• Erik Seidel
    • Linda Johnson
    • Tom McEvoy
    • Jennifer Harman
    • Barry Greenstein
    • Scotty Nguyen
    • Chris Ferguson
    • Dan Harrington

deserving choicesIvey said he may decline if he got it since he didn't want to get in at an earlier age than Chip Reese did around 40.
Where did you hear this?
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where did you hear this?
http://www.fulltiltpoker.com/poker-blog/20...ard-lederer.phpFrom the article:"...In Phil Ivey’s case, there is a particular reason why he may not have been chosen in 2010. Chip Reese was inducted into the Poker Hall of Fame in 1991, at the age of 40. He was the youngest inductee, by a large margin. He was considered by his peers to be the greatest cash-game player of all time, and the honor reflected a feeling that, even among great players, Chip was the best. It was an honor he cherished and anyone who knew and competed against him wouldn’t want to take that away.I had the opportunity to speak to Phil after he had been nominated this year and he made his feelings very clear. In fact, he wondered if he could respectfully decline if he was inducted. He didn’t want to insult the voters, but he feels like his career is just getting started — a scary prospect for all of us but likely true. He also said, in no uncertain terms, that he didn’t want to be elected at a younger age than Chip. He played with Chip for years and knows how much it meant to Chip to be the youngest inductee into the Hall of Fame..."
I think my explanation is more likely
My post merely acts as the hole card camera to your post.