Pokerstars.net Ept Vienna

And yes...I am just nitpicking. Didn't think it would have had to be said in the first place, but whatever, I guess that is just a matter of opinion. He prob wasn't meaning it fully, but by him saying it means it WAS in his mind.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And yes...I am just nitpicking. Didn't think it would have had to be said in the first place, but whatever, I guess that is just a matter of opinion. He prob wasn't meaning it fully, but by him saying it means it WAS in his mind.
True..it was pretty much a slowroll tho-I would've been pissed too.
"Good luck. I shouldn't even shake your hand because that's the dirtiest thing I've ever seen, but I will anyway. Ewwww that's greasy."Way to be the bigger man, DN! You sure showed him how much more class you have by informing him that you have so much class you will be classy to the classless!My respect and admiration has grown for you today.
The video stream comes across a lot different than it does in print.The guy took quite a while before calling with the nuts after the other 2 were already allin and there couldn't be any action and then when it was time to show the hands he was slow in showing what he had and waited for the other 2 to show first. Nothing to shoot the guy over and I don't think he meant it as a shot at the others but he for sure did slow roll them.Daniel's comments came after he lost the bust out hand and he was laughing and joking with everybody as he said those things to the slowroller but obviously Daniel felt the slowroll. I would too in a case where I just was knocked out of a big event.

On the video feed, I don't blame Daniel one bit at all. the time he took, it was a clear slow roll, and Daniel has a right to be angry. gg Daniel, you played well and we are proud of your play

I wonder if Daniel knew the guy was also a team PS pro?
doesn't matter he still slow rolled daniel and was a dick about it

The caller didn't take all that much time, according to the video link. He also didn't have the stone cold nuts, as the doggie hand had a redraw, slim as it is. Also, two different flush draws could have been made on the river. It's entirely conceivable that someone had a flush draw. ******* slow roll? Didn't seem like that to me. DN frustrated? Sure.

here's the video of the hand
Daniel even stated , said do you have 67?
I almost made this exact post, except that mine was going to be a joke.
The Gators suck.Re: "slow roll"...the guy took 1/3 of a minute to call at a very important point in the game. Maybe DN felt the slow roll and that might be legit, but the rest of us can't really call it that when it comes down to the fact the "slow roller" DID NOT HAVE THE STONE COLD NUTS. The cards came down fairly quickly after the call, so what's the fuss about?That's my opinion, nothing more, nothing less.
Are you suggesting that somebody might fold there ever?
No. I'm suggesting the guy doesn't have to Hellmuth his chips into the middle at light speed and is entitled to take 20 seconds to make sure he's got it all worked out.

knowing I had a straight I would be all in like a flash of lighting, not like a slow moving snail

its a pretty awful slowroll. don't really see how anyone can defend the 67o guy (can't remember the name)
really is a horrible slowroll, he could have made a speech and taken a bit longer
No. I'm suggesting the guy doesn't have to Hellmuth his chips into the middle at light speed and is entitled to take 20 seconds to make sure he's got it all worked out.
He really does though.It doesn't matter if another player has outs, if you have the nuts at a certain point in a hand you can't fold. What is there to think about? He can think about possible outs players have after the cards are turned over.It didn't seem like the guy had bad intentions though. It looked like he truly didn't know that what he did was bad etiquette. (edit) I just looked at Hruby's bio and it says he has been playing poker since 2000. So this is really weird. How could he not know that what he did was slowrolling? I guess maybe he got nervous and froze up since he hasn't been at the final table of a big tourney like this before.
complete slowroll--- you only call the flop trying to hit that exact card on the turn. when you hit it --instant call no business calling the flop if the perfect card comes and then your scared--
this.He didn't have just 20 seconds to think about it...he was thinking about it for several minutes. When the miracle card came the thinking should have ended with an insta, period.and like someone said here already...are you ever going to fold that hand there? Ever?That said, I agree it did not seem like he did this on purpose. And that is a key point...intention. Who knows if he meant to do it...

