Pokerstars Women Poker League Shaping Up

Congratulations on the win!!!! Looking to getting one of my own!!! GL
thx and gl and tidI hope to meet you down there
While I commend Rose for her victory and her showing in the womens events, i have to say I am against it..While a womans event is ok when its live, but an online womans event is open to huge problems.I am pretty sure that a lot of these "women" are guys playing for their wives or girlfriends..What proof is there that everyone playing is a woman.Its very simple for me to open up a Pokerstars account for my wife and play under her name.When she wins, she can go play in the actual trip.Come to think of it this bodes well for Rose who is a player, where she might play against women in the live tourney that have never played poker before. I want to reiterate that I commend Rose and the rest of you women for you fine poker skills, however dont think an online womens tourney should be allowed.
SergeMaybe there is a small or slim chance of that happening but the consequences if getting caught are being banned for life and your accounts frozen. They clearly state any male who wins a prize will be excluded.If they play for their wife or girlfriend etc thus win then they play,then it makes them an easy target because they may not have the skills some of us other women do have. I spoken to a few of these talented ladies and there are some very good players. We talk on skype, yahoo, and I have some of them as friends on FB. There are some platinum, , silver, supernova's in our ranks. Dixi and I also research a few players too into there backgrounds ex: madgenta is Melissia Castello a Poker announcer, and reporter. We google our competition. Not saying it may not be perfect but it's a small step to get more women playing, thus getting them into bigger games. Also Kobe told me when he railed my game last night he thought it was more aggressive than a normal MTT. Perhaps because we need to show we can play and be aggressive. but also there are those donkey players and sometimes you need to get very aggressive to move them off a hand. I seen to many river chasers and ace rag callers. Perhaps it's a small step to get the ladies more involved in learning, I certainly hope so. There are some bet sizing issues, limpers galore, and some illogical calls I have seen but you just wait it out get to know them by taking notes, most of all be patient. it's new lets see where and how it works, your are entitled to your opinion but I am glad there is this league, I am, actually enjoying it to be honest.
  • Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

if $5000 isn't 5000 then what is (5000)?

ty for my new sig

thx TJmiss you around here :club:

new poker Stars bloghttp://www.pokerstarsblog.com/2010/pokerst...-up-075669.htmlOctober's second place winner, rcgs59, just started playing in the leagues but managed to make a huge splash at the end of the month, moving up from 55th mid-month. error it was 3rd

Serge,I agree there is room for men to play as their girlfriend, wife etc but I don't think overall it's happening enough to be a problem. I've played in the league since the very beginning and I started playing because I thought the field would be pretty soft and for the most part it is. I even got accused of being a man early on and pretty much took it as a compliment. I've actually never been a big fan of women only games and never cared to play in them before but the women's league has changed my mind and it's made me a better player. I've been amazed how many women I've met who started playing online because of the PokerStars Women's League who never played online before. I've made many friends through the league and gotten involved in several women's poker groups. I look forward to playing every night and I never thought I'd be saying these words. So many women just aren't comfortable playing against men and I commend PokerStars for starting this league.

Serge,I agree there is room for men to play as their girlfriend, wife etc but I don't think overall it's happening enough to be a problem. I've played in the league since the very beginning and I started playing because I thought the field would be pretty soft and for the most part it is. I even got accused of being a man early on and pretty much took it as a compliment. I've actually never been a big fan of women only games and never cared to play in them before but the women's league has changed my mind and it's made me a better player. I've been amazed how many women I've met who started playing online because of the PokerStars Women's League who never played online before. I've made many friends through the league and gotten involved in several women's poker groups. I look forward to playing every night and I never thought I'd be saying these words. So many women just aren't comfortable playing against men and I commend PokerStars for starting this league.
I'd do it, if I could wear women's underwear, which I do sometimes anyway. (It's just a better fit!)
  • 3 weeks later...

Well here are some updates for November endNovember 14 satelliteThe third final on November 14th was the largest with 70 players and four packages at stake. By the time the event was five-handed, two players were significantly shorter stacked than the rest of the field, vivavla (about 16,000 chips) and courtiebee (about 14,000 chips). In the critical hand, goodberry on the button limped, vivavla completed her small blind and the big blind, rcgs59 checked. The flop came K-6-Q rainbow.Vivavla bet out, rcgs59 folded and goodberry raised all in. Vivavla made the call with K-9 and saw some bad news; goodberry had K-Q for top two. Runner-runner was not to be and the other short stack got to pop the champagne. Rose Christine G. "Rcgs59" from Hamilton, Canada, Courtney Gee "courtiebee" from Surrey, Canada, goodberry from Bryn Mawr, USA and vonki from Borlange, Sweden all earned packages. http://www.pokerstarsblog.com/2010/ten-pla...d-s-076147.htmlhttp://www.pokerstars.com/poker/promotions/wpl/rankings/Rankings Dixi finished in 9th for November and I finished in 29thFor the Big Yearly, Lisa aka diamonddixi is 5th and I am in 35th, also remember October was my 1st month, and the league started in August. but gl and tid Dixi for the Yearly have a great month girl you can do ithttp://www.pokerstars.com/poker/promotions...ankings/yearly/

