Stars $3 Rebuy 180 Turbo Thread

HAND #7c I'm almost embarrassed to post this hand. Probably bad/spewey on so many levels, but when you are learning, there is no such thing as a dumb question. Generally A10 is the bottom of my open/shove range from an early position, but felt I was too deep to just shove, so I standard opened here. Was surprised to catch 2 flatters here, and that just mentally messed me up. I just now ran stove giving MP a range of 15% and HJ a 33% range. Doing this, I am a dog. as shown below, I am a major dog. At the flop I have a OESD, and had no clue as the best way to play this. I think the HJ stack intimidated me too much. IDK. Looking back now, I still have no clue on how this should have been played here. Thoughts??feral_cow_icon.gifFeral Cow Poker Hand ConverterPokerStars No-Limit Hold'em ($3.00+$0.30) t800/t1600 ante t150 - 8 playersUTG geomi: t33,116 UTG+1 Hero: t29,422 MP k3kc: t20,971 HJ fcemmen: t74,357 CO papafloren: t12,070 Button Yekim: t38,120 SB ijsklompje: t49,568 BB ¤Måstahill¤: t6,100 Preflop: (t3,600) Hero is UTG+1 with :club::4h (8 players)geomi folds, Hero raises to t3200, k3kc calls t3200, fcemmen calls t3200, 4 foldsFlop: (t13,200) :3h:5c:ts (3 players)

....................Hero bets t26072 and is all-in....................k3kc calls t17621 and is all-in.....................fcemmen calls t26072................................Turn: (t82,965) 3d................................................................................................................................................................. (3 players)River: (t82,965) Qs ..........................................................................................................................................(3 players)Hero showed Th Ac, and won (82965) with a straight, Eight to Queenk3kc showed Kd Qd, and lost with a pair of Queensfcemmen showed Js Ad, and lost with a pair of JacksHero won t82965

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is quite a hard range to derive since you are up against such varied ranges. In a vacuum I think this is just about okay.
This is kinda my comfort zone open shove range / calling range when ~8bb-~14bb. Unless I have a read on a player, or position dictates otherwise. I see what you are saying, and I am having a hard time trying to explain this I guess. Basically I still won't shove any broadways late position or call and later position shoves with broadways unless I have a good read on the player. Make any more sense?? Too nitty, or is this just too vague of a explanation?

HAND #7dBLIND VS BLINDThis is the next thing I am going to study, B vs B play. I am either missing something here, or just get coolered to death, because when I generally use this low of a range on B vs B, the BB always wakes up with Ax. It actually worked here, but is this standard or spewey??feral_cow_icon.gifFeral Cow Poker Hand ConverterPokerStars No-Limit Hold'em ($3.00+$0.30) t1000/t2000 ante t200 - 8 playersButton geomi: t30,016 SB Hero: t85,215 BB KamMoye: t44,886 UTG fcemmen: t44,585 UTG+1 papafloren: t11,570 MP Yekim: t33,420 HJ ijsklompje: t48,268 CO ¤Måstahill¤: t10,850 Preflop: (t4,600) Hero is SB with :5c:D (8 players)6 folds, Hero raises to t6000, KamMoye raises to t44686 and is all-in, Hero calls t38686Flop: (t90,972) :jh:ts:D (2 players)Turn: (t90,972) :D (2 players)River: (t90,972) :4h (2 players)Hero showed :3h:D, and won (90972) with a full house, Kings full of JacksKamMoye showed :qh:club:, and lost with two pair, Kings and JacksHero won t90972

HAND #7eBRAG HANDThis is just a fun hand to show you guys I can actually pull off a stone cold bluff, and I am not just a nit or a spewtard.feral_cow_icon.gifConverted by a herd of feral cowsPokerStars No-Limit Hold'em ($3.00+$0.30) t3000/t6000 ante t600 - 9 playersButton geomi: t43,582 SB Hero: t141,072 BB RoyBroke: t129,574 UTG Dysa78: t73,886 UTG+1 papafloren: t91,030 MP chiquiscq: t158,427 MP2 tarzan4: t95,467 HJ Arsam_Shark: t96,369 CO lekkins: t57,593 Preflop: (t14,400) Hero is SB with :4h:ts (9 players)7 folds, Hero raises to t12000, RoyBroke calls t6000Flop: (t29,400) :5c:club::3h (2 players)Hero bets t22000, RoyBroke foldsHero collected t29400

