Pokerstars Women Poker League Shaping Up

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

if $5000 isn't 5000 then what is (5000)?

ty for my new sig

• 2 weeks later...

Currently ranked in 5th but it does not include my Ft from yesterdayhttp://www.pokerstars.com/poker/promotions/wpl/rankings/DiamondDixi is in 23th but has missed a lot of games this monthyearly rankingsLisa is in 7th and I am 23rddon't forget I have missed the 1st 2 months of this league. There are over 800 Woman Players in this league, that have played over the last 4 monthsedit: Dec 29th in 4th 3 points back of 3rd

Make more awful 10 bb reships in my sngs pls, I like donations from people like you with illusions of skillHope you can cook!
Just saw this but wow have I played you in sngs before? Guess you didn't leave much of an impression on me. Reships often seem awful to the loser of the hand even though they are very correct. That said, I have no illusions of skill I freely admit to still being a donk, even though my results for the year were some what decent. I also don't find it necessary to be rude on forums.
Way to call him sexist, then pretty much validate what he said...
Well I have to say while I don't claim to be a great player by any means at least I have memberships to 2 training sites and have bothered to learn proper starting hands, odds and betting. One thing I have learned from this league is why women poker players have the bad reputation that they do. Out of all the players in the league less than 20% play a decent game. The play in $1 sngs is better than the play in the league games. I just find it hard to understand why these women don't bother to at least attempt to improve their game.
Just saw this but wow have I played you in sngs before? Guess you didn't leave much of an impression on me. Reships often seem awful to the loser of the hand even though they are very correct. That said, I have no illusions of skill I freely admit to still being a donk, even though my results for the year were some what decent. I also don't find it necessary to be rude on forums.
So, you think it's awful too? You straight donated that stack to me.(If you're having trouble comprehending what that means, it means you lost the hand, cause you're terrible.)
So, you think it's awful too? You straight donated that stack to me.(If you're having trouble comprehending what that means, it means you lost the hand, cause you're terrible.)
shutup Jebron, you Jabroni
So, you think it's awful too? You straight donated that stack to me. (If you're having trouble comprehending what that means, it means you lost the hand, cause you're terrible.)
I understand what it means. It means you're being a jerk for no good reason. Do you just one table or something because I play at least 6 to 8 sngs at a time and often reload as I bust out and I can't remember one hand from another, especially the ones I win. Why don't you post the hand in question so we can all see it.Leaving you with my favorite quote: “Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”- Charles Darwin
Proper starting hands? Like Phil's Top 10?
HUH?? Is this just a random comment or does it have something to do with my reply? I obviously reshipped some hand but I have no idea what hand that was but I must have thought whatever the hand it was ahead of our villain's range or I wouldn't have reshipped it. I was obviously wrong and our villain either had a better hand or sucked out on me. So what does this have to do with proper starting hands, since we're obviously taking about short stack play here?
I understand what it means. It means you're being a jerk for no good reason. Do you just one table or something because I play at least 6 to 8 sngs at a time and often reload as I bust out and I can't remember one hand from another, especially the ones I win. Why don't you post the hand in question so we can all see it.Leaving you with my favorite quote: “Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”- Charles Darwin
BBsRJReich 15,883 $1 $9 7% $11,720 Tilt 68 PokerStarsJebron sure 1-tables. I'm pretty sure you isojammed A2o into me which was lolbad considering the situation. I think I actually sent that HH around to some people on AIM too.(If you don't get this one either, I'm Jebron)

Wow that's really odd because despite the fact that I'm really stupid according to you I figured out you were lurbz and I therefore knew your username on Stars and I checked my PT3 to see if I had games with you and all I had was 4 MTTs and 1 sngs where you were only in for 5 minutes before you busted. Actually we did play one hand together in an MTT not a sng which I've posted below and I'm sure it's the hand you're referring to because in the hand history you made a comment "why don't you go back to the women's league" since I keep chat off when I play I didn't see this until now. I shove over a button limp with A4s which was technically incorrect but my guess is this button had been very active and limping and stealing quite a bit giving me reason to believe I could fold him with a shove and having only 10bb at this point it must have seemed correct under the circumstances. Unfortunately for me you woke up with AK, lucky you, because as I suspected the button did fold. You were shorter than I was so I figured you would only call with top hands. I checked this hand in SNGwiz and without the limper it was a completely correct shove but with the limper it was incorrect. So while you try to make out like this was some terrible play on my part it actually wasn't awful and only a complete jerk would make a big deal out of it. You'd think I reshipped 7 2 here with 40bb the way you're talking while this play was only slightly incorrect. BTW the buttons stats were 40/20 so a shove with A4s against someone that loose is not incorrect. I even ran this by one of the PokerVT pros and he said the shove was fine against a loose player who I thought would fold. PokerStars - $6+$0.50|200/400 NL (9 max) - Holdem - 7 playersHand converted by PokerTracker 3BB: 4,865.00UTG: 2,400.00UTG+1: 9,930.00MP: 3,805.00CO: 7,670.00BTN: 5,725.00Hero (SB): 5,320.00BB posts ante 25.00, UTG posts ante 25.00, UTG+1 posts ante 25.00, MP posts ante 25.00, CO posts ante 25.00, BTN posts ante 25.00, Hero posts ante 25.00, Hero posts SB 200.00, BB posts BB 400.00Pre Flop: (775.00) Hero has 4:spade: A:spade: fold, fold, fold, fold, BTN calls 400.00, Hero raises to 5,295.00 and is all-in, BB calls 4,440.00 and is all-in, foldFlop: (10255.00, 2 players) 3:heart: K:club: 4:club: Turn: (10255.00, 2 players) Q:diamond: River: (10255.00, 2 players) 9:diamond: Hero shows 4:spade: A:spade: (One Pair, Fours) (PreFlop 30%, Flop 9%, Turn 5%)BB shows A:diamond: K:diamond: (One Pair, Kings) (PreFlop 70%, Flop 91%, Turn 95%)BB wins 10,255.00This thread is about the women's league not this stupid petty argument between us.

