The Official 2010 Election Thread

We are really stretching the word vilified a lot now.I wish people would stop vilifying Barack Obama for being born in Hawaii and producing a copy of his birth certificate.

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WEAK vb... very weak. It's obvious that she has been vilified for saying that she could see Russia from her house. Her actual quote is totally different.
Is it? I think what she actually said is pretty deserving of ridicule.
We are really stretching the word vilified a lot now.
Maybe you don't know the definition?
I wish people would stop vilifying Barack Obama for being born in Hawaii and producing a copy of his birth certificate.
Do you think he hasn't been? I certainly think he has.
Is there any more substance to the Tea Party Movement than "taxes are bad and booooooo healthcare?" I mean, I don't know how to have a rational discussion about taxes with somebody (you) who thinks public schooling is a terrible idea.
You may want to get your information from somewhere other than talking heads on TV. It's a bit more complicated than that.As for the public schooling comment, I don't know anyone who personally believes that public schooling is a terrible idea. On the other hand, I don't know any sane person who thinks that sending money to Washington, let them take a cut, then send a fraction of it back with strings attached, is somehow a net gain compared to just using the money locally. It doesn't make any sense at all.So that's your objection to the Tea Parties -- some ridiculous characterization you heard on TV?
Angle will win that race by 3% minus the level of voter fraud.
I called that one exactly!For days leading up there were reports that the Reid campaign was busing in Reid-tards to vote from casion unions, with clear instructions on how to vote, not that their job depended on it or anything.Also, there are reports that in union-run districts, the electronic voting machines defaulted to Reid, so that if you didn't specifically change it, it counted as a vote for Reid. Every poll in the last two weeks showed Angle up by at least 3, and he wins by 5? LOL, no shenanigans there.

As if the national results were not bad enough for the Democrats, they actually are not bad compared to the state level.Two state legislatures are in Republican control for the first time since the 1870s. Even "We don't care what you all think, we like Mondale" Minnesota has Republicans in charge of the state House and Senate. Here's an article:Republican tsunamiThis is an unusual Morning Briefing because you need to understand what happened while you’ve been sleeping.Republican gains are massive. And when I say Republican gains are massive, I mean tsunami.No, the GOP did not take the Senate and some races are still outstanding, but the Senate GOP has moved to the right. More so, the Republicans picking up, in the worst case, seven seats is historically strong.But consider that as you wake up this morning the Republican Party has picked up more seats in the House of Representatives than at any time since 1948 — that is more than sixty seats. Ike Skelton, Class of 1976, is gone. Many, many other Democrats are gone.That, in and of itself, is significant. But that’s not the half of it. The real story is the underreported story of the night — the Republican pick ups at the state level.There will be 18 states subject to reapportionment. The Republicans will control a majority of those — at least ten and maybe a dozen or more. More significantly, a minimum of seventeen state legislative houses have flipped to the Republican Party.The North Carolina Legislature is Republican for the first time since 1870. Yes, that is Eighteen Seventy.The Alabama Legislature is Republican for the first time since 1876.For those saying this is nothing because it is the South, consider these:The entire Wisconsin and New Hampshire legislatures have flipped to the GOP by wide margins.The State Houses in Indiana, Pennsylvania, Michigan, Ohio, Iowa, Montana, and Colorado flipped to the GOP.The Maine and Minnesota Senates flipped to the GOP.The Texas and Tennessee Houses went from virtually tied to massive Republican gains. The gains in Texas were so big that the Republicans no longer need the Democrats to get state constitutional amendments out of the state legislature.These gains go all the way down to the municipal level across the nation. That did not happen even in 1994.This was a tsunami.

