Annette Obrestad ---- Really?

Reading Daniel's blog about 5 potential TV stars I was very interested to see Annette Obrestad mentioned....... I have no problem with the other 4, except Durrrr probably is already a star so Daniel could have included a 5th lesser known player, but no big deal.Regarding Annette, I just don't see any appeal at all. Physically, she is very unattractive, and seems to have gained around 80 lbs in the last couple years (since the subject is star power on poker TV shows, appearance is a major consideration) Secondly, even though she has some indisputable results in NLHE tournaments, I don't recall any major wins since 2007 WSOP Europe. Her personality isn't just controversial, it is closer to offensive - I mean who has she chosen to berate, ridicule or imply she is a better player than - Ted Forrest, Huck Seeed, Doyle Brunson and all other women (implying Jennifer Harman) - Wow, that is not a list of players that I have ever heard anyone else ever pick to criticize - in my opinion they are 4 of the most respected, likable and successful high stakes players in the world. The show where she is berating Huck just made me cringe, and you can see none of the other players at that table really wanted anything to do with her. To make for good television the other players have to want to engage with the "villain" at the table - i.e. Hellmuth and Matusow who are friendly with most of the other pros, but I think most any high stakes pro would just turn their back on Annette if the cameras weren't on - I know there isn't another female player who I wouldn't rather watch than this Norwegian youngster --- Liz Lieu, Jen Harman, Clonie Gowen, Evelyn Ng, Isabelle Mercier, Shannon Elizabeth (definitely) I think maybe Annie Duke and Annette would be a coinflip on who would make me change the channel quicker.

I mean who has she chosen to berate, ridicule or imply she is a better player than - Ted Forrest, Huck Seeed, Doyle Brunson and all other women (implying Jennifer Harman)
You're completely right. I mean, look at Hellmuth. He gained absolutely no notoriety at all for claiming that he was the best player in the world and that all other players suck. /eyeroll.
Reading Daniel's blog about 5 potential TV stars I was very interested to see Annette Obrestad mentioned....... I have no problem with the other 4, except Durrrr probably is already a star so Daniel could have included a 5th lesser known player, but no big deal.Regarding Annette, I just don't see any appeal at all. Physically, she is very unattractive, and seems to have gained around 80 lbs in the last couple years (since the subject is star power on poker TV shows, appearance is a major consideration) Secondly, even though she has some indisputable results in NLHE tournaments, I don't recall any major wins since 2007 WSOP Europe. Her personality isn't just controversial, it is closer to offensive - I mean who has she chosen to berate, ridicule or imply she is a better player than - Ted Forrest, Huck Seeed, Doyle Brunson and all other women (implying Jennifer Harman) - Wow, that is not a list of players that I have ever heard anyone else ever pick to criticize - in my opinion they are 4 of the most respected, likable and successful high stakes players in the world. The show where she is berating Huck just made me cringe, and you can see none of the other players at that table really wanted anything to do with her. To make for good television the other players have to want to engage with the "villain" at the table - i.e. Hellmuth and Matusow who are friendly with most of the other pros, but I think most any high stakes pro would just turn their back on Annette if the cameras weren't on - I know there isn't another female player who I wouldn't rather watch than this Norwegian youngster --- Liz Lieu, Jen Harman, Clonie Gowen, Evelyn Ng, Isabelle Mercier, Shannon Elizabeth (definitely) I think maybe Annie Duke and Annette would be a coinflip on who would make me change the channel quicker.
He obviously ****ed her. Nice.

With Hellmuth it is the drama of whether Mt. Vesuvius will erupt or not - and most of his opponents enjoy any and every opportunity to get under his skin til he can no longer contain himself. By the way, Huck Seed is down to final 16 in the Heads UP Event High Roller Event at the WSOPE -along with Daniel, Ivey, Gus and a host of big names. I guess it just blew my mind that she would talk to a Main Event champ, a national heads up champ, a T.O.C. winner, a multiple bracelet winner and a guy who probably has the highest IQ of anyone she has ever met like he was a moron. Not to mention, his read on the hand was exactly right - their opponents had a hand with alot of outs to beat them - flush draw and top pair - but they didn't hold the 7 on a 4 to the straight board. When Hellmuth goes off it is because he has lost a hand and his ego just can't take it, but he is usually a gracious winner and a good teammate - Obrestad just seems overy full of herself and with her weight balloning to the point she is shaped like a bowling ball I sure hope she isn't the next young female star.......... I guess if they meet in the Heads up event we will see who is the better player - oops.. she isn't in it. P.S. I just read on Poker News that she dates Scott Montgomery, so maybe it is a Canadian thing - they like the big girls to keep them warm during their cold winters :club:

P.S. I just read on Poker News that she dates Scott Montgomery, so maybe it is a Canadian thing - they like the big girls to keep them warm during their cold winters :club:
That does make me like her a lot less.