A H L Discussion

I've put a thread in the AHL forum for Tuesdays game for posting lineups. Website is coming along and you guys should be able to see it and use it in a couple days.

• Replies 20.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FCP Bob

• Zach6668

• digitalmonkey

• serge

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and sorry about not having everything up to date yet contract wise. I'll be working on that the next couple days and will have it all done hopefully before the weekend but if not over the weekend for

Unlike other predictions, these are meant to insult and offend both finalists.   #1 Eddie Shack Conference vs #1 Tiger Williams Conference   Steelheads (56-25-1) +/- 167 vs Big M (52-25-5) +/-

AHL GM's European Summit 2015 was a blast! Whalers really embraced the culture....     As per tradition of trades whenever owners cross paths... Whalers and Swackers have agreed to swap .25 both

Posted Images

Oct 14th Pickups

Player Position Team AHL Team

Maxime Lajoie D OTT Cheap Thieves

Max Comtois F ANA Greaseballs

Dominik Kahun F CHI Ingmen

Tomas Hyka F VGK Eagles

Juuso Riikola D PIT Puck Warfare

Goalies-B Vancouver G VAN Whalers

Xavier Ouellet D MTL Canadian Gothic

Kiefer Sherwood F ANA Shoot Loose

Christian Jaros D OTT Cheap Thieves

Jean-Sebastien Dea F NJD Eagles

Libor Sulak D DET Puck Warfare

Juho Lammikko F FLO Eagles

Par Lindholm F TOR Ingmen

Joakim Nordstrom F BOS Ingmen

Alexandre Fortin F CHI Ingmen

Magnus Paajarvi F OTT Ingmen

I'm still unclear as to how our waiver system works. I don't understand how I'm still 19th when I picked up 1 player and Ingmen picked up 5 players. Can someone please explain so I can be educated when I complain?

I'm still unclear as to how our waiver system works. I don't understand how I'm still 19th when I picked up 1 player and Ingmen picked up 5 players. Can someone please explain so I can be educated when I complain?

Whether you pick up one player or 23 it's just the fact that you picked somebody up that week that moves you down the priority list. If you pick up a player you won't move ahead of any other team in the priority list.

Ancient Chinese secret

• Like 1

I think we use the worst waiver process available as an option. (Edit: maybe first come first served is worse.)

I don't think the worst-to-first method is a true indicator of a teams strength. Ex/ Grreaseballs was the second worse team in the standings last year and gets second priority. This process doesn't account for the players a team like Greaseballs can activate/acquire from the farm/auction. Greaseballs was not the second worst team in the league 6:00 tonight.

Basing the priority list on the standings at the waiver claim deadline each week would be a little better, but I think we should get rid of the worst-to-first idea altogether.

Someone mentioned this before... Mike, I believe... we should use a Blind Bid waiver process (seems appropriate given the poker influence in the pool).

Blind Bid (BBID) – A waiver claim placed on a free agent for a certain dollar amount using the teams allowed blind bid budget. These bids cannot be seen by other teams. The highest bidder will win the player.

We'd just have to decide what the starting budget would be and some other little details.

• Like 1

It doesn't matter all that much, but the current system is just fine and it rewards the shittiest teams from the PREVIOUS year for first priority. That person can only get one good one likely as they have to wait on their second one to be processed after all other claims are made.

I think we use the worst waiver process available as an option. (Edit: maybe first come first served is worse.)

I don't think the worst-to-first method is a true indicator of a teams strength. Ex/ Grreaseballs was the second worse team in the standings last year and gets second priority. This process doesn't account for the players a team like Greaseballs can activate/acquire from the farm/auction. Greaseballs was not the second worst team in the league 6:00 tonight.

Basing the priority list on the standings at the waiver claim deadline each week would be a little better, but I think we should get rid of the worst-to-first idea altogether.

Someone mentioned this before... Mike, I believe... we should use a Blind Bid waiver process (seems appropriate given the poker influence in the pool).

Blind Bid (BBID) – A waiver claim placed on a free agent for a certain dollar amount using the teams allowed blind bid budget. These bids cannot be seen by other teams. The highest bidder will win the player.

We'd just have to decide what the starting budget would be and some other little details.

Puck Warfare was 8th and picked up two good young D prospects. Puck Warfare is not a shitty team.

Changing it to a Blind Bid process would potentially add more fun to the league also. People like to bid on players. I think this process has the potential to get more owners interested. It also opens the door for more gamesmanship.