This is kinda my comfort zone open shove range / calling range when ~8bb-~14bb. Unless I have a read on a player, or position dictates otherwise. I see what you are saying, and I am having a hard time trying to explain this I guess. Basically I still won't shove any broadways late position or call and later position shoves with broadways unless I have a good read on the player. Make any more sense?? Too nitty, or is this just too vague of a explanation?
I'm finding it hard to understand what you mean...if you have KJo OTB with 8 BBs you don't shove? What does this have to do with the other hand? Are you talking about calling off shoves? It can definitely be correct to isolate some shoves with KJo.c) Preflop I can't fault although I think folding here if you don't feel too comfortable is an idea. You have to expect to get flat called a lot in these things - people are very stack size unaware.Your stoving of what you think their ranges are on the flop is fairly irrelevant. If you think someone has 33% of hands they are not just gonna blindly stack off with all of them. 66 is in that range and that is auto mucking this flop along with a decent number of other hands.As for what to do on this flop, it's a really icky spot. I think trying to get the chips in with fold equity is an idea...so what you did isn't as bad as it looks. I'd probably opt to check and see if I have fold equity over any bets made and jam then. You can often get the big stack to stab here quite a lot. Betting intending to call the shorter stack is ok but it gets ugly vs the big stack if he calls or raises.d) I like limp shoving this effective stack here with a lot of hands against loosish/aggressive BBs. When they're going to fold a lot just open. That said, KQs is gonna be strong enough to raise/call vs most here so this is fine. e) I dislike the min raise bvb. Anywhere else it can be a good strategy but not bvb, you give him too good of a price to call. Also note that you 3xed in hand d) so you seem to be varying it.Your flop bet is too big. 16k is fine here. Makes bluffing cheaper and is a pretty solid amount to value bet.
I'm finding it hard to understand what you mean...if you have KJo OTB with 8 BBs you don't shove? What does this have to do with the other hand? Are you talking about calling off shoves? It can definitely be correct to isolate some shoves with KJo.c) Preflop I can't fault although I think folding here if you don't feel too comfortable is an idea. You have to expect to get flat called a lot in these things - people are very stack size unaware.Your stoving of what you think their ranges are on the flop is fairly irrelevant. If you think someone has 33% of hands they are not just gonna blindly stack off with all of them. 66 is in that range and that is auto mucking this flop along with a decent number of other hands.As for what to do on this flop, it's a really icky spot. I think trying to get the chips in with fold equity is an idea...so what you did isn't as bad as it looks. I'd probably opt to check and see if I have fold equity over any bets made and jam then. You can often get the big stack to stab here quite a lot. Betting intending to call the shorter stack is ok but it gets ugly vs the big stack if he calls or raises.d) I like limp shoving this effective stack here with a lot of hands against loosish/aggressive BBs. When they're going to fold a lot just open. That said, KQs is gonna be strong enough to raise/call vs most here so this is fine. e) I dislike the min raise bvb. Anywhere else it can be a good strategy but not bvb, you give him too good of a price to call. Also note that you 3xed in hand d) so you seem to be varying it.Your flop bet is too big. 16k is fine here. Makes bluffing cheaper and is a pretty solid amount to value bet.
You're the man. Thanks again for your help/insights. Today I have played 2 $12 180s. First one 15th, and in one now ITM heading for FT. These and the $3 rebuys seem to be getting easier. :club:
You're the man. Thanks again for your help/insights. Today I have played 2 $12 180s. First one 15th, and in one now ITM heading for FT. These and the $3 rebuys seem to be getting easier. :club:
Sweet, good luck... on PS or FTP? Kosin Trouble

HAND #8 This is probably an obvious cooler, but just want to make sure. Was just moved to this table, so no reads.feral_cow_icon.gifMoooooooooooraaawwwr.PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em ($3.00+$0.30) t600/t1200 ante t125 - 9 playersMP PiRatos1970: t56,160 MP2 bergmooss: t11,975 HJ badabing82: t12,200 CO Hero: t19,920 Button Sogun(Bela): t27,022 SB general_jim3: t24,478 BB helder_teixe: t6,060 UTG chirgy: t20,445 UTG+1 KDolla83: t5,409 Preflop: (t2,925) Hero is CO with :D:5c (9 players)2 folds, PiRatos1970 raises to t6000, 2 folds, Hero raises to t19795 and is all-in, 3 folds, PiRatos1970 calls t13795Flop: (t42,515) :jh:D :D (2 players)Turn: (t42,515) :club: (2 players)River: (t42,515) :qh (2 players)PiRatos1970 showed :ts:4h, and won (42515) with a pair of AcesHero showed :D:3h, and lost with a pair of QueensPiRatos1970 won t42515---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Is shoving ~17bb here to an unknown MP player that 5x opens (which is half or all of the stacks at most players at the table) with QQ just unavoidable?? Can you really flat this here and jam no over card flop, or fold to c/f to a A or K on the flop? That would only leave me with ~10BBs which does not seem good. Is this just one of those proper flip situations, and if you lose it like me, just say "Ohh well", and boot up another SNG??

