I Can't Win Anymore...

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're going to be up against 2 players with a 2 and 2, wtf are you doing rejamming there.
My head asploded when I saw that hand.Seriously, WTF do people really play this bad?And it's also not even close to close w/ 77.
My head asploded when I saw that hand.Seriously, WTF do people really play this bad?And it's also not even close to close w/ 77.
Yes, some do. I am pretty sure you made a bonehead play a time or two when you first started playing as well. Learning form mistakes is how one gets better.Also, how many of you actually play a $3 rebuy 180?? Alot of the times you are just in a race situation. Guys will shove 15-20BB + with KQo after the rebuy is over. Yes, rejamming 22 is bad, but it is not like it is the worst thing ever.1 more thing. I didn't post that hand thinking that was an all-star move or something. Others were posting bad beats, so I posted an exact opposite. Just a good 'ole classic PokerStars rigged hand. :club:
this is false, but way to troll someone actually looking to get better...little urbz in the making
Yes, some do. I am pretty sure you made a bonehead play a time or two when you first started playing as well. Learning form mistakes is how one gets better.Also, how many of you actually play a $3 rebuy 180?? Alot of the times you are just in a race situation. Guys will shove 15-20BB + with KQo after the rebuy is over. Yes, rejamming 22 is bad, but it is not like it is the worst thing ever.1 more thing. I didn't post that hand thinking that was an all-star move or something. Others were posting bad beats, so I posted an exact opposite. Just a good 'ole classic PokerStars rigged hand. :club:
broccoli.jpg
Yes, some do. I am pretty sure you made a bonehead play a time or two when you first started playing as well. Learning form mistakes is how one gets better.Also, how many of you actually play a $3 rebuy 180?? .....
More than you think. These are becoming reg infested and are a highly profitable tournament. The people who grind these are the same people that grind $12/180s.
More than you think. These are becoming reg infested and are a highly profitable tournament. The people who grind these are the same people that grind $12/180s.
I can see that. But, what I do not understand is during the rebuy period, guys will shove anything, lose, then rebuy again. I have seen some people rebuy $15-$20 worth, and then leave before the add-on break. Really $$ for $$ you come out better playing the $12, because $3 + $3 rebuy to 3k chips, plus $2 add-on = $8, and you are going to get coolered in the beginning sometimes, so you can add another $6. The payouts are almost the same. Only difference is you have alot of idiots in the $3 and better play in the $12. I have played about 15-20 of the $3 in the past month, and I have came in 2nd twice, FT a few times, and ITM a few times as well. I have only played a few $12 but I have gone deep in a couple of them, and even ITM a time or two. IDK. My sample size here is a speck compared to some of the other guys here, but I have been reviewing my past month 180 adventures this week, and watching videos so I think my recent results is more luck and me playing results oriented based on the lucky play rather than "solid" poker. Thoughts???BTW - Sorry to UncleHoot for hijacking his thread. It kinda went off-coarse.
....I can see that. But, what I do not understand is during the rebuy period, guys will shove anything, lose, then rebuy again. I have seen some people rebuy $15-$20 worth.....
Basically what you are saying is they are profitable because of the way you played your 22 hand :club: But yeah, that's exactly why. People open up way too much early, when they are won in shove fold later on.

Re 22 hand. Pretty hard to calculate with side pots etc but 77 is prob break even/slightly +EV.You have 36.8% vs their (probable) ranges and need 34.8% but that is completely ignoring the BB waking up. We have closer to 39% with 88. With 22 you have around 28%.Also I'd recommend playing 3Rs over 12s whilst you learn - it's way easier to be a winner in them. Just make sure you don't start regularly getting in for more than $15.30.

Basically what you are saying is they are profitable because of the way you played your 22 hand :club: But yeah, that's exactly why. People open up way too much early, when they are won in shove fold later on.
LOL!! Thanks for that. Yes, that is one thing I am learning now. I have been watching some PokerVT videos from Derk and Grayson, and realize I am way too loose in the beginning, and like you said, it really is won later on. Soooo, which one would be better to try to learn/grind?? Or is it 6 in one, half a dozen in the other???
LOL!! Thanks for that. Yes, that is one thing I am learning now. I have been watching some PokerVT videos from Derk and Grayson, and realize I am way too loose in the beginning, and like you said, it really is won later on. Soooo, which one would be better to try to learn/grind?? Or is it 6 in one, half a dozen in the other???
3r over the $12/180s for sure. But if you really want to learn the dynamic of turbo 180s, just mass table the $2.20/180s. I'd rather learn how to play a specific game where there are very few good regs.
Re 22 hand. Pretty hard to calculate with side pots etc but 77 is prob break even/slightly +EV.You have 36.8% vs their (probable) ranges and need 34.8% but that is completely ignoring the BB waking up. We have closer to 39% with 88. With 22 you have around 28%.Also I'd recommend playing 3Rs over 12s whilst you learn - it's way easier to be a winner in them. Just make sure you don't start regularly getting in for more than $15.30.
this is why i cannot grind these sngs...just give me the mtt baby!
3r over the $12/180s for sure. But if you really want to learn the dynamic of turbo 180s, just mass table the $2.20/180s. I'd rather learn how to play a specific game where there are very few good regs.
I agree unless you like multitabling in which case GL keeping track of how many rebuys you've used.
Also I'd recommend playing 3Rs over 12s whilst you learn - it's way easier to be a winner in them. Just make sure you don't start regularly getting in for more than $15.30.
I don't. I always rebuy to 3k in the beginning, and I will double-rebuy once. If I go busto again, I just stop and move on and wait for another one. Only happenes a few times. I generally play $10 DON and $6 18-man at the same time, or replace 1 with cash game, so usually 1 will offset the other $$$ wise. Usually friday nights are horrible for me, so once I lose about $50-$75 I call it quits for the night.
Eh never quit them pre add-on. It's pretty to survive 30 minutes without rebuying much. I've probably played 120 this month and gotten in for more than $15.30 about 6 times. I average about $12 per tournament
Interesting... I've played these a handful of times, just when I want to mix it up. I think the best I've ever gotten was 9th. LOL. But anyway, are there general rules regarding when you should/should not rebuy? I've always figured that if I bust, and it's close to the add-on, it's not worth it to rebuy, since the odds of me getting more chips is really low. Seems like it would be best to put my $6 into another one where I stand a better chance of accumulating pre-add-on.My rules are:Always double-rebuy (period).Always take the add-on (period).But I've always been curious of rebuy strategy, so I'm wide open for input.