You Might Be A Christian If.....

If you hold that survival of the fittest is a foundational underpinning of evolution, yet abhor it when practiced by humans, you might be an atheist.
If I murder my children because "God told me to do it," is religion to blame or am I insane and delusional? Was Hitler an amazing evolutionary scientist or was he tyrannically insane and delusional?
  • Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you understand that evolution by way of natural selection is a scientific fact, but force yorself to deny it because it conflicts with the version of truth you've signed up for in advance, you might be a christian.

That doesn't even make sense. I had absolutely nothing to do with my being born with the ability to become intelligent.
But you know some people are smarter than others.They join in groups, like MENSA.They are very full of themselves.And we've already established that standing up at a Foxworthy concert and yelling: "That doesn't make sense" is lame.
If you understand that evolution by way of natural selection is a scientific fact, but force yorself to deny it because it conflicts with the version of truth you've signed up for in advance, you might be a christian.
If you believe that evolution by natural selection is a scientific fact...

If you believe that wings formed slowly over millions of years and were considered beneficial to the animal while still being unusable...

If you think that the billions of followers of other religions are blatantly wrong, are mistaken, are even delusional even in their beliefs, and you acknowledge that the reason they believe in their false religion is because it's how they were raised and how they grew up in their specific culture, but at the same time you hold that your specific religious beliefs are unequivocally, historically true despite the fact that you came to them by the very same cultural means that 'false' believers have come to theirs, and yet you don't question why you believe those things or whether or not you could be just as 'delusional' as 80-90% of the rest of the world, you might be a Christian.
What if you were raised in an agnostic home and became a Christian through seeking the truth?

If you have ever watched TBN and thought that sending a guy $10 for a wallet that God will never allow to be empty is a good financial plan for retirement...

If you start new threads with lots of links that nobody ever goes to and can't figure out why your success rate at conversion is equivalent to the chances of winning the lottery using only tickets that have been discarded in the trash behind 7-11 on thursdays....

What if you were raised in an agnostic home and became a Christian through seeking the truth?
That still doesn't show me why your idea of "the truth" would be more likely to be correct than the version of "the truth" that 90% of the rest of the world has arrived at by the same means as you but which is incompatible with your "truth."
The Bible told me so?
Other ancient holy books say other things. By what means have you decided that the Bible is the correct book? Does it just feel true? Don't you think all other religions deeply feel that their books are true?
Other ancient holy books say other things. By what means have you decided that the Bible is the correct book? Does it just feel true? Don't you think all other religions deeply feel that their books are true?
I am convinced the Bible we have is accurate to the original and that the prophecies that it predicted have come to pass. It's supernatural origin is shown to be true through its prophecies.I believe that it is reasonable for the Creator to want to speak to His creation, and I see the problems of life dealt with in a manner that makes sense.I believe that God has shown Himself to me enough times to warrant my faith.And I believe that if anyone asks God to show Himself to them, He will meet them on a level they need to be met on.

If you say grace over your value meal at McDonalds, then avoid the homeless guy in the parking lot...Too many sixes in a number makes you nervousYou think, "Smile, Jesus loves you,” is a valid cure for depressionYou don't understand why everyone can't see the truths in the bible as clearly as you can

If you say grace over your value meal at McDonalds, then avoid the homeless guy in the parking lot...Too many sixes in a number makes you nervousYou think, "Smile, Jesus loves you,” is a valid cure for depressionYou don't understand why everyone can't see the truths in the bible as clearly as you can
I can't lie.Two of these really hit home.
I am convinced the Bible we have is accurate to the original and that the prophecies that it predicted have come to pass. It's supernatural origin is shown to be true through its prophecies.
Weren't most of the prophecies fulfilled a long long long time ago? If a book from 2,000 years ago tells me that there were all these prophecies and then tells me how those prophecies were fulfilled, well I don't see how that's proof of anything. Can you list me some specific prophecies that have come to pass, and can be verified as occurring and having occurred after the prophecy of that event was written? Nostrodamus was famously prophetic too, but I don't attribute any supernatural abilities to him. His style of throwing a thousand darts at a dart board kind of ensured him that some of them would be bullseyes. They're also open to various interpretations.Most of the prophecies I've heard of in the Bible involve events in ancient times. And I think the Bible tells of Jesus' second coming and also the Armageddon - those are the most famous prophecies I've heard of. Are there any similar, enormous events that were prophesied a long time ago and subsequently came true?
Weren't most of the prophecies fulfilled a long long long time ago? If a book from 2,000 years ago tells me that there were all these prophecies and then tells me how those prophecies were fulfilled, well I don't see how that's proof of anything. Can you list me some specific prophecies that have come to pass, and can be verified as occurring and having occurred after the prophecy of that event was written? Nostrodamus was famously prophetic too, but I don't attribute any supernatural abilities to him. His style of throwing a thousand darts at a dart board kind of ensured him that some of them would be bullseyes. They're also open to various interpretations.Most of the prophecies I've heard of in the Bible involve events in ancient times. And I think the Bible tells of Jesus' second coming and also the Armageddon - those are the most famous prophecies I've heard of. Are there any similar, enormous events that were prophesied a long time ago and subsequently came true?
The book of Daniel prophesied the next 4 world powers, From Babylon, to the Medo-Persians to the Greeks under Alexander, to the splitting of them into 4 smaller ones to the Romans, describing them in a manner that is pretty awesome.The only way this can be discounted by secular scholars is to date Daniel much much later, but archeological discoveries show that the writer of Daniel had knowledge of the make up of the Babylonian capital and their customs in a manner not possible to the people of later days.Also in Daniel is the prophecy that there would be 69 'weeks' from the declaration to rebuild the Temple until the coming of Messiah. The weeks here mean 7 years. Given the 360 day calender of the time, this would make the time from the rebuilding till the Messiah to be 476 years as described by our calender.The decree to rebuild was given in 444BC by King Artaxerxes, 476 years later was 33 AD, the time Christ returned to Jerusalem and was crucified for the sins of the world. ( year zero comes into play to get exact year)The city of Tyre was prophesied to be not only destroyed, but every stone removed from the city in Ezekiel 26:4 , and it would never be rebuilt.The city was destroyed by someone, and the survivors relocated to an island for Tyre 2.When Alexander the Great came to destroy Tyre2, he took all the stones from the old city and threw them into the sea to build a causeway that allowed his army to march and destroy Tyre1. It has not been rebuilt. The stones still lay in the water.There are more, but these are what comes to mind quickly.Clarence Larkin drew same crazy cool charts of the prophecies of Daniel that were pretty cool