Two remarks:1) There are actually cases where, even if you have the nuts on the turn, a fold is still good. I remember a discussion a year or so back where someone folded the nut straight on the turn to a huge overshove, simply because most of villains range consisted of that same straight with an additional possible flush draw, so he would usually split the pot and sometimes lose it. Of course, this reasoning would clearly not justify a fold in this hand, but it may have been one of the reasons why Hruby took a bit of time.2) This hand determined to a large extent who would win a boatload of money. Those are the kind of circumstances where people function a bit differently than in normal situations. Also, you experience things differently. An example from my own experience: the deciding hand in my WSOP victory was an all in preflop with KK>JJ. KK is a hand I would obviously snapcall with in any normal situation, but in this case when my opponent shoved, my first reaction was not to yell "call!" - it was to double check my cards to see if I had not misread my hand. Of course, that only took half a second, after which I did immediately call, but it's something I would never have done in a normal tournament. Vice versa, my opponent let me know after the hand that he did experience this as a slowroll -- clearly not a malicious one, but once I looked at my cards, he was sure that I did not have him crushed, so it got his hopes up -- only for them to be crushed half a second later. The point is that in this case, I don't think anyone will accuse me of purposefully slowrolling the guy, but at the same time, nobody can really blame him for feeling slowrolled.In the EPT hand, similarly, I really wouldn't blame Daniel for experiencing this as a slowroll. In his case, the money was of course not life changing, but I think the chance of winning his first EPT and surpassing Ivey on the money list still means a lot to him. Of course, he still could have handled it better by not mentioning it at all - or at least not in front of the cameras. As for Hruby, it's impossible to know for sure whether his intentions were bad or not, but even though he took a strangely long time for someone this experienced, I can still imagine that this was just a case of the circumstances being very different from the ones he usually plays under, and that there was no bad intent at all.

Two remarks:1) There are actually cases where, even if you have the nuts on the turn, a fold is still good. I remember a discussion a year or so back where someone folded the nut straight on the turn to a huge overshove, simply because most of villains range consisted of that same straight with an additional possible flush draw, so he would usually split the pot and sometimes lose it. Of course, this reasoning would clearly not justify a fold in this hand, but it may have been one of the reasons why Hruby took a bit of time.2) This hand determined to a large extent who would win a boatload of money. Those are the kind of circumstances where people function a bit differently than in normal situations. Also, you experience things differently. An example from my own experience: the deciding hand in my WSOP victory was an all in preflop with KK>JJ. KK is a hand I would obviously snapcall with in any normal situation, but in this case when my opponent shoved, my first reaction was not to yell "call!" - it was to double check my cards to see if I had not misread my hand. Of course, that only took half a second, after which I did immediately call, but it's something I would never have done in a normal tournament. Vice versa, my opponent let me know after the hand that he did experience this as a slowroll -- clearly not a malicious one, but once I looked at my cards, he was sure that I did not have him crushed, so it got his hopes up -- only for them to be crushed half a second later. The point is that in this case, I don't think anyone will accuse me of purposefully slowrolling the guy, but at the same time, nobody can really blame him for feeling slowrolled.In the EPT hand, similarly, I really wouldn't blame Daniel for experiencing this as a slowroll. In his case, the money was of course not life changing, but I think the chance of winning his first EPT and surpassing Ivey on the money list still means a lot to him. Of course, he still could have handled it better by not mentioning it at all - or at least not in front of the cameras. As for Hruby, it's impossible to know for sure whether his intentions were bad or not, but even though he took a strangely long time for someone this experienced, I can still imagine that this was just a case of the circumstances being very different from the ones he usually plays under, and that there was no bad intent at all.
I can't question the intention element, but I have to disagree that there is ever a good occassion to fold the nuts on the turn in hold'em and certainly not with the action that was in this hand. Even with a flush draw out there it is terribly -EV to fold the nuts on the chance that your opponent also has the nuts and a draw (especially when there are two other players in the pot). As for your hand, it is not at all analogous. First, KK is not the absolute nuts and the hand was preflop. Secondly, if you quickly checked your hand to confirm your holding that is far different than taking a fair amount of time and doing so on a turn after you called the flop hoping to hit the exact card that came out. What happened to DN was shady and while I don't think there was necessarily any ill will, that doesn't change the shadiness in my mind.
I guess maybe he got nervous and froze up since he hasn't been at the final table of a big tourney like this before.
Pretty sure this. Danny's right to have been peeved. My guess though is that this guy knew it was a obvious call, but was just struck by the moment knowing there's a zillion outs to this river with two all-ins. My guess is that he tanked for 5 seconds, and that was just long enough for him to start thinking about all the flush draw and set that he's up against, and then he got lost in his thoughts.In the end, snap call.....and he was lucky with the relative soft holdings he needed to fade (situationally speaking). I'd chalk it up to a brain hiccup after the fact...but I'd have been pissed in the moment as well.