Power Outage While 6-tabling

So last night, a storm was brewing. I didn't know it. I was in the basement playing poker.So, I've got 6 tables going. 4 $6.50's and 2 $16's*. In one, I had 600 chips, up from 20 early in the tourney. I had about 3K on a couple others, and about 4K in a $16.Then the power went out. Uggghhh.I waited and waited, and it came back on after about 5 mintues. Sweet! I logged back in, started playing, got dealt JJ with blinds at 200. Then the Internet quit. I never got to play JJ. I waited a few minutes, then started to panic. It's about 10:30pm...I called my friend and co-worker, who sometimes plays micro stakes. I'm like, "Dude. Can you play for me?" So he logs in. 4 tables are still going. He ends up winning the $16 for $108, and busts out of the rest. Profit!So... I should shoot him some cash. How much? He'd be happy with $20, I'm sure. But I don't want to come across as a cheapskate, even if I am. So, anyone have any formulas out there? It's not exactly like I staked him, plus I had already built up a decent chip stack in that tourney (although by the time he got in, it was probably just a bit over 3,000).Part of me says, "Give him 50 bucks. You're happy to break even in that situation". Plus, he's the type of guy that would be inclined to send it back. Thoughts?* Yeah, I decided to get back on the horse last night, after doing some analysis of my game.

I may be wrong but I think it is okay for someone to take over if you have a power outage/internet failiure.I'd probably ship 1/2 your profit on the session or so. No set rules for this kinda thing.
I think you are wrong and I think DNA's advice here was good.
I may be wrong but I think it is okay for someone to take over if you have a power outage/internet failiure.I'd probably ship 1/2 your profit on the session or so. No set rules for this kinda thing.
That sounds good. $25 shipped.
maybe not....there is this though ...10.2. The User agrees that he/she is solely responsible for all use of the Service under his/her Login Credentials and that he/she shall not disclose the Login Credentials to any person whatsoever.10.3. The User is obliged to keep his/her Login Credentials secret and confidential at all times and to take all efforts to protect their secrecy and confidentiality. Any unauthorized use of the Login Credentials shall be the sole responsibility of the User and be deemed as his/her use. Any liability therefrom shall be that of the User.

Looks like you are okay.http://www.pokerstars.com/poker/tournaments/rules/

Examples of things which are not beyond your control and therefore prohibited include: 1. Going to bed and letting someone else finish the tournament. 2. Entering a tournament then getting on an airplane, or embarking on any other pre-planned trip, while asking a friend to play your account while you change location. 3. Deciding that it would be fun to finish the Sunday Million at Joe's house then asking Joe to take over your account, while you make the 30-minute trip to his house. 4. You and a friend are playing in the same tournament. You agree that if he busts out before you do, he will take over playing your account. 5. Your husband is out of town for the weekend, but gives you his password. You log into both his account and yours and play both accounts in the same tournament. 6. You have progressed to the final few tables of a tournament and somebody offers you cash equity for your seat. You allow the other player to sign into your account, or you continue to finish the tournament following the explicit instructions given by him.Examples of things which are beyond your control and therefore allowed, subject to PokerStars being able to corroborate with evidence, include: 1. A thunderstorm strikes your location and takes the power down for the surrounding area, so you call a friend to take over your account while you make alternative arrangements. 2. Your child is taken ill and you have to attend hospital, so you call a friend to take over your account. 3. You are playing in a tournament and lose internet access in your home due to a failure of your ISP. You call a friend and he takes over while you make alternative arrangements.
edit- although that is contradicting DNAs post somewhat
I think you are wrong and I think DNA's advice here was good.
Please... Do you guys really think that's a problem? Annette_15 publicly admitted that she allowed someone else to use her account and that they ended up winning a tournament. I don't think they care unless you're calling in the closer for a big tourney and someone complains, or engaging in some other type of dishonesty.Ok, so there's a tiny chance that posting this here could be a problem, but I highly doubt that it's going to cause me a problem (unless someone here has something against me).
Please... Do you guys really think that's a problem? Annette_15 publicly admitted that she allowed someone else to use her account and that they ended up winning a tournament. I don't think they care unless you're calling in the closer for a big tourney and someone complains, or engaging in some other type of dishonesty.Ok, so there's a tiny chance that posting this here could be a problem, but I highly doubt that it's going to cause me a problem (unless someone here has something against me).
Need I remind you that you are the one who has been complaining about 'running bad'. This could have been the ultimate bad beat! :club: Highway's link pretty much validates you are OK in this scenario though.
Ok, so there's a tiny chance that posting this here could be a problem, but I highly doubt that it's going to cause me a problem (unless someone here has something against me).
You never know what malicious bastards are lurking out there. I doubt any known forum members (except maybe Lurbz) would be dickish enough to out you.

yeh stars is stupid by how the word everything, but in the case of a power outage it is ok for him to take over...tho i think shipping him money might send some red flags to stars. don't be surprised if they freeze your account and ask you to explain what happened. I think this has happened for some people I know and they just had to explain the situation

yeh stars is stupid by how the word everything, but in the case of a power outage it is ok for him to take over...tho i think shipping him money might send some red flags to stars. don't be surprised if they freeze your account and ask you to explain what happened. I think this has happened for some people I know and they just had to explain the situation
Wow. I'm surprised. I've shipped him money in the past $2, $3, $5, $10, etc. So, there's a pattern. Not sure if that works in my favor or not.
You must have a really cool friend that would do that. :)I think you should tell him thanks and buy him a beer.
wow. It sure took you a long time to make that first post

I feel as though I should add my side of the story.I haven't played online in a few years [heck, maybe since 06] and had just got back to playing again this last weekend. I had just finished up winning a 1.50/18 man when I got the call. However, I have never multi tabled... and I'm on my netbook. So as soon as I log in I have 4 tables beeping at me. I start folding in an attempt to get my bearings straight. I am scrambling to see what tables have what blinds and where I stand in the chip counts. It was pretty hectic to jump into this with no prior knowledge to any of what he had going on. Two of the tables where Hoot hardly had any money were gone quickly. The two tables that were left were a blast once I was able to concentrate on them.It was quite a rush to win for him. I wish I would have known more about the 45 man setup, I went out 8th only to find out they pay to 7. I’m sure I could have stuck it out longer had I known that.All in all, it was a very interesting experience. I think now I have the confidence to play two tables, but hopefully I don't get thrown into a 4 table mix again anytime soon.belome

Wow. I'm surprised. I've shipped him money in the past $2, $3, $5, $10, etc. So, there's a pattern. Not sure if that works in my favor or not.
its just to make sure of MAing and security and stuff :club:
I feel as though I should add my side of the story.I haven't played online in a few years [heck, maybe since 06] and had just got back to playing again this last weekend. I had just finished up winning a 1.50/18 man when I got the call.
So, with that $25, you're accounts up to, what? $35???jk, Thanks brah.

Yea, for power outages or computer breaking scenarios, it's perfectly okay to have someone else log onto your accountand play for you. You want to play a few tournaments for me? I could use a profit.