Someone's Writing Malicious Code For Iranian Nuclear Plants

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-11388018
"It is a very big project, it is very well planned, it is very well funded," he said. "It has an incredible amount of code just to infect those machines."His analysis is backed up by other research done by security firms and computer experts."With the forensics we now have it is evident and provable that Stuxnet is a directed sabotage attack involving heavy insider knowledge," said Ralph Langner, an industrial computer expert in an analysis he published on the web."This is not some hacker sitting in the basement of his parents' house. To me, it seems that the resources needed to stage this attack point to a nation state," he wrote.
read the whole thing; it's written for the average person. awesome stuff. seems likely to be israel.related: the farewell dossiertl;dr ripped from reddit: USSR steals pipeline management software from US, but the CIA knows about it and plants a bug in the software that causes the pipeline to explode with about 1/4 the power of the Hiroshima nuclear bomb.

and to tie the conspiracy theory all together, an announcement possibly related to this on wikileaks:"Serious nuclear accident may lay behind Iranian nuke chief's mystery resignation" from July 17 2009, so the timing does work...also some stuff from a semi-famous blogger type: http://frank.geekheim.de/?p=1189

Words used by reverse engineers working on the the thing are “After 10 years of reverse-engineering malware daily, I have never ever seen anything that comes even close to this”, and from another “This is what nation states build, if their only other option would be to go to war”.
so. goddamn. cool.

This will make a really awesome movie. Big ensemble cast, huge budget, locations all over the world, fancy computer nonsense, the works.Also my first thought would be that the United States is the culprit, because we're awesome, but also because of that whole pipeline shenanigan with the Commies. I randomly read that same article you linked to a few weeks ago.

This will make a really awesome movie. Big ensemble cast, huge budget, locations all over the world, fancy computer nonsense, the works.Also my first thought would be that the United States is the culprit, because we're awesome, but also because of that whole pipeline deal with the Commies. I randomly read that same article you linked to a few weeks ago.
Long as they don't ruin it with the 'best the US has' being some 23 year old chick and the person sent to protect her is Clint Eastwood, and she can't help but fall in love with him as the earth dies from carbon pollution on December 2012
Obviously 3d. I just had an epiphany: John Turturro as the heroic Jew (Oscar buzz already).
I'm seeing the red carpet fuzz riding up the back of his rental tux now.