Is shoving ~17bb here to an unknown MP player that 5x opens (which is half or all of the stacks at most players at the table) with QQ just unavoidable?? Can you really flat this here and jam no over card flop, or fold to c/f to a A or K on the flop? That would only leave me with ~10BBs which does not seem good. Is this just one of those proper flip situations, and if you lose it like me, just say "Ohh well", and boot up another SNG??
There are 1326 different starting hands in no limit hold'em. Out of those, 12 beat QQ. Why do you think of this hand in terms like "unavoidable" and "flip"? The words in your mind should be more like "fistpump", "yee-haw" and "pleasepleasepleasepleasecall".
There are 1326 different starting hands in no limit hold'em. Out of those, 12 beat QQ. Why do you think of this hand in terms like "unavoidable" and "flip"? The words in your mind should be more like "fistpump", "yee-haw" and "pleasepleasepleasepleasecall".
Thanks for that. I figured so, but when you go on just a complete horrid run, and you are 1-30 PP vs Ax, and the A gets you every f'n time, you kinda second guess yourself. Just in a mental funk, and needed some reinforcement.
Thanks for that. I figured so, but when you go on just a complete horrid run, and you are 1-30 PP vs Ax, and the A gets you every f'n time, you kinda second guess yourself. Just in a mental funk, and needed some reinforcement.
You can't really be serious here, right? I am hoping you are just posting this hand to gain some commiseration, because there should never be any question in this situation.And these "coolers" happen all the time in these shovaments. Learn to expect them, because they are going to come, and come alot. You can't let them get to your head; if you do, these tournaments aren't for you. Turbos, that is.
  • 4 weeks later...

Been a while since I have posted here. I have played a few of these the past few weeks, but have been mostly playing the Super-Turbos at Tilt. I love/hate the new on-demand 54 mans. Bigger payouts, but field is 2x-3x bigger than the old 54 man, so variance really can get you, but really getting a good feel for shove/fold shortstack modes. Here is a few from one I FT tonight.HAND #9a This is really just a play check against a supernova. I was proud of myself here, but just want to double-check and make sure I played it right to get max-value.feral_cow_icon.gifYour converted hand, now with more cowbell.PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em ($3.00+$0.30) t600/t1200 ante t125 - 9 playersHJ I AmLegend11: t45,465 CO dagamblebot: t23,655 Button Beer hand131: t26,699 SB pulse time: t22,635 BB Cashewouten: t19,140 UTG TM33AMR: t18,632 UTG+1 Ditzutz: t28,565 MP Hero: t23,543 MP2 Philipdm: t16,995 Preflop: (t2,925) Hero is MP with :3d:club: (9 players)2 folds, Hero raises to t2400, Philipdm folds, I AmLegend11 calls t2400, 4 foldsFlop: (t7,725) :5c:jh:D (2 players)Hero checks, I AmLegend11 bets t4800, Hero calls t4800Turn: (t17,325) :4h (2 players)Hero checks, I AmLegend11 bets t8400, Hero raises to t16218 and is all-in, I AmLegend11 calls t7818River: (t49,761) :D (2 players)I AmLegend11 showed :5c:ts, and lost with two pair, Kings and FoursHero showed :7s:ts, and won (49761) with two pair, Aces and FoursHero won t49761---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------HAND #9b I really need help B vs B, because this shit happens to me alot. Guy had only been at the table for 5 hands, but had a 40vp. We were a few people from the bubble, so I was basically trying to steal, but the SOB actually woke up with something, which again, happens alot to me. Is this just one of those cases, or is there something I should be paying attention to when stealing. Generally If the person has a lower VP over more hands (20-30+) I am more apt to steal BvB or from button. Any videos/tutorials on this would be helpful.feral_cow_icon.gifFeral Cow PokerPokerStars No-Limit Hold'em ($3.00+$0.30) t2000/t4000 ante t400 - 6 playersUTG timmybwee: t116,030 UTG+1 dagamblebot: t29,182 CO Beer hand131: t56,660 Button MarkJWal: t14,140 SB Hero: t38,706 BB gaétangau: t22,630 Preflop: (t8,400) Hero is SB with :D :D (6 players)4 folds, Hero raises to t20000, gaétangau raises to t22230 and is all-in, Hero calls t2230Flop: (t46,860) :D:4h:3h (2 players)Turn: (t46,860) :qh (2 players)River: (t46,860) :qc (2 players)Hero showed :club::D, and lost with a pair of Fivesgaétangau showed :qh:3h, and won (46860) with a pair of Tensgaétangau won t46860--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- HAND # 9c OK, I got lucky one time after recovering from the above hand at the bubble, and now we are 5 handed. When you are here and everyone is about even stacked, would it have been better to try to min-raise this and see what happens, or just shove and take the 20k? I am good at short stack/calling ranges, but when even stacked, I get lost easily. If I 2x or so, and get shoved on, then what? AJ off is a little thin, especially when the table is tight. Just need more experience.feral_cow_icon.gifFeral Cow PokerPokerStars No-Limit Hold'em ($3.00+$0.30) t5000/t10000 ante t1000 - 5 playersBB lia4ever: t124,601 UTG Hero: t175,182 CO MilaMi1990: t195,753 Button timmybwee: t122,960 SB antonelduque: t212,004 Preflop: (t20,000) Hero is UTG with :jh:D (5 players)Hero raises to t174182 and is all-in, 4 foldsHero collected t30000-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

