50 Billion Hands

In your example the 89 was never leading. When I think bad beat I think about somebody going perf perf and hitting a one outer on the river like I did a couple days ago. I had 89 off and the other guy had 10 10 with a flop of 3 8 10 rainbow in a limit cash game. Turn 8 and river 8. I imagine he wasn't very happy.

In your example the 89 was never leading. When I think bad beat I think about somebody going perf perf and hitting a one outer on the river like I did a couple days ago. I had 89 off and the other guy had 10 10 with a flop of 3 8 10 rainbow in a limit cash game. Turn 8 and river 8. I imagine he wasn't very happy.
Fair enough. I imagine that throught the course of 50B hands on stars there's been someone who's lost a 6 figure sum to a runner runner perfect situation.Of course your game could have been 4k/8K blinds in which case you're probably the winner!
Fair enough. I imagine that throught the course of 50B hands on stars there's been someone who's lost a 6 figure sum to a runner runner perfect situation.Of course your game could have been 4k/8K blinds in which case you're probably the winner!
It was a 5/10 limit game so I won enough money to fill my car with Premium Gas.
It was a 5/10 limit game so I won enough money to fill my car with Premium Gas.
Very nice. My car doubles in value when I do that!On another note any sign of the WSOP pool prizes. I had planned to give the hat to a buddy for his birthday on Sept. 28th. I'm not being cheap but he's a big fan of the game and it's something you can't get in stores.
Very nice. My car doubles in value when I do that!On another note any sign of the WSOP pool prizes. I had planned to give the hat to a buddy for his birthday on Sept. 28th. I'm not being cheap but he's a big fan of the game and it's something you can't get in stores.
I doubt you'll get that hat by then but hopefully not too long after that.

Generally I would keep this to the bad beat forum but since its probably my worst best ever i'll post it here. It was the final four of the tournamnet, the chip leader had been making a habit of throwing his chips in with no thought to his cards. I trapped him with AA and this is what happened. 1st prize was for over $2000 which would have been by far my biggest poker cash. PokerStars Game #38654509346: Tournament #232932069, $4.00+$0.40 USD Hold'em No Limit - Level XLIII (60000/120000) - 2010/01/24 16:37:54 WET [2010/01/24 11:37:54 ET]Table '232932069 126' 9-max Seat #3 is the buttonSeat 3: ROOLUCK (2429822 in chips) Seat 6: mrpaddyx (1034648 in chips) Seat 7: kam54000 (6186662 in chips) Seat 8: Cerbie (725868 in chips) ROOLUCK: posts the ante 15000mrpaddyx: posts the ante 15000kam54000: posts the ante 15000Cerbie: posts the ante 15000mrpaddyx: posts small blind 60000kam54000: posts big blind 120000*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to mrpaddyx [Ah Ad]Cerbie: folds ROOLUCK: folds mrpaddyx: calls 60000kam54000: raises 3240000 to 3360000mrpaddyx: calls 899648 and is all-inUncalled bet (2340352) returned to kam54000*** FLOP *** [2h Qs 9s]*** TURN *** [2h Qs 9s] [Jd]*** RIVER *** [2h Qs 9s Jd] [Th]*** SHOW DOWN ***mrpaddyx: shows [Ah Ad] (a pair of Aces)kam54000: shows [8h 6s] (a straight, Eight to Queen)kam54000 collected 2099296 from pot*** SUMMARY ***Total pot 2099296 | Rake 0 Board [2h Qs 9s Jd Th]Seat 3: ROOLUCK (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 6: mrpaddyx (small blind) showed [Ah Ad] and lost with a pair of AcesSeat 7: kam54000 (big blind) showed [8h 6s] and won (2099296) with a straight, Eight to QueenSeat 8: Cerbie folded before Flop (didn't bet)

The worst bad beat hand I ever heard of is something like this. I can't remember who it involved, although it was a pro that is rather well known.It was a 9 handed table. After the flop, one person with a pair of 10's raised to 3 times the big blind. The next player, who held a pair of kings, re-raised to double the pot. The big blind, who also held a pair of 10's, folded. The original raiser, holding the other pair of 10's pushed all in, and the pair kings called.The dealer, while getting ready to deal the flop, dropped the deck accidentally into the muck. The floor ruled that the dealer would need to reshuffle the deck with the mucked cards prior to dealing the flop, which she did.And of course, one of the mucked 10's hit the flop, and the pair of kings were cracked, at which time the big blind told the table he had mucked the other two 10's. I can't remember the pot size, but I know it was significant since it was a large stakes cash table.

The worst bad beat hand I ever heard of is something like this. I can't remember who it involved, although it was a pro that is rather well known.It was a 9 handed table. After the flop, one person with a pair of 10's raised to 3 times the big blind. The next player, who held a pair of kings, re-raised to double the pot. The big blind, who also held a pair of 10's, folded. The original raiser, holding the other pair of 10's pushed all in, and the pair kings called.The dealer, while getting ready to deal the flop, dropped the deck accidentally into the muck. The floor ruled that the dealer would need to reshuffle the deck with the mucked cards prior to dealing the flop, which she did.And of course, one of the mucked 10's hit the flop, and the pair of kings were cracked, at which time the big blind told the table he had mucked the other two 10's. I can't remember the pot size, but I know it was significant since it was a large stakes cash table.
Did this happen on Pokerstars?
TJ Cloutier was involved in this one. It's a story in one of his books. As I recall he was on the winning end.

I misclick folded a royal flush on ps on the river a long while agoLuckily it was at .02/.04 limit messing around with a few friends. Another table popped up and I clicked fold lol.

TJ Cloutier was involved in this one. It's a story in one of his books. As I recall he was on the winning end.
I think Scotty Nguyen was the guy who folded the TT. I could be wrong though.
buddy of mine had KK against AJon a KQQ floplost to running Q's
That's just diiiiirty. Especially since it would take a few seconds to register. If it were me, I'd be very confused at first when the pot was pushed toward the guy with Ace high.