Need Some Judges Here. Was This Silly Play? Ft .25nl

Full Tilt Full Ring .10/.25 nl 100bb.Damn, I am at work and was playing Full Tilt Take 2 promotion at lunch. Did not have hand history saved, so I will have to go by memory.I am UTG+1 (~$23) with K10 clubs. I open 3x to .75. Folds around to CO (~$10) and he flats, goes to BB (~$25) and he calls the .50.(POT $2.25) Flop comes 5 Q 8 all clubs. Checks around to CO and he opens with $2. Both players call. (POT $8.25) Turn comes 2 hearts. Checks around to CO. He All-ins his $6. BB thinks, then calls $6 (leaving him with about $12), and I shove my remaining $18. BB thinks, then folds.(POT ~$35) River comes brick (can't remember), and CO shows AQ off, NO Clubs. I win with K-high flush.CO then proceeds to call me the biggest fish at the table for open raising K10 suited, and keeps talking shit. I came back at him saying he was an idiot for shoving into a flush heavy board with 2 other players that called his flop bet. Finally someone steps in and says that I was correct, and reminded CO that this is not a tourney, and he should have 3-bet his AQ off preflop. Now, was my play THAT bad? Other than shoving the turn ( I was worried he was drawing with the A).A few hands later, the guy that defended me was in HJ and I was UTG with AK off. I open raise .75, he raises to $2, and I come back with $4.50, he shoves I call. He has AA and I catch set Ks on turn and river. Now, I feel like this was a worse play than the K10 hand. I should have folded to his shove after my 3-bet. Correct??

Full Tilt Full Ring .10/.25 nl 100bb.Damn, I am at work and was playing Full Tilt Take 2 promotion at lunch. Did not have hand history saved, so I will have to go by memory.I am UTG+1 (~$23) with K10 clubs. I open 3x to .75. Folds around to CO (~$10) and he flats, goes to BB (~$25) and he calls the .50.(POT $2.25) Flop comes 5 Q 8 all clubs. Checks around to CO and he opens with $2. Both players call. (POT $8.25) Turn comes 2 hearts. Checks around to CO. He All-ins his $6. BB thinks, then calls $6 (leaving him with about $12), and I shove my remaining $18. BB thinks, then folds.(POT ~$35) River comes brick (can't remember), and CO shows AQ off, NO Clubs. I win with K-high flush.CO then proceeds to call me the biggest fish at the table for open raising K10 suited, and keeps talking shit. I came back at him saying he was an idiot for shoving into a flush heavy board with 2 other players that called his flop bet. Finally someone steps in and says that I was correct, and reminded CO that this is not a tourney, and he should have 3-bet his AQ off preflop. Now, was my play THAT bad? Other than shoving the turn ( I was worried he was drawing with the A).A few hands later, the guy that defended me was in HJ and I was UTG with AK off. I open raise .75, he raises to $2, and I come back with $4.50, he shoves I call. He has AA and I catch set Ks on turn and river. Now, I feel like this was a worse play than the K10 hand. I should have folded to his shove after my 3-bet. Correct??
Did you continuation bet the flop? It seems like you didn't and I think you should 100% of the time.It's a fine play to open KTs... so you can flop the neezy...Getting in AK vs AA is pretty standard espec if he is steaming... binking 3 kings vs AA is nice :club:

I don't like your open at all, it's a fold pre in a full ring game from early. Once you have got to the flop I would c-bet this flop almost 100% of the time to get some money in on the early streets and bloat the pot. If another club comes your action is killed or you're up against the Ace of clubs. 2nd hand, I dont think its awful to call his ship as he has seen you open light earlier on and may think you are laggy but I think it is better to flat the 3bet. I only really play 6 max cash though... Also don't take to heart what people say. Ask him to justify his points, you may find you completely disagree with him or he may open your eyes a bit. Who knows. Probably the former if they are buying in with half a stack and have just lost a pot!!!

First hand I would have folded KT pre and cbet the flop if played for reasons mentioned above.Second hand, I don't stack off with AK preflop against people I haven't seen stack off light before. The games just aren't aggressive enough at 25NL, I'd say most people only stack off with AA or KK.

