• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FCP Bob

• Zach6668

• digitalmonkey

• serge

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and sorry about not having everything up to date yet contract wise. I'll be working on that the next couple days and will have it all done hopefully before the weekend but if not over the weekend for

Unlike other predictions, these are meant to insult and offend both finalists.   #1 Eddie Shack Conference vs #1 Tiger Williams Conference   Steelheads (56-25-1) +/- 167 vs Big M (52-25-5) +/-

AHL GM's European Summit 2015 was a blast! Whalers really embraced the culture....     As per tradition of trades whenever owners cross paths... Whalers and Swackers have agreed to swap .25 both

Posted Images

Do we have a traceback rule? Could someone theoretically trade players to a team for the last couple of weeks of survivor and then get them back for the playoffs?

Do we have a traceback rule? Could someone theoretically trade players to a team for the last couple of weeks of survivor and then get them back for the playoffs?

that would be collusion and not allowed

Plus it would be after the trade deadline

Fair enough. The only downside I can see the side bets is that it might affect the overall market for players, since a team trying to win the survivor pool might also be in the hunt to add players, driving the market higher than it would be ordinarily for teams stocking up for playoffs.

Daniel....I'm not upset or questioning the side bets. I think they are great ideas and making the league more fun.

I just wanted to discuss if we think they may take something away from the main point of this competition and what others thought of that.

I think I may just care more than others about winning it all vs winning the side bets.

I think the added value of Survivor and Champions League has shown through in terms of interest. The more interesting things we can look to, the better. The AHL playoff is and always be the showcase. That's the reason I moved Champions League up so that it doesn't conflict. Nothing does. Having said that, we have a really long regular season and for over half the teams at this point, they really aren't playing for anything. Using my team this season for example, I'm guaranteed a playoff spot with 20 games to go and I'm not going to win the division. The AHL games I play from now until the end of the season don't hold a lot of meeting.

Now, being alive in Survivor makes Tuesdays fun! Having a Champions League on Saturday is fun! Had those two things not existed, for example, me and several other owners would be mailing it in now and disinterested. The Swacker run was awesome in Survivor!

Collusion is never OK to improve your chances at winning anything. Choosing to place value on whatever you feel is valuable to you, is a personal choice. I don't think any of the 20 owners puts more value on any of our fun additions than winning the big trophy.

Fair enough. The only downside I can see the side bets is that it might affect the overall market for players, since a team trying to win the survivor pool might also be in the hunt to add players, driving the market higher than it would be ordinarily for teams stocking up for playoffs.

Or a team like Swackers, having sold off his rentals in November, goes back and trades for rentals in January because he is on a Survivor run, and then once eliminated on Jan19th, sells them right back off again at the deadline. If you're a contender, this may inflate or deflate prices arbitrarily during the times you are trying to trade. And if you're the guy who plays him within those 4 weeks of his survivor run, well, games get affected to, just like a team that is not allowed to tank because it affects the games.

I dont think any of this is a big deal, and its highly unlikely to happen, but I just like to think out loud about things.

• Like 1

Or a team like Swackers, having sold off his rentals in November, goes back and trades for rentals in January because he is on a Survivor run, and then once eliminated on Jan19th, sells them right back off again at the deadline. If you're a contender, this may inflate or deflate prices arbitrarily during the times you are trying to trade. And if you're the guy who plays him within those 4 weeks of his survivor run, well, games get affected to, just like a team that is not allowed to tank because it affects the games.

I dont think any of this is a big deal, and its highly unlikely to happen, but I just like to think out loud about things.

yeah, that's kinda what I was getting at.

Uhhhh, all this chatter is a bit confusing... I hope I haven't done anything wrong?

no one did anything wrong, I was just throwing out what if scenarios.

well, you did one thing wrong, and that was get knocked out of Survivor and kill my hopes for a Swacker win. Damn you Dublin.

• Like 1

Here's some regular season talk for you guys.

My +/- is 10 pts better than Chris's, 13.5 better than Serge's... Yet they each have 11 (!!!) more wins than me. 33% more wins.

(Note, my +/- on the AHL site is understated by 2.5 due to me dressing no goalies in an upcoming game. Possible Chris and/or Serge have this issue too, but I haven't account for it. My spreadsheet numbers at home would have accurate totals. I'll check after.)

Here's the accurate +/- and rotisserie style points standings, through yesterday:

5e8c998b6a4087611f5bf9008d7781e6.png

Good thing we don't play rotisserie. Those stats are useless

You're so much fun.

"Stop talking about champions and reject cup"

I post about main league.

"That post is useless"

You're so much fun.

"Stop talking about champions and reject cup"

I post about main league.

"That post is useless"

Actually you are the one that takes the fun out of the AHL.

The fun is the match ups. The head to head combat. The fact that two teams like the Steelheads and Mustangs are leading the league over powerhouses like Bob and Dale.

It's a FANTASY league.

The reason we play the games is for the fun factor and the semi luck that is involved. It is fun.

Has my team been slightly lucky, sure I have. But I also have a very good team. Being reminded of your stupid stats and listening to whining that you have been unlucky gets old after a while.

It actually has a lot of us rooting against you.

Like my buddy Phil Helmuth says if it wasn't for luck I win every tournament.

If you are so good put your money where your mouth is. Mustangs vs Shortstackers $50 a game from here till end of season.

You are a favorite right? Rotisserie stats prove it.

Go Mustangs

You also post and call people "idiots"

He called me an idiot too. He called you one also. Maybe he is racist because he never called Serge an idiot and we all know he is.

• Like 1

He called me an idiot too. He called you one also. Maybe he is racist because he never called Serge an idiot and we all know he is.

lol. My nominee for post of te year. Well played Wayne!

Lol. He has called me worse.

Zach's stats are interesting. Dale started doing them and then Zach took over.

It can actually help a team with some decision making so that they might know how good their team really is since wins and losses can have a larger luck element.

I'll take that $50 per game heads up bet if you like Serge for the rest of the season since you're pretty far ahead of me in the standings so your team must be a lot better.

And yes I'm sure Zach's a racist too since he's been mean to me before and I'm more Chinese than Wayne is.