I know it rewards the shittiest teams from the PREVIOUS season... that's one of the problems with it.

What exactly do you think the NHL and our junior draft does? It rewards the shittiest team from the previous season. This is just an additional way to do that.

I don't hate BBID, but we could do that and still help the weaker teams slightly in that process. For example, the weaker teams start with more BBID.

Example:

AHL Champion 1000

#2 Team in Standings 1010

#3 1020

#4 1030

etc...

Worst team starts with 1200

Puck Warfare was 8th and picked up two good young D prospects. Puck Warfare is not a shitty team.

Changing it to a Blind Bid process would potentially add more fun to the league also. People like to bid on players. I think this process has the potential to get more owners interested. It also opens the door for more gamesmanship.

and every team in the pool had the option to either get a player they liked more than Puck Warfare's 2nd choice or get that player.

You know why I like this system. It's simple and fair.

And guess what, I now have a higher priority than all those crappy teams from last year who picked up players this week.

Game Date: 2018-10-04

FINAL G A GA PTS Broadway 1 1 2 0.5 Edit Greaseballs 1 1 0 1.5 Edit

FINAL G A GA PTS Mustangs 2 2 7 -0.5 Edit Canadian Gothic 4 1 2 3.5 Edit

FINAL G A GA PTS PK Dealers 3 7 1 6 Edit Steelheads 0 1 1 0 Edit

FINAL G A GA PTS Red Ravens OT 2 2 1 2.5 Edit Cheap Thieves 1 5 2 2.5 Edit

FINAL G A GA PTS Scarborough Shooters 1 4 4 1 Edit Ingmen 1 0 3 -0.5 Edit

FINAL G A GA PTS Screamin' Eagles SO 1 5 2 2.5 Edit The Big M's 2 3 2 2.5 Edit

FINAL G A GA PTS Shoot Loose 1 2 2 1 Edit The Underdogs 2 6 0 5 Edit

FINAL G A GA PTS Shortstackers 1 3 3 1 Edit Puck Warfare 5 5 5 5 Edit

FINAL G A GA PTS Swackers 1 2 0 2 Edit Magically Delicious 5 6 5 5.5 Edit

FINAL G A GA PTS Winning Combination 2 7 0 5.5 Edit Whalers 1 3 6 -0.5 Edit

Update. The new site is really close. I ran the scores for game one in it and things are looking good. Still a few things to get done before you guys see it but it won't be long.

Don't forget to post your lineups in the AHL forum and also if you picked up any players you have to make sure you have room for them on your roster by moving players to reserve or dropping farm players down or dropping players completely.

Ran into a hiccup that will need to be fixed before you guys can start using the website so I've put a thread in the AHL forum for posting Thursday's lineup. Fingers crossed that it's the last game that we have to do it for

IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ You should see the new website show up within the next 24 hours or so. The alternativehockeyleauge.com domain is currently hosted on Go Daddy. We are going to change it to the new website that is hosted on the same server as FCP today. The DNS propagation can take time though and it can take a different amount of time for different people.

I have created a thread to post your lineups in the AHL forum for Saturday. There are afternoon games.

When you see the new website DO NOT DO ANYTHING UNTIL I TELL YOU THAT YOU CAN. The reason for this is that I have run the scores for the 1st five games but need to do games 6 and 7 before you start to move players to reserve. If you see that all the players who are in your Saturday lineup are available to you then go ahead and post your lineup.

Your log in is the same as the old site. Your user name is an email address. If you don't know what either is or want to change your password let me know and I can help you.

The website is still a work in progress. I will update later today with more details about what is still to come

• Like 1

will be later today that Saturday's game scores are run. I have to wait until the data file is in the website and I am driving a couple hours to visit my Mother in hospital today. Going forward we shouldn't have to wait on the data files but for today we do. Also remember to get your pickups in before 6pm Centre of the Universe time

the wrong data file for saturday was uploaded so I can't run the scores yet. Not sure if I will be able to do it before I leave to work tomorrow or after.

2 pickups this week. I will post them and add the players tomorrow. Sheldon Rempal F LAK was claimed by 4 teams but the Big M's had the highest priority. Red Ravens claimed Buffalo Goalies

Out of the loop. Is live scoring not working yet? Figured I'd be able to check my score tonight.

Live Scoring, a chat in the website and a trade module in the website will be added 2nd half of November