9a) Non standard but okay. I recognize the name and he played his hand fairly horribly.b) Fine. These spots happen all the time and it's much easier to remember the times you get looked up and lose and forget the times you take it down. The player is absolutely irrelevant in this spot since your shove is unexploitable.c) This is definitely +EV but raise/usually call might be better. Depends on the table dynamics quite a bit. In general I think you're not gonna be giving up too much doing this.

9a) Non standard but okay. I recognize the name and he played his hand fairly horribly.b) Fine. These spots happen all the time and it's much easier to remember the times you get looked up and lose and forget the times you take it down. The player is absolutely irrelevant in this spot since your shove is unexploitable.c) This is definitely +EV but raise/usually call might be better. Depends on the table dynamics quite a bit. In general I think you're not gonna be giving up too much doing this.
9a) You say "non standard"and "he played his hand fairly horribly". So what would have been a better way to play? I noticed he was showing down with any paint combos, and a few hands earlier won a pot with q10 off. He played more hands mid-game than most supernovas I have seen play. Once the K came, I was pretty sure that was my meal ticket, that's why I just c/c the flop (no over cards), and my plan was c/r any high cards. His bet was perfect because at that point he was 1/3 stack committed, and my shove was basically a min-raise, so I was hoping he had KQ or AK and did not mind spending the extra 8k. Thanks for the input.

I mean you played it non standard. Standard would be to c-bet the flop and probably bet the turn. It's hard not to play aces correctly on this board 20 BBs deep, especially against someone who is willing to bet.His preflop play is really bad against your stack size and the stack sizes to act. His flop bet might be okay but I think it's a little optimistic. His turn play is fine although there is some merit to checking behind to pot control/induce a bluff....not that you should really have a hand to bluff with after you c/c the flop

• 4 weeks later...