I just realized there is an error in the title.
pfff
update you're blog!
updated
updated
Your blog taught me that Super System 1 and 2 were actually written by Dan Harrington, and not Doyle Brunson and Co. like I stupidly thought...
Your blog taught me that Super System 1 and 2 were actually written by Dan Harrington, and not Doyle Brunson and Co. like I stupidly thought...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super/Systemhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harrington_on_Hold_%27em
http://www.pokerstars.com/poker/promotions/wpl/rankings/ranked in 2nd right now and just picked up another 16 points tonight

Latest blog and rankingshttp://www.pokerstars.com/poker/promotions/wpl/rankings/http://www.pokerstarsblog.com/pokerstars_w...kin-076475.htmlA Day in the Life of a League Player: Rose "rcgs59" GRose "rcgs59" G started playing poker at 18 after joining in a man's poker game at a family owned bar. Not only was she able to keep up but quickly figured out that she could beat them and more importantly to her game today, could figure out how they played just by watching and studying them."The men were very upset and told me women did not belong playing poker. I was given a very hard time; I guess because they just did not know how to read me," she says. After a long break from playing poker on a serious level, Rose is back and willing to let PokerStars Women follow along with her during her play in league games.Week 1: While the WSOP was playing in the background Rose was up for her first game of the week. Still in level one of the game, Rose found herself heads up against Sphinx2009 with Pocket kings. The Ace on the flop gave Sphinx, who held Ad Qs, the top pair with a huge kicker. Not to be deterred Rose called to hit another king on the river. Later in the same game Rose's pocket 8s hit a set on the flop to take out both Magellan50 and Tazwoman75. Rose felt the pressure of the final table chip leader and being card dead and felt she made some mistakes. "But that is how the game rolls; you just forget about it, learn from it and move on," she says of her 5th place finish.Week 2: Rose spent most of week two celebrating. She had a lot to celebrate after winning a seat to the Luxury Ladies Poker Event at the PCA in January! She will be one of the lucky ladies enjoying the beaches and the poker room at the Atlantis in January. She caught her breath and slowed down long enough to play again in the ladies tournaments in week two, but then hit a slow run in the league." The last few nights I go deep and then when I have a decent PP, like QQ or good cards it seems that seem to get riverized. Hopefully that streak will end soon," she says of her bad run.Week 3: After a frustrating climb to the bubble, in which she folded pocket queens to imFROMTHESKY's all in bet after the turn on a 5d 2h Kh 7s board, Rose went out of the tournament in 22nd place when her two pair could not hold up against Attract$$531's A J after two jacks hit the board. By mid-week Rose found herself back in her poker zone and finished in 8th place for a $17.67 pay out.Week 4: In the last week of the month, Rose ran into bad luck early. In the first hand she raised with AK when Mahgenta raised all-in. Rose folded to the bet not wanting to lose her whole stack in the first hand. Two hands later her QQ ran into Indica1222's KK. The final game was not to be either. Her pocket Aces were cracked by a set of threes.In closing Rose says, "I am a plain silly girl at times but one thing is for sure, I will not stop playing this game. The best part of the league is the friends I have made, and grown to enjoy the competitive fun I have playing with them."A special thank you to Rose for working with PokerStars Women, and we wish her the very best at the PCA and in her poker future.

Place USD Division Points 1 rcgs59 76 2 pokernana81 723 FaBluffy 71 4 LauraFelix 69 5 Gwyneth2112 626 RushRising 61 7 Debiloki 58 8 2swild007 56 9 bluejay11 54 10 Tazwoman75 52http://www.pokerstars.com/poker/promotions/wpl/rankings/

please tell me the women's event at PCA will be played on kitchen tables with an actual soup pot in the middle
It was funnier when you emailed that to Stars, kinda fell flat here. 3.5/10
Keep it up Rose.
thx :club:
please tell me the women's event at PCA will be played on kitchen tables with an actual soup pot in the middle
So horribly sexist, shame on you. Of course I hope most of the women in the Stars league cook a lot better than they play poker. If not they have some starving families.
So horribly sexist, shame on you. Of course I hope most of the women in the Stars league cook a lot better than they play poker. If not they have some starving families.
Way to call him sexist, then pretty much validate what he said...
Make more awful 10 bb reships in my sngs pls, I like donations from people like you with illusions of skillHope you can cook!