WEAK vb... very weak. It's obvious that she has been vilified for saying that she could see Russia from her house. Her actual quote is totally different.
No, she was ridiculed for thinking the visibility of Russia from part of her state was relevant to her diplomatic qualifications.
No, she was ridiculed for thinking the visibility of Russia from part of her state was relevant to her diplomatic qualifications.
Does Arizona or California have a different perspective to Mexico's immigration than Vermont?Cause Alaska has air bases who sole reason for existing is because Russia is 50 miles away. Being the governor of a state that deals with the federal government because of its proximity to Russia would probably give a relevant perspective to foreign relations that a guy from Chicago doesn't have.Unless she's a republican of course, then she's just a ditzy woman who should stay home and raise her kids.
I called that one exactly!For days leading up there were reports that the Reid campaign was busing in Reid-tards to vote from casion unions, with clear instructions on how to vote, not that their job depended on it or anything.Also, there are reports that in union-run districts, the electronic voting machines defaulted to Reid, so that if you didn't specifically change it, it counted as a vote for Reid. Every poll in the last two weeks showed Angle up by at least 3, and he wins by 5? LOL, no shenanigans there.
I'm sure that you're joking (tin foil hat anyone) but for those who would take this seriously, below is a link to a much more likely reason why Reid won.http://fivethirtyeight.blogs.nytimes.com/2...ts-latino-vote/This also makes it likely that Rubio will be running sooner rather than later for POTUS - quite a few Republicans that I know aren't sure who will run in two years against Obama but feel that Rubio is the next big thing for the Elephants.
Does Arizona or California have a different perspective to Mexico's immigration than Vermont?
I guess I forgot about all the Russian immigrants flooding into Alaska.
Cause Alaska has air bases who sole reason for existing is because Russia is 50 miles away. Being the governor of a state that deals with the federal government because of its proximity to Russia would probably give a relevant perspective to foreign relations that a guy from Chicago doesn't have.
uhhhh Canada!?!If she has some experience dealing with Russia due to those bases, then that experience might be relevant. However, the visibility of Russia is not.
Unless she's a republican of course, then she's just a ditzy woman who should stay home and raise her kids.
Or, unless she's just a ditzy woman who should probably give raising kids a rest.
I guess I forgot about all the Russian immigrants flooding into Alaska.
Russians already have cold land with hardly any women..why would they brave the cold water to go to another land just like they left?
uhhhh Canada!?!
Uhhh...Mexican immigrants...
If she has some experience dealing with Russia due to those bases, then that experience might be relevant. However, the visibility of Russia is not.
Little known fact, but Sarah used to run covert operations into Siberia to monitor the testing sites of the Nuclear Program and the security of the depleted uranium from the duds and their security. Last thing we need is some muslim willing to die to dig up a couple pounds of bomb ready material...She got the name The Pitbull during one mission when she killed a Russian colonel with her lipstick case.
Or, unless she's just a ditzy woman who should probably give raising kids a rest.
Madam President Palin will have such a wonderful ring to it...
As for the public schooling comment, I don't know anyone who personally believes that public schooling is a terrible idea.
I was a little unclear, and also I might not be correct about your views. I thought that you thought that public schools, as such, shouldn't exist.
So that's your objection to the Tea Parties -- some ridiculous characterization you heard on TV?
I don't even watch tv, aside from the few shows I like. My problem with the Tea Party was represented visually. That's your base, Tea Party. Hilariously uninformed, knee-jerk, angry people who find some therapy or focus for their misplaced anger by believing that the federal government is taking all of their money and burning it. Or, even worse, updating our healthcare system to be comparable to the rest of the 1st world. And giving it to Mexicans probably amirite!
According to the CBO, the highest figure for all federal taxes since 1970 came in the year 2000, when they reached 20.6% of GDP. As we know, after that George W. Bush and Republicans in Congress cut federal taxes; they fell to 18.5% of GDP in 2007, before the recession hit, and 17.5% in 2008.Tuesday's Tea Party crowd, however, thought that federal taxes were almost three times as high as they actually are. The average response was 42% of GDP and the median 40%. The highest figure recorded in all of American history was half those figures: 20.9% at the peak of World War II in 1944.
http://www.forbes.com/2010/03/18/tea-party...e-bartlett.html
This will clear up the Tea Party "crazy" label.Give me a break. Angle specifically antagonized Latino voters in a state with plenty of them and they came out to tell her to go to hell. End of story.I'm glad everyone on this poker forum is excited about Marco "no poker" Rubio but 2016 makes a lot more sense than 2012.
If she has some experience dealing with Russia due to those bases, then that experience might be relevant. However, the visibility of Russia is not.
Help me out here because I haven't been paying attention.Was she actually saying that the visibility of Russia is the basis for her experience dealing with Russia or was she saying we're so close to Russia we can freakin' see it don't you know and obviously we have to deal with Russian issues?
Help me out here because I haven't been paying attention.Was she actually saying that the visibility of Russia is the basis for her experience dealing with Russia or was she saying we're so close to Russia we can freakin' see it don't you know and obviously we have to deal with Russian issues?
She said that even though Obama is claiming vast foreign experience based on his numerous trips to the International House of Pancakes, she ran a state that actually had to deal with a potential hostile neighboring country that was close enough to see.This was based mostly on the Alaskan state pride that they have a little known Jeopardy fact like "Just over 50 miles" and the answer is: "How close is Russia to America?"Its like Florida's favorite fun fact that their highest point of land in their entire state is lower than 500' above sea level.Or Nebraska's fact that more people leave Nebraska every year than actually go to Nebraska...
Yes, true. The actual quote clearly shows she believes the insight that she has regarding Russia due it's proximity is that she can see it. Maybe she doesn't know what 'insight' means, or just thought it was two separate words.
Yes, true. The actual quote clearly shows she believes the insight that she has regarding Russia due it's proximity is that she can see it. Maybe she doesn't know what 'insight' means, or just thought it was two separate words.
What was funny is that she was the VP candidate of the underdog, and she was expected to have more foreign experience than the other 3 people in the race.
What was funny is that she was the VP candidate of the underdog, and she was expected to have more foreign experience than the other 3 people in the race.
There were other unfair things expected of poor mama grizz:--being able to name a periodical she reads--being able to name a supreme court case she disagrees with--walking and chewing gum at the same timegosh darn lamestream media!
There were other unfair things expected of poor mama grizz:--being able to name a periodical she reads--being able to name a supreme court case she disagrees with--walking and chewing gum at the same timegosh darn lamestream media!
Dude, the fact that you beleive that she really doesn't read any newspaper etc shows how gullible you are to leftist propaganda.She was so heavily coached on what to say and what not to say and thrown into the fray with so much over-prepping she took way to long to think about what she was supposed to say.The McCain camp came out and said this, her camp said this, it makes tons of sense, and it ruins the make-believe little world you democrats have where you are all for women's rights unless they are conservatives, in which case they are stupid bimbo whores who have gotten through life because of their breast size and who have a mattress strapped to their backs.You guys have gone so far from civil when it comes to republican women that it makes me want to join Alan Alda and become a feminist.But, the best democrat women you have is Pelosi and Clinton, so I can see why you hate that most of our republican women are hot...you are jealous.Oh..hey maybe a retard joke would be timely now...or we can call her daughter a slut...I mean its been weeks since you guys have done both those things,....

Honestly, I would not be surprised if she did not read a newspaper because lots of people don't. I'm also not the gullible one here Mr. I believe whatever the campaign says was the reason.I'm glad you have bought the Palin lie that to criticize her is un-civil. Stop trampling my 1st amendment rights by criticizing what I say lamestream media!I really don't judge politicians by looks.Maybe I will make a retard joke! Palin can call for me to be fired out of one side of her mouth and then defend the 1st amendment rights of someone who says n--ger over and over.