Were Adam And Eve Murdered By God?

Were Adam and Eve murdered by God?Genesis 3;22And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever: 23Therefore the LORD God sent him forth from the garden of Eden, to till the ground from whence he was taken. 24So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.I read this as God breaking His word by putting condition in place that make it impossible for Adam and Eve to do what He commanded them to do in Gen2;16. Genesis 2;16And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat: ------This would include the tree of life.17But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die. Thus, they did not lose their lives.God forced them to die by locking up the tree of life.This situation is analogous to you or I finding our child bleeding to death, and hiding the tourniquet that would save it‘s life.In our real world, we would be found guilty of murder and deservedly so. I think that this would be a monstrous act by any person.God did exactly that in Genesis3;24 by the denial of the tree of life. If under our secular law, God would be found guilty of premeditated murder the same way we would be in my tourniquet scenario..This shows a jealous, vindictive, criminal God who would also deny man extremely vital information that man must have for moral growth and to be able to rise above the common beasts. The knowledge of good and evil. The source of our moral sense. Our moral sense is basically the only factor that places us above what we call dumb animals.Many read Genesis and it’s cautionary tale in a literal way and if so, the literal Word condemns God as stated above.If not read literally and as myth, it still shows God in an evil light and I frankly do not know if the writer would denigrate God just to give us some other moral message.Genesis, in the garden as well as elsewhere, shows a sadistic unjust God who is quick to trample on man’s free will and I do not think that free will enters into the why of the story of Adam and Eve but I do refer to it in the link below.As a Deist without a creator God, my interest in Adam and Eve and how God dealt with them is in the morality of the situation and I question strongly the notion that God was behaving in a moral way. If you could respond with your moral view I would appreciate it.The punishment revolves around the notion that Adam and Eve should not have disobeyed God’s command to not eat of the tree of knowledge. God had already declared that that tree was good. This is confirmed here.Genesis 3; 6And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat. Without first eating of the tree that would teach her what good and evil meant, it would be impossible for Eve to know that the tree was good for food or indeed that to die, the punishment for eating of it, was evil. Another reason for not taking scriptures literally because knowing good and evil before eating of the knowledge of good and evil makes no sense at all. Regardless of this fact, one must wonder why, if the tree was already good and desirable for wisdom, why God would introduce a Satan or talking snake to tempt Eve. Good drama I guess. Why punish man for becoming wise is also a good question. Surely He could not have wanted man to remain or go through life without wisdom or less wisdom that He said the talking serpent possessed.I include here other view and perspectives for your perusal, entertainment or enlightenment.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nESfGlR7l-o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQBDGMj2h-c...feature=relatedMy question then is this.Did God set conditions in Eden for His eventual murder of Adam and Eve, through His denial of the tree of life, after breaking his word to them as to their being able to eat from it?RegardsDL
At what point did He murder them? I thought He just cast their asses out, whereupon they gave birth to all of humanity.You realize that your posts are both bizarre and extremely unclear, yes?
That's because he hasn't come clean yet with his true intentions. Wait until his 3rd post in this thread.
At what point did He murder them? I thought He just cast their asses out, whereupon they gave birth to all of humanity.You realize that your posts are both bizarre and extremely unclear, yes?
It is a crime of ommission. He prevented then from eating of the tree of life.If in real life, he would be in jail for murder. Piss poor morals I would say.Would you let someone bleed to death when you could just reach over for a tourniquet and save them?Same thing only different.RegardsDL
It is a crime of ommission.
I mean, everything that doesn't happen that you think should happen is a crime of omission because he can do fucking anything. What with being God and all.Edit: Oh Ackbar, I've let you down.
It is a crime of ommission. He prevented then from eating of the tree of life.If in real life, he would be in jail for murder. Piss poor morals I would say.Would you let someone bleed to death when you could just reach over for a tourniquet and save them?Same thing only different.RegardsDL
Go on ...
I mean, everything that doesn't happen that you think should happen is a crime of omission because he can do fucking anything. What with being God and all.
If He was a God who wanted relevance to man, He would be here. If all He is going to do is hide and then punish then------RegardsDL
Non believers as well but you are right. Mostly believers.They mentally justify it and think the victim is going to a better life don't cha know.Sick.RegardsDL
Actually non-believers kill a a rate of 10:1 faster and with greater frequency than believers.But that's just facts and stuff.Now's the part where you pretend that Catholics can't tell the truth, therefore you can ignore the fact that they are quoting history and pretend they made this stuff up. Because at the end of the day, the only facts that concern you people is the ones you can twist to fit your sick agenda.