HAND # 10a Villain is 20/20/NA over 10 hands. What do you do??feral_cow_icon.gifA pack of feral cows chewed their cuds for .0043 seconds to convert this handPokerStars No-Limit Hold'em ($3.00+$0.30) t1500/t3000 ante t300 - 7 playersUTG Mikedem: t19,126 UTG+1 Femida6789: t27,839 HJ julee619: t38,976 CO Hero: t55,026 Button aggasif: t46,728 SB brettsky87: t28,120 BB johanfbomb: t30,004 Preflop: (t6,600) Hero is CO with :3h:5c (7 players)2 folds, julee619 folds, Hero raises to t6000, 2 folds, johanfbomb raises to t29704 and is all-in, Hero ... ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ HAND #10b I am 6th place and we have ~25 people left. Villain is 33/33/NA over 3 hands. Again, What do you do??feral_cow_icon.gifFeral Cow PokerPokerStars No-Limit Hold'em ($3.00+$0.30) t2000/t4000 ante t400 - 8 playersSB M.PAREIZO: t36,067 BB Femida6789: t74,573 UTG julee619: t30,976 UTG+1 Hero: t40,526 MP aggasif: t50,428 HJ brettsky87: t35,520 CO johanfbomb: t37,404 Button R u SERIUS: t24,992 Preflop: (t9,200) Hero is UTG+1 with :ts:club: (8 players)julee619 folds, Hero raises to t8000, 4 folds, M.PAREIZO raises to t35667 and is all-in, Femida6789 folds, Hero ...----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- HAND #10c This happened earlier in the tourney, but after the rebuy. I was questioned about my PF play at the time by another FCP'er. Just making sure from UTG min-raising here with the antes is ok, in hopes of a shove. Both of us were busy and did not get to discuss the PF critique, but since I feel like I am the weakest regular FCP'er, just wanting to get some second opinions and make sure my PF play was ok, and if it was not, why would 3x-ing or more would have been better.feral_cow_icon.gifFeral Cow PokerPokerStars No-Limit Hold'em ($3.00+$0.30) t500/t1000 ante t100 - 7 playersUTG Hero: t19,225 UTG+1 smithus: t5,327 HJ raisencane: t17,360 CO hoffa4321: t10,844 Button RIcapitalist: t14,105 SB Philipdm: t51,560 BB amy-lynn 10: t2,160 Preflop: (t2,200) Hero is UTG with :D :D (7 players)Hero raises to t2000, 3 folds, RIcapitalist calls t2000, 2 foldsFlop: (t6,200) :4h:jh:qh (2 players)Hero checks, RIcapitalist bets t4000, Hero ...Comments/suggestions Post Flop?? My gut reaction was to shove. Villain was 14/14/NA over 7 hands. Once again, HUD was no help tonight.

#1 this is so awkward to raise/call this hand vs the blinds you're probably gonna make more money jamming..it's definitely going to be +EV even with the BTN having 15BBs. As played johan is a decent but tight reg and I doubt he's jamming much of a range unless he has seen you raisefold a bunch in the 10 hands. It's super close given 1.6 : 1 or whatever it is.#2 just jam initially. No idea as played...in theory I don't think you should fold but in reality I doubt you have the right price vs most people as gross as that is. Unlike the last hand jamming is distinctly better than opening.#3 vs an unknown I'd probably show this down some way or another....prob start off by calling this bet. Shoving shuts out too many bluffs. You could quickly look the guy up on some site or other...if he's decent then he probably has KK+ here alone preflop so folding is fine.If you feel awkward postflop then stop min raising. It also makes the calls in the first two hands easier since you're getting a better price....this isn't really a logical reason at alll..i just prefer easier decisions.Idk if you've started opening in spoits like #1 and #2 because of what I said in the other thread.....I prefer opening more in the CO/HJ when I have: a) a bigger stack relative to the short stacks...so losing any all in won't take a huge chunk of my stack (>half)b) clearer raise/calls when the short stacks shove...when the blinds have < 8 BBs you can never raise fold a hand...when they have 9-12, some spots become really gross and you might be getting accidentally exploited if you start folding. You can probably start raise/folding if you have a rock solid read that someone is tight....I wouldn't recommend getting into a habit of doing it though.c) you need a big stack in there you make opening better than just jamming. Someone you CAN raise/fold to with a hand like JT. When there are 4 to act and they all have < 12 BBs then open shoving these hands is way better.Just stoved #1 vs 55+,A7s+,KTs+,QTs+,JTs,A9o+,KJo+,QJo and it comes out as a very close fold unless I'm doing the pot odds wrong..(I think you need 37.6% and I get 37.4%)...with $ considerations close to a bubble you probably need slightly more to call but I'm not sure of that. Wouldn't be surprised if his range is tighter than that vs an unknown too.For #2 you need 36% and you could well have it but it's really hard to define a range for a random SB here...