Well 2010 is over looks like I might of finished in 5th or 6th for the month, and 22 for the year not bad for only playing in the league 3 months of 5, 2 months top 10. congrats to Lisa for finishing top 10 I think 7th for the yearly wtg girldon't mind lurbz too much Lisa he is the forums troll

[ ] $6.50 45 mans are MTTs[x] Comment about Women's League makes this relevant[ ] Hard to figure out Lurbz = Jebron[x] You're still an idiot[ ] A4s is a good move there

[ ] $6.50 45 mans are MTTs[x] Comment about Women's League makes this relevant[ ] Hard to figure out Lurbz = Jebron[x] You're still an idiot[ ] A4s is a good move there
and your still a troll, go back into hiding pls
[ ] You don't do these enough.[ ] People are glad to have you back.
[ ] Comment about Women's League makes you a sexist jerk[ ] Going on and on about someone's very slightly -EV play makes you look like a fish[ ] Calling someone an idiot for apparently no good reason makes you look like an ass[ ] Having two accounts on FCP proves you are a troll[X ] All of the above

re pokerstars blog dated Dec 31http://www.pokerstarsblog.com/pokerstars_w...men-077107.htmlPokerStars Women » PokerStars newsby Rebekah Mercer on December 31, 2010 4:51 AMps_news_thn.jpgI'm not one to argue with Daniel Negreanu about poker. Never have, never will. The man knows poker and is an international poker celebrity and a spokesperson for PokerStars around the world. So when he made some comments about women in poker recently my ears perked up--especially when he was talking about the women at PokerStars specifically. Now Daniel is known for speaking his mind and letting the chips fall where they may (couldn't resist) and this time is no different. His candid remarks may offend some people (only the fifty percent or so of the population who aren't women) when they are picked up by the media, but I'm happy to report that this time, it certainly won't be women. This time what he said may get the guys a bit steamed, but what's a little tilting here and there? It's all part of the game, right?So what did he say already? Daniel gets the ball rolling by saying that the "breakout player of the year" was Vanessa Selbst, which came as no surprise if you have been following her amazing success this year. With cashes totaling almost $3M this year, she is a hands-down favorite for that title. As a result, Daniel called her the "team MVP." Vanessa's two major tournament wins this year and her other ITM deep finishes have certainly pushed her to the top tier of that elite group. So that, in and of itself, is a great accomplishment for Vanessa and a very impressive accolade for the women on the team.But what really surprised me and maybe Daniel himself was the quote that followed. He did some analysis of the PokerStars Team Pro members for 2010 overall, and here's the quote that got my attention: "Another thing I found interesting is how badly the PokerStars boys were outplayed by the women!" Now that's a quote that is bound to get some attention in the press, so as the editor of the PokerStars Women site, I want to be the first to run with it! Daniel is recognizing the incredible strides that women on the team are making and going so far as to say that the men were "outplayed" by the women. Now that's news!daniel_negreanu_men_vs_women.JPGThis all came about when Daniel (as he puts it, "a full-fledged stats geek") began analyzing his stats, along with those of the other Team PokerStars Pro members. What he found was that of the top ten players on the team in 2010 (based on earnings) the top two spots were held by women (Vanessa Selbst and Liv Boeree respectively) and Vanessa Rousso brought in the third top ten ranking, just behind Daniels' eighth place finish. This is an incredible feat, considering that women usually make up less than five percent of the field in big open events and represent only seven out of seventy-five spots on the team.Daniel calls them as he sees them, and his comments are sure to bring home the message to everyone in the poker community that this was the " year of the woman," after all, and for PokerStars female pros in particular, it was a very good yearComment made by budda, my guess it is Annie DukeBuddha | December 31, 2010 8:21 AM | ReplyHmmm still find it quite entertaining after the comments he made to the press. How Pokerstars publicly apologized for his actions. Then a Pokerstars Women is created. Then Daniel makes the comment on the Year of the Women. Now that's CYA! I think to settle this the "other woman" should play Daniel heads up.My replyAnnie Duke is no prize Budda, she claims to be the best in the world of lady poker players. I hate to tell you she is far from it. I am not a fan of hers at all. In fact she does not respectfully represent women in poker. If you look at the other ladies such as Vanessa Selbst, Liv Boree, Vanessa Russo + countless others who in fact promote women players, then you will know. Daniel's blog was spot on and He does give credit to women players. Even Linda Johnson, Kathy Liebert JoJo Liu, Annette Obrestad are much better than her. Get it over Annie.

Annie Duke is no prize Budda, she claims to be the best in the world of lady poker players. I hate to tell you she is far from it. I am not a fan of hers at all. In fact she does not respectfully represent women in poker. If you look at the other ladies such as Vanessa Selbst, Liv Boree, Vanessa Russo + countless others who in fact promote women players, then you will know. Daniel's blog was spot on and He does give credit to women players. Even Linda Johnson, Kathy Liebert JoJo Liu, Annette Obrestad are much better than her. Get it over Annie.
rcgs no offense, but who are you to say that these players are better than Annie Duke, how do you know? Do you have experience playing with them?