Fchl 2 Life Support Thread!

The FCHL 2 forum is no longer accessible for most people so we need to have FCHL 2 discussions here and ASAP.As of yesterday we were informed that Nell is leaving us and we need clear the air.We are looking at a potential site that might be able to suit our needs at Fantrax.com, but we are unsure about how well it can handle our contracts. For now though it could be good enough.We need to get conformations from all the owners for the auction this Sunday at 12 PM EST!We also have to find a replacement for nell!

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

excellent to hear,How is the FCHL going to cope? It seems like moving to Fantrax would require many changes to the format... multi-contracts, buyouts, ties, no-submitted lineups...is the software going to crash at midnight?

excellent to hear,How is the FCHL going to cope? It seems like moving to Fantrax would require many changes to the format... multi-contracts, buyouts, ties, no-submitted lineups...is the software going to crash at midnight?
I have no idea how we are going to work rosters. I made a quick forum though. I think the FCHL site is good till Oct 3. We are finishing up the FA draft now.

In if we can can figure out the long term contracts.I found a way to extend contracts for up to 5 years but we would have to manually input the pay increases each year. This will become hard to track.There will be a few more issues. We won't be able to automatically dock teams 5 GA for no goalies - we would have to change the scores manually. We would also have to change our tie break procedure or manually change that as well. The scheduling is also uncertain - i think we would have to manually change matchups in the playoffs. As you can see, we will have to manually change a lot of things if we want to keep the same rules.There also isn't a good way to keep track of cap or picks for future years

btw...You young kids are spoiled.Back before the interwebz , in the AHL lineups were submitted by phone and left on an answering machine..Not the answering Machines that are digital now, the ones that had actual tape..:club:

btw...You young kids are spoiled.Back before the interwebz , in the AHL lineups were submitted by phone and left on an answering machine..Not the answering Machines that are digital now, the ones that had actual tape..:club:
I remember when we used to be eagerly anticipating Tuesday's newspaper so we could calculate pool standings. Tuesday was the day they listed all the stats for every player.
Apparently 2 days..:club:
btw...You young kids are spoiled.....:ts
That puts a smile on your face? WTF did any of us do to you besides Nell who wouldn't give you his software?Maybe now it's time to bring something up in public since you're willing to kick people when they're down. I haven't been on this forum for a couple years because seeing you flood the board makes me cringe. You are pretty close to a theif in my book. Do you recall one of your high rollers playoff pools that you accepted money for in US dollars and then paid it of in CDN? I know Zach must remember because we PM'd about it back then because the CDN dollar sank 15 or 20 cents. Zach argued and you paid him the difference - meanwhile you ignored my PM's and email to your personal account that I obtained from someone else. So yeah :4h
That puts a smile on your face? WTF did any of us do to you besides Nell who wouldn't give you his software?Maybe now it's time to bring something up in public since you're willing to kick people when they're down. I haven't been on this forum for a couple years because seeing you flood the board makes me cringe. You are pretty close to a theif in my book. Do you recall one of your high rollers playoff pools that you accepted money for in US dollars and then paid it of in CDN? I know Zach must remember because we PM'd about it back then because the CDN dollar sank 15 or 20 cents. Zach argued and you paid him the difference - meanwhile you ignored my PM's and email to your personal account that I obtained from someone else. So yeah :club:
Excuse me??What the ****??
Excuse me??What the ****??
You basically pocketed $60 from the high roller pool by paying out in CDN and not US. It would have been more if Zach didn't convince you to pay him properly. You ignored me while you left the board for good (LOL). PM's, personal emails.... nothing.Now it's out there - since you want to smile about the jam we're in. I don't care about the $60 now. I just wanted to get that out there.Edit: Actually I looked up the history - I paid you $117 CDN for the pool and got paid out $400 CDN./hijackI don't know if Dan is willing to record keep guys. We were up late last night trying to figure out solutions and they were all going to be too much work.
You basically pocketed $60 from the high roller pool by paying out in CDN and not US. It would have been more if Zach didn't convince you to pay him properly. You ignored me while you left the board for good (LOL). PM's, personal emails.... nothing.Now it's out there - since you want to smile about the jam we're in. I don't care about the $60 now. I just wanted to get that out there./hijackI don't know if Dan is willing to record keep guys. We were up late last night trying to figure out solutions and they were all going to be too much work.
FYI, everytime i have kept money for a pool I have lost money..I incur transfer fees from paypal etc..Also FYI I HAVE never ignored an email, also FYI i have no idea what you are talking about the differenceI made a post and put a smilie face on it, it was meant as not to make fun of your little pool..Yes I am pissed off at Nell as many other are..He promised us something two years ago that he couldnt deliver..Your accusations of my character are totally unfounded..If you think I owe you money, show me how much and i will transfer it you ..
FYI, everytime i have kept money for a pool I have lost money..I incur transfer fees from paypal etc..Also FYI I HAVE never ignored an email, also FYI i have no idea what you are talking about the differenceYour accusations of my character are totally unfounded..If you think I owe you money, show me how much and i will transfer it you ..
Lets say you didn't consider the dollar changing. The pool cost 100 US so you accepted 117 CDN at the time. 2nd place was supposed to receive $400 US. You paid me 400 CDN. (You tried paying Zach in CDN as if it was worth the same as US as well - but he argued otherwise and you paid him properly.) You owe me $68 minus whatever fees you incured - which I'm sure the 2nd place guy doesn't pay completely and it still wouldn't come to that much. And yeah, I'm questioning your character. You took forever to pay the money to us at all and then didn't pay it all out. Keep the money - put it towards the fees for your next pool so you don't have to withhold so much from it.And yes, you did ignore your email. I won't post that here.You are a joke.Back to FCHL2 revival please.
Lets say you didn't consider the dollar changing. The pool cost 100 US so you accepted 117 CDN at the time. 2nd place was supposed to receive $400 US. You paid me 400 CDN. (You tried paying Zach in CDN as if it was worth the same as US as well - but he argued otherwise and you paid him properly.) You owe me $68 minus whatever fees you incured - which I'm sure the 2nd place guy doesn't pay completely and it still wouldn't come to that much. And yeah, I'm questioning your character. You took forever to pay the money to us at all and then didn't pay it all out. Keep the money - put it towards the fees for your next pool so you don't have to withhold so much from it.And yes, you did ignore your email. I won't post that here.You are a joke.Back to FCHL2 revival please.
I honestly dont remember anything about this..FYI those emails that you claimed to send was probably the one Zach sent to an account that I never use..I have two personal email accounts that I respond to within seconds of getting emails to..If you want to hash out details, not everyone sent me $100 US , a lot of people sent me $100 Canadian..This happens a lot by the way, and is another reason i lose money holding funds for pools.Some people send me money from Pokerstars(US), some people send money thru paypal(fees), and some people , mostly Canadian send me money thru email. Also others who are friends of mine usually take it off the money I owe them, or give me cash when I see them. I never ask to get exact US conversion.I seriously couldnt give two shits about your $60..I am just pissed off at your attacking of my character on a public board..
I remember when we used to be eagerly anticipating Tuesday's newspaper so we could calculate pool standings. Tuesday was the day they listed all the stats for every player.
I do remember those days!!!!!Now in regards to the character of Serge. I have not had any problems at all and consider him a standup guy (in a crazy Leaf fan kind of way).
That puts a smile on your face? WTF did any of us do to you besides Nell who wouldn't give you his software?Maybe now it's time to bring something up in public since you're willing to kick people when they're down. I haven't been on this forum for a couple years because seeing you flood the board makes me cringe. You are pretty close to a theif in my book. Do you recall one of your high rollers playoff pools that you accepted money for in US dollars and then paid it of in CDN? I know Zach must remember because we PM'd about it back then because the CDN dollar sank 15 or 20 cents. Zach argued and you paid him the difference - meanwhile you ignored my PM's and email to your personal account that I obtained from someone else. So yeah :ts
You sound like my girlfriend. She likes to randomly remember sh*t I did 3 years ago and suddenly get mad at me for it too. If you had an issue with the way Serge handled the situation, you should have dealt with it back when it happened, not randomly explode on him for no reason x number of years later. You just end up looking like an idiot this way.Also, since when does putting a :4h at the end of a post constitute "putting a smile on your face"? I wouldn't be able to post at work if I had to re-enact every smiley that I post. :club: (although it would make things more interesting)

