him, because I have to endorse whoever they tell me even if it were an outrageous choice like Obama. He was not expressing support for Obama.
Carrying this further, it implies that Bush is a sock puppet who obeys this imaginary 'they' who tell him what to do.This was the point I was addressing, that Bush has said publicly that he doesn't think it is right to talk one way or the other about others now that he is out of office, because he is classy.This internet blog rumor that he was obeying orders and would have supported anyone 'they' told him is too far from what we see of Bush to have any chance of being right.
Carrying this further, it implies that Bush is a sock puppet who obeys this imaginary 'they' who tell him what to do.This was the point I was addressing, that Bush has said publicly that he doesn't think it is right to talk one way or the other about others now that he is out of office, because he is classy.This internet blog rumor that he was obeying orders and would have supported anyone 'they' told him is too far from what we see of Bush to have any chance of being right.
It's less about being a sock puppet and more about the realities of being a prominent figure in a political party. You can't really go against the nominee from your own party regardless of what your personal opinion of him is, because that's ultimately counter-productive.
It's less about being a sock puppet and more about the realities of being a prominent figure in a political party. You can't really go against the nominee from your own party regardless of what your personal opinion of him is, because that's ultimately counter-productive.
I agree, but the notion that Bush would publically say that "Duh..I woulda done whatever they tolds me to" just reeks of an internet rumor/lie

This is the Bush I know of from 2004:

(CBS/AP) President Bush offered a flattering tribute to former President Clinton on Monday as the White House unveiled the official portraits of the 42nd president and his wife, Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton.Mr. Bush rode into office on a promise "to restore honor and dignity" to the White House after eight years of Mr. Clinton, and he was bitter at his predecessor defeating his father in the 1992 presidential contest. But on Monday, Mr. Bush delivered a lengthy, forceful defense of his predecessor, and welcomed dozens of Clinton administration officials back into the White House."As a candidate for any office, whether it be the state attorney general or the president, Bill Clinton showed incredible energy and great personal appeal," Mr. Bush said. "As chief executive, he showed a deep and far-ranging knowledge of public policy, a great compassion for people in need, and the forward-looking spirit that Americans like in a president."Mr. Bush left Mr. Clinton laughing so hard that his face turned red with a jibe about Mr. Clinton's service in Texas to George McGovern's failed 1972 presidential campaign.Mostly, though, Mr. Bush gave an almost nostalgic tribute to the Democratic former president."Bill Clinton could always see a better day ahead and Americans knew he was working hard to bring that day closer," Mr. Bush said. "Over eight years it was clear that Bill Clinton loved the job of the presidency. He filled this house with energy and joy. He's a man of enthusiasm and warmth, who could make a compelling case and effectively advance the causes that drew him to public service."
his record, even the stuff he pushed for, is very anti-henry. he was pro-bailouts, pro-war, pro-heavy handed anti-terrorism stuff, pro-deficits, and probably a bunch of stuff I'm forgetting.
I think the stuff in his campaign for his first term was great. It took him about six minutes after taking office to turn into a Democrat.
I probably won’t even vote for the guy. I had to endorse him. But I’d [even] have endorsed Obama if they’d asked me.And means: I didn't really like mccain but I had to endorse him, because I have to endorse whoever they tell me even if it were an outrageous choice like Obama.
I really think you're the one that's reading it wrong. I don't know how to prove it, as apparently it's a matter of perspective, but even now I don't read it like that at all.