Looking For Input On A Kindle Or A Nook

I am looking into buy a kindle or a nook.Was just wandering if anybody had one and could give some input.Also does anybody know what poker books Ican put on it. Also may buy a Ipad would like some input on this.

Wife had a long battle trying to figure out what to buy, kindle or nook. She chose the kindle and hasn't put the damn thing down since she got it.I am not going to look up all poker books for you. Just go to Amazon or Barnes and Noble and look.
this sentence applies to my gf too.

At least they've brought the prices down a little, but I still don't think I could justify buying a single function technology product. If you haven't actually had a chance to check out the iPad, go look at and touch one. I do like the functionality and feel of the Kindle (haven't seen a Nook yet). But the iPad is just all that and more. My wife's friend is loaning her a Nook for a test drive - but it is only available for a loaner since the woman got an iPad and hasn't put it down since it arrived.

At least they've brought the prices down a little, but I still don't think I could justify buying a single function technology product. If you haven't actually had a chance to check out the iPad, go look at and touch one. I do like the functionality and feel of the Kindle (haven't seen a Nook yet). But the iPad is just all that and more. My wife's friend is loaning her a Nook for a test drive - but it is only available for a loaner since the woman got an iPad and hasn't put it down since it arrived.
My wife of course wanted an iPad but she has a touch and a laptop. It's pointless. But for her the kindle is a space and $ saver. She buys books like I buy gas for my car. We don't have anymore room in the house for more books so this works perfectly and the books are cheaper digitally.
At least they've brought the prices down a little, but I still don't think I could justify buying a single function technology product.
This is my problem with it. Get it under, say, $50 and I'll consider it. But with a wave of Android tablets coming out soon (with free Kindle software in the app store), and all the phones that have reasonable displays, I'd rather pick one or the other over a single function book reader. Advantage to the book readers: better display under all lighting conditions. Still, don't charge me for a product that allows me to buy stuff from you. Or, if I have to pay, give me a bunch of free books with it that makes up for the cost.

You likely would be happy with either.My wife is not techy at all and thought anything "computerish" would confuse and/or frustrate her.We chose the 8-inch (? size) Kindle as it's pretty easy to use and has the best screen for reading bar none (till others copy it anyway). It uses actual ink that is manipulated electronically to form text and needs no source of lighting from the device itself to view. It's like reading a newspaper, black on white. Easy peasy.and, like other have said here, she can't put the damn thing down. There is no one perfect device but for mainly just reading, the Kindle, for the moment, wins this war imo.

Wife has the Nook and swears by it. Always has it with her and reads it almost every night, at least before bed.I did alot of research on both and decided to go with the Nook for her and we both have no regrets.

Advantage to the book readers: better display under all lighting conditions. Still, don't charge me for a product that allows me to buy stuff from you. Or, if I have to pay, give me a bunch of free books with it that makes up for the cost.
There are tons of free books available for the kindle and I am sure the nook as well. Many of the classics are free actually. My wife is reading Crime and Punishment which she dl'ed free. Plus $139 Kindle is cheaper than 4 new book shelves and an addition to the house.
There are tons of free books available for the kindle and I am sure the nook as well. Many of the classics are free actually. My wife is reading Crime and Punishment which she dl'ed free. Plus $139 Kindle is cheaper than 4 new book shelves and an addition to the house.
Is there a Napster download place for these yet?Cause I can't wait to see Random House and Gangster Records joining forces to take on the internet.
Am I the only one who had no idea what a kindle or a nook was? I thought this was a joke thread until I googled it.
I thought it had something to do with sewing. My wife sews and it sounded like something she would use ... apparently I am very behind on the tech world
Is there a Napster download place for these yet?Cause I can't wait to see Random House and Gangster Records joining forces to take on the internet.
I don't know. I just know that there are thousands of free books to choose from and most new books are $9.99 as opposed to $20 at the store. Some books are like $3.99 on Kindle and $8.99 in store. or 7.99 in kindle and $14 in store.If you are an avid reader you make up that whopping $139 pretty quickly. Plus it does other things. You can get magazines on it as well. I think my wife got the Times Lit. Supplement and the New Yorker subscription on her kindle for way less than cover cost and normal subscription cost and you don't have any of the annoying ads from what I saw.
I thought it had something to do with sewing. My wife sews and it sounded like something she would use ... apparently I am very behind on the tech world
lolYou also haven't been to amazon.com in a years since the kindle is the main item they have for sale on the home page.

They should have an online library where you can download the books and then return them and check out another one and it all is paid for by our tax dollars.

If you have a nook you can go to any Barnes and Noble and dl and read any book for free as long as you are in the store. I don't quite get that though. Why not just grab the book off the shelf and read it and save yourself $199.

They should have an online library where you can download the books and then return them and check out another one and it all is paid for by our tax dollars.
You're going to make a fine democrat some dayVold, what in your research made you choose the Nook over the Kindle?
I don't know. I just know that there are thousands of free books to choose from and most new books are $9.99 as opposed to $20 at the store. Some books are like $3.99 on Kindle and $8.99 in store. or 7.99 in kindle and $14 in store.If you are an avid reader you make up that whopping $139 pretty quickly. Plus it does other things. You can get magazines on it as well. I think my wife got the Times Lit. Supplement and the New Yorker subscription on her kindle for way less than cover cost and normal subscription cost and you don't have any of the annoying ads from what I saw. lolYou also haven't been to amazon.com in a years since the kindle is the main item they have for sale on the home page.
I don't know that i have ever just gone to the Amazon homepage. If anything, I would google a book and then if amazon was one of the results I would click on it. Yes, I know that I am fully behind the times.
I don't know that i have ever just gone to the Amazon homepage. If anything, I would google a book and then if amazon was one of the results I would click on it. Yes, I know that I am fully behind the times.
Amazon sells books?