Lurbz: The Well

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you were a tree what type of tree would you be ?
Oak.The Oaks can't help their feelings if they like the way they're made, and they wonder why the Maples can't be happy in their shade.

is Robbie bad at pokerz?Full Tilt Poker Game #24310333497: $1 + $0.10 Heads Up Sit & Go (188129433), Table 1 - 10/20 - No Limit Hold'em - 20:48:18 ET - 2010/09/29Seat 1: pokerlovedone (2,980)Seat 2: 2nutzzz4u (3,020)pokerlovedone posts the small blind of 102nutzzz4u posts the big blind of 20The button is in seat #1*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to 2nutzzz4u [4h 5s]pokerlovedone raises to 402nutzzz4u raises to 120pokerlovedone calls 80*** FLOP *** [4c 9d 7d]2nutzzz4u bets 120pokerlovedone calls 120*** TURN *** [4c 9d 7d] [Jd]2nutzzz4u checkspokerlovedone bets 2002nutzzz4u raises to 900pokerlovedone raises to 2,740, and is all in2nutzzz4u has 15 seconds left to act2nutzzz4u has requested TIME2nutzzz4u: bottom pair no good?pokerlovedone: rofl2nutzzz4u: ace of diamonds?2nutzzz4u calls 1,840pokerlovedone shows [Kh 3s]2nutzzz4u shows [4h 5s]*** RIVER *** [4c 9d 7d Jd] [6h]pokerlovedone shows King Jack high2nutzzz4u shows a pair of Fours2nutzzz4u wins the pot (5,960) with a pair of Fours*** SUMMARY ***Total pot 5,960 | Rake 0Board: [4c 9d 7d Jd 6h]Seat 1: pokerlovedone (small blind) showed [Kh 3s] and lost with King Jack highSeat 2: 2nutzzz4u (big blind) showed [4h 5s] and won (5,960) with a pair of Fours

that HH tells me two things1) robbie is the 2nd worst player in history2) youre worse for calling with bottom pair3) at least 1 person will think i don't see it's a level

that HH tells me two things1) robbie is the 2nd worst player in history2) youre worse for calling with bottom pair3) at least 1 person will think i don't see it's a level
who is robbie?also that hand is too complex for you to understand
what is the single biggest influence on your life, poker or otherwise?
Eeek. What do you mean biggest influence? Person/Event/Motto?In terms of a broad spectrum, music impacts me hard in poker and outside it. Certain lyrics can completely change my mindset on things in an instant. A few examples which pop into my head:"Time and time again we fall into the depths of who we are, but you can't keep running away from what you're trying to find.""If we ain't won yet, we ain't done yet.""Rules without exceptions last eternally, every move you make creates your destiny."
Eeek. What do you mean biggest influence? Person/Event/Motto?In terms of a broad spectrum, music impacts me hard in poker and outside it. Certain lyrics can completely change my mindset on things in an instant. A few examples which pop into my head:"Time and time again we fall into the depths of who we are, but you can't keep running away from what you're trying to find.""If we ain't won yet, we ain't done yet.""Rules without exceptions last eternally, every move you make creates your destiny."
not religion?

Few questions to keep the well alive.What VIP status are you?How many VPP's do you make in a year?How do you spend your VPP's?Do you still play poker professionally? If so, what are the pros and cons to this?And finally, are you playing at the PCA 2011?

Few questions to keep the well alive.What VIP status are you?How many VPP's do you make in a year?How do you spend your VPP's?Do you still play poker professionally? If so, what are the pros and cons to this?And finally, are you playing at the PCA 2011?
VIP: Gold, I'm a lazy son of a bitch.VPPs: I'll probably have 50k by the end of the year.Spend: 280 FPP sats, Turbo Takedown, any extra +EV bonuses that come along.Professionally: If you define full time income as professionally, then yes. It sucks because you really can't take much of a break and have to constantly be studying and improving, but it's nice as you can set up your own day to day schedule and if you need a certain day off there's no worry about it. I wouldn't recommend it unless you have the drive to fight through everything.PCA 2011: No, I don't like hot weather, so F PCA. (LAPC/WSOP are possibilities for this year, assuming I am able to sell action)
VIP: Gold, I'm a lazy son of a bitch.VPPs: I'll probably have 50k by the end of the year.Spend: 280 FPP sats, Turbo Takedown, any extra +EV bonuses that come along.Professionally: If you define full time income as professionally, then yes. It sucks because you really can't take much of a break and have to constantly be studying and improving, but it's nice as you can set up your own day to day schedule and if you need a certain day off there's no worry about it. I wouldn't recommend it unless you have the drive to fight through everything.PCA 2011: No, I don't like hot weather, so F PCA. (LAPC/WSOP are possibilities for this year, assuming I am able to sell action)
Thanks man.The highlighted bit is interesting. Where I'm from I could get £360 or $550 as 'looking for a job' allowance. Do you have any of those benefits to supplement your poker income where you are from?
Thanks man.The highlighted bit is interesting. Where I'm from I could get £360 or $550 as 'looking for a job' allowance. Do you have any of those benefits to supplement your poker income where you are from?
Not that I am aware of.Although I've contemplated a student loan while I finish school.Also, I would recommend gaining the ability to run good before trying.
Not that I am aware of.Although I've contemplated a student loan while I finish school.Also, I would recommend gaining the ability to run good before trying.
Trust me, I'm certainly not looking to go Pro. To see what it felt like I booked a week off work and agreed to put in a 40 hour shift. I got 4 hours into Day 1 before I hit the pub. It takes a very disciplined and mentally tough person to make this happen.
PCA 2011: No, I don't like hot weather, so F PCA. (LAPC/WSOP are possibilities for this year, assuming I am able to sell action)
gl, should be nice and cool in vegas
gl, should be nice and cool in vegas
with the EV increase between the two in terms of satties and cash games, plus the lower travel distance and expense, i'll deal
We do have goverment programs here that help people if they lost their job, or if you are "disabled" and cannot work or work a low-paying job that will help you with food, health care, etc. But there are many holes in the system and many people take advantage of the system. This is a topic than can start huge debates and will cause arguments and fights. But as far as poker, if you mention you do that as a "job" most of the time you will get laughed at or people will look at you like a degenerate and treat you like a drug addict.
What is your biggest weakness as a poker player
I tilt way hard.In terms of strategic leaks, I am horrible with 4bet ranges, as well as late stage MTT 3bet ranges and postflop 3bet play with around 40 BBs.