a) a bigger stack relative to the short stacks...so losing any all in won't take a huge chunk of my stack (>half)b) clearer raise/calls when the short stacks shove...when the blinds have < 8 BBs you can never raise fold a hand...when they have 9-12, some spots become really gross and you might be getting accidentally exploited if you start folding. You can probably start raise/folding if you have a rock solid read that someone is tight....I wouldn't recommend getting into a habit of doing it though.c) you need a big stack in there you make opening better than just jamming. Someone you CAN raise/fold to with a hand like JT. When there are 4 to act and they all have < 12 BBs then open shoving these hands is way better.
OK. I have a pretty good understanding of calling ranges for short stacks, ~12BB or so, so for hand #10a I would call off because of this ^^^.BUT, where I get lost is when you make a min-raise from an early position and you have a big stack/comparable stack just snap-off like this, then your A10 does not feel too good anymore. I mean, Is he really wanting to get all his chips involved with an A-rag here? BUT, with that being said, I am quite aware that generally when I get a big/comfortable stack and getting under 40 players, things are so tight I will open up a bit and min-raise alot (mostly trying to steal), and fold in spots like this and call off short short stacks. My hand strength for calling depends on position/pot odds. So, If we had played more hands together he could have noticed that I had been min-raise/folding a few times, so he may make that play just to try and exploit me, but with only 4 hands....no. This may be advanced thinking or FPS which is something that I guess if ok to start seeing, but I am not at the level yet to start implementing it.WOW! Just went back and realized that there was no small stack at the table. Whoops! So, basically with Hand #10a, it is ok to just open jam A10/AJ 88-JJ from an early position in this spot with the relative stack sizes/blinds/antes, and just hope no one else has anything better, and only calls with worse? Leave the min-raising/call to shove (FPS) for hands like AK/AQ,QQ+?? Also looked back at some other hands, and A10 from early position late in these tourneys with a decent stack seems to be a problem hand for me.Yea, I think our discussion in the other thread inspired me to try some new things, but it helps to fully understand first. But, as they say, you got to crack a few eggs to make an omelette.Also, when the antes kick in, as a general rule, you can do just a min-raise, correct? With Hand #10c, would it have been better here to 3x/4x to force some of the smaller stacks with medium-range hands into a shove, or does it show way too much strength here? Don't price in some of the KQ J10 at a ~10-12BB? Sometimes, you see some 3x/4xing going on, but not often.
  • 2 weeks later...

HAND #11 Was feeling and doing pretty good until here. Villain was running in god mode in the past 25 hands or so. He was always calling shoves with proper hands, and inducing with really good hands getting guys to shove off with mediocre hands . No donk play from him. So, is he still playing proper, or is he widening his range here just trying to bully?? There was about 30-something players left.feral_cow_icon.gifConverted by a herd of feral cowsPokerStars No-Limit Hold'em ($3.00+$0.30) t600/t1200 ante t125 - 7 playersCO Hero: t35,251 Button Gedis777: t18,195 SB ficak91: t32,589 BB JC_fullases: t7,320 UTG elsureño222: t50,892 UTG+1 Ventilatorrr: t68,474 HJ snorka: t53,364 Preflop: (t2,675) Hero is CO with :qh:club: (7 players)elsureño222 folds, Ventilatorrr raises to t2736, snorka folds, Hero calls t2736, 3 foldsDid not want to just go crazy PF, so just called.QUESTION: Am I really deep enough to pull off a 3-bet, and do you really want to try to get it in PF with about ~30 BBs PF here??Flop: (t8,147) :ts:4h:3h (2 players)Ventilatorrr bets t4200, Hero calls t4200 Brick for me, and pretty safe based on his play, unless he has a PP. Half pot standard C-bet. My thinking here was call, hope for a A or Q on the turn, if not, then raise a good looking high card.Turn: (t16,547) :5c (2 players)Ventilatorrr bets t7200, Hero ....Well, here is my bluff card, but his bet is now below half pot. Is he firing a second barrel here, or does he have AK, KQ suited? Hmm. He had been playing pretty well, so this K could have very well hit him, or he could still have a PP, or he could have just air. Now, I am getting cold feet and my flop plan is not looking too good. I can't call here, because I will be lost in space no matter what happens on the river. I have to either fold here and lose 1/3 of my stack on this mis-adventure here, or raise, but to how much? The pot is just about what I have left, so basically I would have to shove with a bluff, and hope a competent player does not have a K, which is something that is very well in his range. Yuck.OK. So this is my thinking. Am I on the right track here, and what would anyone have done differently in this hand??

Instead of me saying what I think, what do you think he raises pre, bets twice and folds on this board which beats you?I can tell you that this player is a reasonable regular. Nothing else sticks in my mind so he probably isn't too loose.Regarding preflop: you could definitely consider a 3 bet vs some and definitely a fold vs others...without much information I'd probably play preflop and flop the same.

Instead of me saying what I think, what do you think he raises pre, bets twice and folds on this board which beats you?
Hmmmm......... a KING!!BUT.... don't these competent regs ever bluff in situations like this, or when you are playing like 12 tables Do they/you (Highway) just play ABC and don't have time to pay attention to other players. Basically, If you figure them for a reg, do you always put them on high cards? I mean, would he play 99/1010 the same way??