Did you continuation bet the flop? It seems like you didn't and I think you should 100% of the time.It's a fine play to open KTs... so you can flop the neezy...Getting in AK vs AA is pretty standard espec if he is steaming... binking 3 kings vs AA is nice :club:
No, I did not C-Bet. 3 handed I was hoping for someone else to rep a flush or draw and let them build it, but I see now by the 2 responses that is bad to do when you flop the nuts/2nd nut here.The guy was not steaming, he was the one that defended my play, so he seemed to know his shit. I do not play 100 bb full ring often, so I did not know if 3 bet / 4 bet shoving AK off preflop is good against an unknown player.
I don't like your open at all, it's a fold pre in a full ring game from early. Once you have got to the flop I would c-bet this flop almost 100% of the time to get some money in on the early streets and bloat the pot. If another club comes your action is killed or you're up against the Ace of clubs. 2nd hand, I dont think its awful to call his ship as he has seen you open light earlier on and may think you are laggy but I think it is better to flat the 3bet. I only really play 6 max cash though... Also don't take to heart what people say. Ask him to justify his points, you may find you completely disagree with him or he may open your eyes a bit. Who knows. Probably the former if they are buying in with half a stack and have just lost a pot!!!
I asked him why it was bad to open raise from UTG+1 with K10 suited, and he would not answer except with "lol" or "you're an idiot" or "fish". I also called him out on why he was plaing the min 50 bb and also was not topping off at 50 bb and got the same response as above. So basically I felt liek I was ok, but wanted to post it here just to get some extra thoughts.
Second hand, I don't stack off with AK preflop against people I haven't seen stack off light before. The games just aren't aggressive enough at 25NL, I'd say most people only stack off with AA or KK.
That's what I was thinking. This was not a very loose table, so that is why I thought it was bad. But, as kronesley said earlier, he may thought I was stacking off light and was trying to make a play against me, but turns out he was not playing that way, so basically do not do this again unless villain is known or table is loose, and be thankfull that a freaking runner/runner actually came my way for a change.
I asked him why it was bad to open raise from UTG+1 with K10 suited, and he would not answer except with "lol" or "you're an idiot" or "fish". I also called him out on why he was plaing the min 50 bb and also was not topping off at 50 bb and got the same response as above. So basically I felt liek I was ok, but wanted to post it here just to get some extra thoughts.
You are going to be playing oop and if you hit a K you have kicker problems. Just never play oop, especially with stuff that is going to give you reverse implied odds against potentially a bunch of callers.
That's what I was thinking. This was not a very loose table, so that is why I thought it was bad. But, as kronesley said earlier, he may thought I was stacking off light and was trying to make a play against me, but turns out he was not playing that way, so basically do not do this again unless villain is known or table is loose, and be thankfull that a freaking runner/runner actually came my way for a change.
If you stove it he has to be shoving JJ+, AQ+ for it to be a flip with AK. If you are the one pushing it's a bit better because you have fold equity too but calling it off you obviously don't.
ahhhhh, full ring nit-aments itti see
Set mining with JJ yo!
yeah, position is obv important...having kicker problems is bad...56s > KTs utg+1 in FR ez game
great point to hammer home. if we are to play a hand, it would be much better if we are going to be more happy and clear about what we hit. if we play K10 suited and flop K73 rainbow are we willing to play for stacks? no. are we really willing to do anything asides from cbet, check flop and maybe go thin and bet river against a somewhat competent player? its hard to play. its hard even more so to play the turn correctly. and when we make hard turn spots for ourselves we really run the risk of value screwing ourselves on the river.with all that said, i dont mind checking with such a strong hand on the flop. but we need to be c/ring imo a decent amount. we dont wanna let Aclubs get there cheaply. and it easily could get misleveled as a move or a bluff/ semibluff.

I'm fine with the first hand. Like many others, I fold it more often than not, but you took the lead. If you can get off it when you miss but make what is implied when you hit, then it isn't terrible, just not my general line. The other guy was just pissed that his TPTK wasn't the nuts. Go figure.The second hand is also not my standard line. But I'll admit I undervalue Big Slick a bit. In this case I'd have to be thinking we are at best a coin flip or looking at a chop vs. another AK, but we have to recognize we are probably behind at this point. I think I'd have called the $2 raise and seen the Flop. Yeah, we hit running Ks, but that doesn't justify the line.