what's so bad about ub?

I'm really new to this board, and fairly new to poker in general. It seems like all the posts here that ask about good online sites either don't mention ultimatebet or point it out as one not to go to. It is the main online site I play, mostly because the interface is clean and the all-in protections are helpful when you're on a dialup connection (It's all I can get, I live in BFE). I also like the extremely low limit tables because they allow me to work on my fundamentals without blowing a whole lot of money. So I'm wondering what the deal is, do you like UB or not? If not, please let me know why, as I may need to switch sites. Thanks all.

The only thing I have against UB is that is where I first started playing internet poker. Back when I used to suck. I was losing at UB and as every newb does I started to doubt that the cards were random. Looking back now I'm sure the cards were fine it was my play that sucked. Well after playing WAY WAY WAY above my bankroll in live games (and losing a huge chunk of money) I returned to the online world. I however have not deposited anymore money on UB in quite some time but they just sent me a 100% deposit bonus in the mail so I'm sure we will become friends again soon. Oh yeah and the bet the pot button. I don't like them making it easy for the fish to use correct strategy.

I love UB. The software is the best there is IMO. I try and play other sites and have had success(Party!!!) but keep coming back to UB. Guess I'm just used to it and feel comfortable. :club:

I love UB. The software is the best there is IMO. I try and play other sites and have had success(Party!!!) but keep coming back to UB. Guess I'm just used to it and feel comfortable. :club:
Ditto.
I've played on both Party and UB.I enjoy UB more then I do Party. But if in a in hurt for some money I'll go play at party for a couple horus. :twisted:

I love UB as well. I started out on Paradise, but I got refferred to UB and haven't played other sites since. Their gameplay and animation is fast, and their bonuses are pretty easy to work off. And they frequently have redeposit bonuses at 50% up to $100, so my strategy is to keep $200 in my firepay account to redeposit with. Once I collect my 100 bonus bucks, I cash out the original $200 and wait for the next redeposit bonus (they are usually around twice a month I'd say) . I haven't been playing much of late (full time jobs will do that to you) but I currently have almost $400 in bonus dollars so when I do play (usually 2/4 or 3/6) I'm making between 6-12 bucks every hour I play.I also love UB because of UltimateBuddy--not sure if other sites have applications to add buddies (both friends, enemies, and people who serve as personal ATMs).Oh and I just got gametime + working in addition to pokertracker, which is fully compatible if you have UltimateHistory.--snowmannn

my favorite thing about ub is the miniView. you can four table with no problem. however, i have two peeves with the site:1. i hate that popup crap when you login and logoff. 2. anything affiliated with esfandiari deserves a kick to the groin.

love ub, the tourney structure is great. bonus is a little tougher to clear but the fact they release what you cleared instantly and it never expires is nice. i also like the fact you can use the points as buy ins to get into even the big buy in tourneys and they even let the play money tables earn points. the list of merchandise you can get with points isn't too bad either.edit: oh yea, ultimatebuddy is very nice as mentioned before.

UB is great for offering lots of betting structures. They have all the low limits like usual, and they also have the higher end games that i will visit on occasion to see how i am playing at that level (since most of the money i make is from smaller limits where all the morons are.)like everbody has said here.. the "bet the pot" option is completely rediculous.. if you're a good player you shouldnt have to have a button.. you should know when the tables texture supports that move.

i have to say no just because of the bet the pot option.So many fish used bet the pot instead of just betting minimum like they normally would that I decided to play on sites w/o it.this may sound stupid but I really think it makes a difference in micro NL.