I would happily take on nell's or another team if need be.For the FCBL, we just used a forum and tracked everything with spreadsheets. I don't know how to use googledocs, but I'm guessing it is extremely easy to learn. People used those so everyone could see the spreadsheets.We've just finished Year 1. Other than people having to do a reasonable amount of legwork on the forums, and a few people doing lots of Excel work, it seems pretty clean.We won't have the awesomeness of Nell's site anymore, but we were a bit spoiled there :club:

Yeah it wasn't that hard. Sure I would love to hav a fully automated system but for free you can get all of this...Forums:http://fcpbl.activeboard.com/index.sparkStandings and team pages listing picks and cap:http://sbriand.wordpress.com/Rosters are on google docs:http://tinyurl.com/2fp4ud8You need one person to man rosters and keep an eye on the transactions thread and update. Then you need someone to keep score. Hockey scoring is way easier than baseball imo.You could also set up a yahoo fantasy hockey league and manually enter each teams roster and use it for daily lineups. That is what we did. So on a game day we set our roster on yahoo so for it ease of use as opposed to creating threads each day hoping people can post in time.

I would happily take on nell's or another team if need be.For the FCBL, we just used a forum and tracked everything with spreadsheets. I don't know how to use googledocs, but I'm guessing it is extremely easy to learn. People used those so everyone could see the spreadsheets.We've just finished Year 1. Other than people having to do a reasonable amount of legwork on the forums, and a few people doing lots of Excel work, it seems pretty clean.We won't have the awesomeness of Nell's site anymore, but we were a bit spoiled there :club:
Googledoc sounds like a good idea. Kevin backed everything up on spreadsheets last night.It sure would have been nice if we had more notice. Is there any secret on how to come up with a schedule and H2H matchups with such short notice?
Googledoc sounds like a good idea. Kevin backed everything up on spreadsheets last night.It sure would have been nice if we had more notice. Is there any secret on how to come up with a schedule and H2H matchups with such short notice?
In FCHL, we're just copying last year's schedule exactly. Can you still access last year's schedule at FCHL2?
So Nell is taking his website and going home? How much notice did you guys get?
Apparently 2 days..:club:
I mean, I don't hate the guy or anything, but his "see ya" post was just absurd. talked about wanting to keep in touch while he yanked the site and left us to find a replacement with less than 48 hours' notice pre-auction. it's like, if you wanted everything to be amicable and whatnot, you could have just made this decision at the end of last year. ignoring us for three months and then coming out with that last-minute was just a slap in the face.I'm sure dubey doesn't care about the no-notice portion of it, as his team has an instant EV well above $30. *grumbles about expansion*the FCHL is not folding, that's for sure. we had everyone on last night as if nothing had changed.