needed tables to fill out, figured why not do the dirty dollar for shits and giggles, and thins came up. yes i know it is thin at best, but was this a total spew?Full Tilt Poker Daily Dollar No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t500/t1000 Blinds + t125 - 9 players - View hand 961386DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History ConverterUTG: t8220 M = 3.13UTG+1: t14274 M = 5.44Hero (UTG+2): t71900 M = 27.39MP1: t12239 M = 4.66MP2: t44792 M = 17.06CO: t42674 M = 16.26BTN: t36561 M = 13.93SB: t26309 M = 10.02BB: t33622 M = 12.81Pre Flop: (t2625) Hero is UTG+2 with 8 :3h A :club:2 folds, Hero raises to t2455, 1 fold, MP2 raises to t5000, 2 folds, SB calls t4500, 1 fold, Hero calls t2545* ok so i normally just fold, but i just made the money and really would like to try and just get some chips to make this worth playing tbh, and the odds from the min 3 bet and the cold call donk, figured i couldnt fold preFlop: (t17125) 7 :ts T :4h A :5c(3 players)SB checks, Hero checks, MP2 bets t8500, SB folds, Hero raises to t66775 all in, MP2 calls t31167 all inSo i hit, now i figured this villain is cbetting 100% the time here, so my thinking was i can fold, and the effective stack is short enough that calling is kinda out of the question, so was this fine? again this hole hand is just more and more reason to just fold pre. i know. what can i say, its the end my session i would rather bust or get a crap load of chips. i dont think its god awful tbh, but it may be.

for now on, im disregarding further nlhe strat advice from you(sw- fold pre/thread )
wow that was pretty harsh,.... i mean come on man i said its a standard fold pre usuallyoh and btw steve, im a 31% roi over my full tracking on FTP, including like 2 years where i didnt have a f*cking clue, that was f*cking mean. i dont normally make this open, or play this tourny for that matter, so seriously please be nice. this place is so slow on volume,.... dont get pissed.like seriously what is wrong with trying to figure out what i should have done after a mistake? come on man.

I'd open up your range with hands other than A8o when youre gonna get called in a lot of spots like I expect will happen in a $1 tournament. It's probably okay on a really tight table that isn't playing back much.vs the 3 bet.........meh.........v good price....never a nice postflop spot (as seen here). I think the call is probably okay but I don't hate a fold.Postflop depends a lot on MP but it's pretty bad. Your shove folds out all worse hands and gets called by better hands pretty much always.This is absolute suicide vs most people since they're just gonna be bet/snapping off all better hands which make up a lot of their range (AJ+/sets) and you are drawing very thin against all of that. Alot of people will check back JJ-KK in a 3 way pot here too. You're better of check calling if you think he is 3 betting a lot and let him barrel off his bluffs (I imagine a player who 3 bets a lot and 3 barrel bluffs is somewhat rare in the daily dollar)...however you probably shouldn't be opening A8o if there's a player like that to act behind.

I'd open up your range with hands other than A8o when youre gonna get called in a lot of spots like I expect will happen in a $1 tournament. It's probably okay on a really tight table that isn't playing back much.vs the 3 bet.........meh.........v good price....never a nice postflop spot (as seen here). I think the call is probably okay but I don't hate a fold.Postflop depends a lot on MP but it's pretty bad. Your shove folds out all worse hands and gets called by better hands pretty much always.This is absolute suicide vs most people since they're just gonna be bet/snapping off all better hands which make up a lot of their range (AJ+/sets) and you are drawing very thin against all of that. Alot of people will check back JJ-KK in a 3 way pot here too. You're better of check calling if you think he is 3 betting a lot and let him barrel off his bluffs (I imagine a player who 3 bets a lot and 3 barrel bluffs is somewhat rare in the daily dollar)...however you probably shouldn't be opening A8o if there's a player like that to act behind.
would you c/f flop then? i mean the pot is 25.6K, and he has 31k left after the cbet. every time i call the flop im going to more or less get priced in to being screwed postflop. if i have the best hand now, i really would hate to see a FD and really be forced to make a kinda hero fold ( i guess not really in a tourny like this bc villains arent going to be bluffing flushes). *** edit******you know what this is where i f*cked up worse imo. i can get away after calling a bet on the flop. i got a little very lazy about my plan for the hand and what could happen on later streets********I mean i think your right i was too hopeful on his cbet % bc i was at the time thinking he is firing all his hands he is 3 betting with, and he doesnt have to have an A every time. I mean should i have small donk bet folded flop? Granted this hand is hard bc i shouldn't be playing it. which i have admitted, in fact the second i saw the 3 bet i went sh*t why did i open this, but the cold caller made me feel priced in with an A to at least see the flop considering i was getting 3.2 to 1 odds on a call there.*** btw thank you highway for not being a d*ck, i think you know i normally dont make this open, so thanks for your time and input******
wow that was pretty harsh,.... i mean come on man i said its a standard fold pre usuallyoh and btw steve, im a 31% roi over my full tracking on FTP, including like 2 years where i didnt have a f*cking clue, that was f*cking mean. i dont normally make this open, or play this tourny for that matter, so seriously please be nice. this place is so slow on volume,.... dont get pissed.like seriously what is wrong with trying to figure out what i should have done after a mistake? come on man.
in an attempt to avoid the hijacking of your thread i'll make this brief-- I made the comment in jest & assumed you'd pick up on it... even left a (Sarcasm Warning) at the end. Sorry if you took offense. As for the hand, you're getting a good price PF. C/C the flop to keep his bluffs in. Assuming you have a HUD (and this is where im clueless as a LOLive player), use his post flop aggro stat or W/E to make the best choice.i wonder if you're better off just 4betting pre rather than winding up in a gross spot like this. ..
Pre Flop: (t2625) Hero is UTG+2 with 8 :ts A :club:2 folds, Hero raises to t2455, 1 fold, MP2 raises to t5000, 2 folds, SB calls t4500, 1 fold, Hero calls t2545* ok so i normally just fold, but i just made the money and really would like to try and just get some chips to make this worth playing tbh, and the odds from the min 3 bet and the cold call donk, figured i couldnt fold pre
I don't think your pot odds really matter in a spot where you have bad reverse implied odds.Not to mention, that if you do flop a TP type hand, you're never going to be totally comfortable playing for stacks.I just fold it pre tbh
in an attempt to avoid the hijacking of your thread i'll make this brief-- I made the comment in jest & assumed you'd pick up on it... even left a (Sarcasm Warning) at the end. Sorry if you took offense. As for the hand, you're getting a good price PF. C/C the flop to keep his bluffs in. Assuming you have a HUD (and this is where im clueless as a LOLive player), use his post flop aggro stat or W/E to make the best choice.i wonder if you're better off just 4betting pre rather than winding up in a gross spot like this. ..
did know sw means sarcasm warning,... wow i look even more dumb.