How Can Religion Exist After Darwin? Is It Bound To Die?

Your reading comprehension is: atrocious.
I read everything you said. I still see no reason to continuously give this old fart any kind of power over anything. It could easily be taken away by just not listening. It's akin to the Palin phenomenon- everybody hates what she has to say but can't stop asking her questions. Just... stop asking. Done.
  • Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read everything you said. I still see no reason to continuously give this old fart any kind of power over anything. It could easily be taken away by just not listening. It's akin to the Palin phenomenon- everybody hates what she has to say but can't stop asking her questions. Just... stop asking. Done.
I know you read it. I never said you couldn't read.You may see no reason to give this old fart any power over anything, and I feel the same way. But the point is that many people do follow whatever he says, so, in the world we live in, what he says can be important. You were arguing that it doesn't make a difference what he says, but that's incorrect. It does make a difference, whether you want it to or not. And there were certainly positive outcomes that stemmed from his admission that using condoms can be a good idea in certain circumstances.
He is the anointed leader of a billion-person religion which considers him to be the earthly representative of an all-powerful god.
His influence does not go away when the media stop asking him questions.